Swansea v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, December 15, 2023, 09:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Our season started with 6 straights defeats, against what any of us really expected, even given the change over of players, I didnt expect us to fall so quickly, learning curve the new players & management, this poor run of results was halted with a 1-1 draw at Sheff Weds, which for me seen the 2 worst sides I'd seen this season, then amazingly, we went on to win 6 consecutive games & looking really good & in games batter that last season, then injuries to key players started to increase, we coped at 1st then the results started to suffer 2 wins in the next 8 games, with 3 defeats on the bounce, 4 defeats in the last 5 games, 3 of those defeats on the bounce, which leaves the mighty Boro sitting in 13th place in the championship, two points & 4 places above Swansea, yet still, only 6 points from a playoff place, typical Boro they raise your spirits have you singing from the rooftops then bang, you feel as low as a snakes belly, its what we're uses to & the reason we love our club

I still the last 3 results were aviodable, we gave the points away when we could have had wins against Leeds & Hull, with the only doubt would be Ipswich, maybe a draw if we had played with a bit more conviction

This league is crazy, such a tight league, apart from the top 2 the 4 playoff places are still up for grabs with teams sitting below Boro, except Birmingham who have Rooney in charge, can look at themselves thinking they have a chance of gatecrashing the party, anyone can beat anyone in this league

As mentioned in the Hull match thread, its another game when a toss of a coin of what the line up will be, but pleaeeeeee some game soon our injury crises has to start improving & the big players will start returning, fingers crossed, push us on & get us over this latest awful run we're on, regardless of players returning Carrick/Woodgate have to work out how to try & stop giving so many sloppy goals away, the opposition don't seem to work hard to score

I still have confidence that we'll come through this poor run & mount a serious bid for a top 6 place, mind 50% of the league can say that

12th September 1925 - Swansea Town 4 Boro 0 1st Boro game at Swansea

This will be our 29th visit in South Wales with the following record

Won - 7
Drew - 7
Lost - 14
Goals for  - 43
Goals against - 51

Away debuts v Swansea

28/9/1963 - Don Ratcliffe lost 2-1 - 2nd Division
15/5/1982 - Dave Currie won 2-1 - 1st division (Now PL)
12/2/2011 - Merouana Zemmama lost 4-3

No away hat tricks v Swansea

One away penalty v Swansea

13th February 1983 (1st division now PL) Tony McAndrew became the 79th different Boro penalty goalscorer when he scored the clubs 79th away penalty in a 1-1 draw

Played for both team

Bill Harris - March 1954 our record signing at one time & penalty expert - £18k, between 1955/64 scored 72 goals in 378 games
Mel Nurse - September 1962 our record signing at the time - £25k
Mel started finished his football league career at Swansea Town & finished his career at Swansea City
Phil Boersma - December 1975 our record signing at one time - £72.5k between 1975/77 played 52 games, scoring 3 goals, finished his career at Swnsea in 1978/79 scoring one goal in 18 games
John Mahoney - August 1977 John Neal 1st signing & our record signing at one time - £92k
Dimi - 112 games for the Boro - 4 loan games in 2008/9 from Coventry
Leroy Lita - Played for the 2009/11 scored 20 goals in 80 games, signed for Swansea after the Boro
Marvin Emnes - 31 goals in 162 for Boro between 2008/14, loaned to Swansea twice in 2010 & 2014, scoring 3 in 11 games, before signing permanently in 2014 played 19 more games, zero goals
Nathan Wood - 13 games for the Boro, zero goals, signed for Swansea in 2022
Danny Graham -  6 goals in 18 games when he returned to the Boro for his 2nd spell, he became our 41st loaned player at the Riverside, 63rd in total

Loaned from Swansea City

2015 - Dwight Tiendalli, 2 games, our 73rd loaned player
2017 - Connor Roberts 4 games 43rd league cup debutant - 84th loaned player - 51st at the Riverside - He had his contract canceled

My sons 1st away game - 15th August 2009 Swansea 0 Boro 3

12th December 2012 - The last away cup match my late brother & I attended together, Boro losing 1-0 with a Seb Hines OG, we played really well that night & were unlucky to lose to the eventual league cup winners

A couple of facts

Melvin Tudor George Nurse - After signing for Boro & within a week of joining us he was made captain
During a night out in his time at Boro, Mel Nurse was once mistaken for train robber Ronnie Biggs. He was pulled over by police & questioned before his real identity was established, he played 124 goals scoring 9 goals between 1962/66

3rd January 1981 - David Armstrong missed the 5-0 FAC win at Swansea which was the 1st cup tie he'd missed, including league cup, FAC, Anglo Scottish Cup, Texaco cup, since 8th October 1973 when beating Man Utd away in the league cup 2nd round, Boro winning 1-0

UTMB

AtomicDog

Well Mr Erimus . . .

