Boro v Aston Villa match thread

Started by erimus74, January 05, 2024, 09:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

JONES TO START IN GOAL....I WOULD PLAY THE KIDS....W3 HAVE NO CHANCE OF WINNING THIS GAME OR THIS CUP....

SAVE THE BEST FIT PLAYERS WE HAVE FOR CHELSEA ON TUESDAY....WE HAVE MORE CHANCE OF REACHING WEMBLEY IN THAT CUP 👍💪💪💪💪💪💪💪👍😍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Forgot about the excellent defensive duo we signed from Villa

McClaren brought in both Gareth Southgate & Ugo Ehiogu two outstanding signings by Steve Mc, putting together a team that lifted silverware & got us into europe
Gareth as captain, lifted our league cup winning trophy & Ugo (RIP) who in the final moments of the final, denied Bolton a last minute equaliser when he throw himself into a rocket shot from a Bolton player, which would have nettled in the back of our net & heavens knows, extra time & penalties

John Trebor

One of my favourites, the Billy Ashcroft subersub game.

erimus74

Suprised (not) Man Utd away v Wigan is on monday live match, borrriiing

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Blott

Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 05, 2024, 03:43:10 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on January 05, 2024, 03:23:11 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 05, 2024, 02:59:12 PM"As David v Goliath games go this is up there" Eh?

No offence Erimus74 but we're not in the 4th Divison yet!

True Bud, but I'm looking at the players that will be available to us, compared to who they could put out, we had a strong squad last season & couldn't contain Brighton, I know we done a number on Spurs but again, a strongish Boro team, just think we'll be so weak tomorrow that it'll seem a mountain to climb

Maybe David v Goliath was a bit OTT

I don't think they'll be at full strength either. We could have more than a fighting chance but thats up to our predictable manager. Start with a back three of VDB, Fry & Clarke with Jones at right wing-back, Engel at left wing-back (where he can cause less damage defensively) and partner Latte-Lath & Coburn up front.
Unfortunately, Carrick won't entertain anything like that, so when the shit does hit the fan he'll stick to his tried & trusted formula of... switching left-backs! That'll bamboozal 'em!!

All of a sudden your David v Goliath analogy isn't so far fetched after all.
out of interest at what level have you managed at?

Obviously Premier League at misery, I am asking about football.

Does Carrick have you on fast call?

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on January 06, 2024, 02:40:10 PMFB-IMG-1704533088224" border="0

Team Lids, rumour that Rogers cant play tuesday night, which is a shame, along with Greenwood, awful so far, rest Howson

Smoggers51

Not sure Erimus but I think Rogers can't play on Tuesday because of his yellow cards.Hope I'm wrong about that mate.

erimus74

Quote from: Smoggers51 on January 06, 2024, 02:57:32 PMNot sure Erimus but I think Rogers can't play on Tuesday because of his yellow cards.Hope I'm wrong about that mate.

As if we wernt weak enough Smoggers

Gingerpig

erimus74

Hackney back, fingers crossed he comes through ok

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

That was an excellent performance there, Balarsar & Clarke are exceptional

erimus74

Barlasar is a good technical player, his downfall is instructions from Carrick

Mention to Glover since he came in, so goid we've not missed Dieng

erimus74

Its going to get harder in the 2nd half as we tire but credit to Carrick & his team for a great 1st half performance

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WE DONE WELL FIRST HALF AND GLOVER HAS PLAYED WELL UP TO NOW 😉
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

AtomicDog

Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

Keeper again, well done Glover

teamboro

TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Gingerpig

HUge plusses on that performance

erimus74

Quote from: Gingerpig on January 06, 2024, 07:20:27 PMHUge plusses on that performance

Fantastic performance, Carrick should be proud of everyone of his players

teamboro

Cannot fault anyone despite the defeat was expecting to be walloped but a great team performance next game just as hard
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

erimus74