Bristol City v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, November 21, 2023, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Well as we're all happily aware, that's the last of the boring, boring, boring international breaks over for this year, as we welcome back real football

After that fantastic result against Leicester City at the Riverside the mighty Boro, who have just the one defeat in the last 12 games in all competitions, unbeaten in the last 3, travel to Bristol City to face a team, throughout our history, we very rarely do well at

Boro & Bristol City, sit 10 & 11th in the table, with Boro 2 points better off with both teams on a zero GD, fingers crossed, GD apart, its the same come 17:45 on Saturday

Hopefully following the weeks break, apart from Smith & O'Brien & now this week the news that Lenihen is out for the season after undergoing a successful operation, we could see a few of the absentees return to the squad, we've been unlucky on the injured front this season

4 of this seasons recruits are showing why Micheal Carrick persisted with playing them from the off, Sam Greenwood & Morgan Rogers both on 4 goals apiece, with Greenwoods free kick v Leicester one of the best at the Riverside, VDB is showing massive promise & potential, but the star of the summer signings for me is Seny Dieng, IMO, our best keeper since Schwarzer

Theres also talk that Jones could be suspended for this game after picking up a yellow v Leicester City, if so, he'll be a big miss, apart from his forward play, his defensive duties are a big part of our game, as seen last saturday, probably my MOTM

We've had some mixed results at Ashton Gate over the years, thumped by Joe Royle on his City (loan) debut, bagging all of City's 4 goals

December 77 a rare appearance on MOTD, seen the Boro won 2-1 with goals from a David Armstrong penalty & Peter Brine

Jan 2011 Moggas team going there & winning 4-0 with Cameron Parks heavily involved when winning a penalty after he came on as a sub

December 2011 Maulaury Martin smashing in a last minute free kick to win 2-1

Another sell out for the fantastic Boro faithful & such a long haul

The 1st fixture away to Bristol City on the 21st December 1901, Boro losing 1-0

Bristol City v Boro fixture will be the 49th fixture in Bristol between the 2 teams with the following record:
Won - 11
Drew - 15
Lost - 22
Goals scored - 49
Goals against - 73

We've done the double over City in 3 seasons
1928/29, 1970/71 & 1994/95

Away debut v Bristol City

11/12/1965 - Registered No452 Des McPartland GK away drew 2-2 - Our 33rd GK
11/01/1969 - Registered No473 Willie Maddren sub appearance away lost 2-0
17/03/1979 - Registered No524 Bosco Jankovic away drew 1-1
22/4/1980 -  Registered No527 Mike Angus away lost 3-1
15/01/2011 - Registered No808 Cameron Parks away won 4-0
12/10/2020 - Registered No943 Patrick Roberts away won 1-0 - 98th loaned player - 65th at the Riverside - loaned from Man City

No away hat tricks v Bristol City

Away penalties v Bristol City

14/2/1959 Bill Harris our 36th successful penalty taker when he scored our 55th away penalty drew 2-2
18/12/1976 David Armstrong our 44th successful penalty taker when he scored our 77th away penalty won 2-1
29/8/2009 Adam Johnson our 81st successful penalty taker when he scored our 111th away penalty lost 2-1
15/1/2011 Leroy Lita our 82nd successful penalty taker when he scored our 113th away penalty won 4-0

Represented for both clubs:

Dickie Rooks
Albert Adomah
Neil Maddison
Lee Tomlin
Tomas Kalas
Gary O'Neil
Aden Flint
Matthew Bates
Andrea Bikey
Terry Cooper - Played & later managed Bristol City
Nigel Pearson - Managed Bristol City

hd picture size

Match reports, headlines & press action photos

TerryCochranesSocks

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

GREAT WRITE UP.....EDITED THE OPENING BIT SO PEOPLE KNOW ITS AN AWAY GAME AND NOT AT HOME 👍

ROBINS 1 BORO LIONS 🦁 2

COBURN
GREENWOOD

💪💪💪
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

teamboro

Brilliant as usual Erimus  :leo2:

0-1 Mighty Reds
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on November 21, 2023, 06:03:03 PMGREAT WRITE UP.....EDITED THE OPENING BIT SO PEOPLE KNOW ITS AN AWAY GAME AND NOT AT HOME 👍

ROBINS 1 BORO LIONS 🦁 2

COBURN
GREENWOOD

💪💪💪
Cheers Lids

erimus74

AtomicDog

Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

tunstall

Fantastic read mate

Them 2 Us 0

Northallerton_Boro

Great stuff.

Never confident away to Bristol City for some reason.

Ill go 2-2

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I THINK HE MIGHT REST MCNAIR WHO PLAYED MIDWEEK...ALSO HAVE 4 PLAYERS ON A BOOKING AWAY FROM A SUSPENSION....😡

STILL A FEW OUT INJURED TOO 🙄

NEED TO GO THERE AND WIN 💪💪💪
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TeessideTopgun

👏👏👏👏

Defo away win 0-1 UTB👍

erimus74

erimus74

Quote from: Northallerton_Boro on November 22, 2023, 10:01:46 AMGreat stuff.

Never confident away to Bristol City for some reason.

Ill go 2-2
👍

TerryCochranesSocks

erimus74

3 of us went to Bristol City back in 1990 in my car, which broke down 6, 7 times finally getting to Bristols ground just before HT, we made our way to the ground in the pouring rain & with all turnstiles closed a steward let us through the gate & into the away end, we caught the last 3 minutes of the 1st half with us losing, we eventually lost the game 3-0

Things didnt improve after the game either, as we needed to have my car towed from county to county & getting home 4 in the morning, absolute nightmare, worst ever away match in my lifetime 😔😢

erimus74

Good to look back on & see our excellent signing Barry Robson great footwork when scoring  our 3rd goal

erimus74

Just found out today that George Friend has just signed for Citys rivals Rovers, he could fake an injury & attend the Boro game to see his old team 👍