As you know I've made a living from snooping in on the gambling tipster's on here.
My property portfolio and affluent lifestyle is all there for HMRC to see.

I'm actually playing 'Mousetrap' with Eddie Vedder, Letitia Dean, Jimmy Cricket, Salman Rushdie and Anthea Redfern round Bob Geldof's, So won't be attending unfortunately.
Though we will watching on Ceefax . . .

I'm going for

Hmm . . . quite tricky this

0-14

0-2 at half time

🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

John Trebor

Me and my pal tried to hitchhike to Swansea for that 82 relegation game. Got as far as Bromsgrove then gave up at 3pm. We didn't get back home until 10pm Sunday night.
No map, not much money, back to school on Monday.
Pair of idiots 😁
But it did teach me a lesson about the goodness in most people and the kindness of strangers.

teamboro

I wish Carrick would play Corburn and Lath upfront instead of Crooks tricky game this

2-0 Swansea hope I'm wrong

Great write up E man as usual
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

SWANS 🦢 2  TIMID LIONS 🦁 1

🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

In With the Lurpak

Christmas slump

Cold grey day patchy rain n drizzle  :carrick3:

Swansea 3 - 1 Boro

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

FB-IMG-1702716009843" border="0

💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TeessideTopgun

Need a win , got to stop the rot 2-0 Swansea 😱😱😱

In With the Lurpak

erimus74

Quote from: AtomicDog on December 15, 2023, 10:37:00 PMWell Mr Erimus . . .

As you know I've made a living from snooping in on the gambling tipster's on here.
My property portfolio and affluent lifestyle is all there for HMRC to see.

I'm actually playing 'Mousetrap' with Eddie Vedder, Letitia Dean, Jimmy Cricket, Salman Rushdie and Anthea Redfern round Bob Geldof's, So won't be attending unfortunately.
Though we will watching on Ceefax . . .

I'm going for

Hmm . . . quite tricky this

0-14

0-2 at half time

🐾

😁

In With the Lurpak

Swansea 11/5 just for the win today they only 2 points behind in the table  :orson:

Gingerpig

Not a lot to be optimistic with our defence lately

2-0 swans

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

CAN'T SEE US WINNING WITH THAT TEAM 🙄

FB-IMG-1702735275475" border="0
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

teamboro

What's happened to Coburn not in the team again 🤷🤷🤷🤷

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: teamboro on December 16, 2023, 02:06:58 PMWhat's happened to Coburn not in the team again 🤷🤷🤷🤷

First touch like a Redcar mule

erimus74

Kavanagh on the bench, about time, class for the lad whose been doing really well over the past 18 months

In With the Lurpak

Not saying it's going to work 100% won't know to kick off time anyway so pointless clicking it now

https://sportsnest.co/swansea-city-vs-middlesbrough

Ill post others if that's no good worth a try for those who don't mind a stream

erimus74

Crooks has been awful last 2 games, not knocking him one bit as from someone who signed a contract extension in the summer with Carrick saying, he's happy he's signed but cant promise him minutes on the pitch, to then be an ever present & do well in all the games he's played, barring the last couple, then I hope he finds his form soon enough

In With the Lurpak

This one works if you put a little effort into it .

Click off the little red X

Keep clicking on the sound till the volume works

remove any pages that have opened in another tab and your away

https://worldstreams.watch/play/live/9102/ifollow-19

In With the Lurpak

Bit more stable but still with sound problems

https://sportadds.xyz/or92/c169

best of luck  :carrick4:

erimus74

Out of nothing in a very poor game a really good passing move & good finish from Greenwood for his 5th of the season

Bud Wiser

All credit to Crooks work rate for the goal. He's easily been our stand out player so far.
Defensively we've been non-existent. No real fault of the players - more how they're told to defend the half-way line.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

Cracking through ball from Crooks & a very good finish

teamboro

BoroRedKen

Fry's positional play sometimes is amateurish at best.