Boro v Sheff Weds match thread

Started by erimus74, September 18, 2023, 06:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Well, I guess its up to me to show some Carrick-esque style positivity...

Only 48 more points needed to secure safety!  :carrick4:
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 19, 2023, 10:08:07 PMWell, I guess its up to me to show some Carrick-esque style positivity...

Only 48 more points needed to secure safety!  :carrick4:

Also Bud, we could still have Fletcher on our books, 2 plusses

erimus74

Southampton have lost 3 on the bounce now, wonder who they play next,  :ponder:

Keanu_Reeves

Once again crap, with a side serving of crap, followed by crap for dessert 😵�💫 Engel and Silvera would probably be out of their depth in Boro ladies side 😁

tunstall

Fucking shite that like

And Sky can fuck off as well, in the studio they had an ex Sheff Wed manager and an ex player, wankers

AtomicDog

Well that was a turn up for the book's wasn't it?

Who would have thought that while I was doing My patrol, ambling in the garden, I've been locked out!

But don't worry as an act of solidarity, whilst you're laying in your warm 20 tog quilts.

I shall be doing my own rooftop protest!

It's not only you that follows a rubbish team.

In the meantime I'll shall have to listen to some music, to soothe my heartache:
I do hope they let Me back in before LK starts tomorrow, I've heard the new DR Who is on.

If I'm still here when Doctors starts, I'm off, going to that London!

It's just a blip boy's, nothing we're not use too.

DEEP IN MY HEAT I DO BELIEVE

Up the Boro

Be Lucky
AD
🐾
🐾

Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

Gibson will get the blame for all this, its the easy option, yet did Gibson allow Silvera to run around aimlessly for 88 minutes before been subbed, he should have gone off at HT, did Gibson decide to bring on another project in the making when Rogers came on, what did Greenwood do when he replaced McGree, ballooned a free kick over the or, Crooks is well, just awful

Lattee has missed numerous scoring opportunities this season but against an awful, tiring Wednesday back line with his energy & constant running he would have made the same impact as Jones did, but what did Carrick do, he brought on Rogers when the game had died on its feet, a win would have taken us out of the bottom 3

Soon the games will come thick & fast against the teams who have aspirations to target a top 6 finish, we've had an easy half dozen or so games & struggled in everyone

I mentioned OTR that Warnock saved us when he came in following Woodgates time, posters said, any decent manager would have kept us up, well fans were worried we would lose Carrick during the summer, I wasnt he done well but he needed to do well over 18 months, well our present team, selection, performances, defending is getting worse by the week

erimus74

Quote from: AtomicDog on September 19, 2023, 10:16:43 PMWell that was a turn up for the book's wasn't it?

Who would have thought that while I was doing My patrol, ambling in the garden, I've been locked out!

But don't worry as an act of solidarity, whilst you're laying in your warm 20 tog quilts.

I shall be doing my own rooftop protest!

It's not only you that follows a rubbish team.

In the meantime I'll shall have to listen to some music, to soothe my heartache:
I do hope they let Me back in before LK starts tomorrow, I've heard the new DR Who is on.

If I'm still here when Doctors starts, I'm off, going to that London!

It's just a blip boy's, nothing we're not use too.

DEEP IN MY HEAT I DO BELIEVE

Up the Boro

Be Lucky
AD
🐾
🐾

Great song Atomic

erimus74

And dont get me starting on VDB taking throwins, he gets away with it each time but refs will start pulling him up on it, the bad days of Barragan  :unbelievable:

erimus74

Anyway off to bed, up early work in the morning

Another positve from tonight, we're now unbeaten, one game run

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I'M FUCKING GLAD I WAS ASLEEP AND NEVER HAD TO WATCH THAT FUCKING DROSS 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

TOLD YOU ALL BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED THERE IS JUST SOMETHING NOT RIGHT AT THIS CLUB AND WE KNOW WHO SHOULD REALLY BE LEAVING... THE RECRUITMENT TEAM HAVE BROUGHT IN UTTER DOGSHIT 💩💩💩😡😡😡
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Right after a good nights kip & going over last night's match im still under the same opinion, I was watching the worst two teams in the championship last night, yes the table shows we are the worst two but performances wise 100%

Sheff Wed are the poorest team I've seen, along with us mind, next we have Southampton who are conceding goals for fun & another game, our 8th, against average teams

Then I go back to whose at fault, where does the blame lie, not just this seadon, but countless seasons of management merrygorounds, some are saying Gibson, others says Scott, others will blame Carrick

Whats the alternative, if we could, would replacing Gibson bring us what we want, 100% not, nothings guarenteed, in fact there have been more bad 'new' owners than good, maybe Gibson needs some voice alongside him to, sort, of disagree with him from time to time

Scott, now there's a thing, I questioned his appointment with the fanfare when he arrived only to be told, he'll get us the players we need, top of his game, then, IIRC, Ramsey & Archer were recommend by Banks, not Scott
With the club wanting to go down the road of the less loans the better for team building, which I totally get, while also getting away from 'project players', yet Hopee was a project player who has since been loaned out & is unlikely to play again for us, how are Engle, Silvera, Rogers, regardless of position, better than Hoppee

Carrick, who you say is blameless in bringing those players in can not be blameless at all in watching some of worst, lacklustre performances I have seen for many a season, even some of Strachans signings would be in ahead of those I've mentioned

Where do we go from hete, who do we blame, I havent the foggiest, I know Southampton who come here on saturday concede for fun, will we score, probably, would you put money on us score, not really

This will be our 8th game & IMHO, we must have had the easiest start of fixtures & to be where we are is not down to bad luck but collective poor management

UTMB

TerryCochranesSocks

A positive....
Coburn.

I can see Josh playing in the same role that Carrick moved Akpom into. Josh isn't an out and out No 9 in my view but his energy and strength, as well as decent control, could see him playing the same role that Akpom played.

Other than that it was terrible

Engel - clueless defending
VdB - Not good enough, never a right back, foul throws
Hackney - dropped 3 levels since last season, too slow, dwells on the before before misplacing passes
McGree - patently unhappy here
Silvera - slow, ineffective, passenger
Crooks - what the hell has happened to him? Donkey.
O'Brien - ok. Like a poor man's Leadbitter
Dieng - ok
Fry - ok
Lenihan - ok

Subs
Jones - 7/10
Greenwood 2/10
Rogers 2/10

Carrick 2/10
Why was McGree given the hook on 68 mins but Silvera allowed to roam around doing fuck all until the 90th?
Silvera should have been hooked at halftime and Lath brought on.
Given lack of left back options last night I would have moved Engel up to left midfield, Silvera off and brough Smith on at right back and moved VdB to left back.
Crooks should have been hooked and Lath brought on at No9, Josh moving to 10.

It's an easy game when you're just watching I know, but fuck me Carrick doesn't seem to see how bad it currently is and his choices are making us worse.

Gboro64

The most galling issue in all of this is the fact that most of the teams that we battered last season have improved Preston, Cardiff, Birmingham etc whereas we have gone from a play offs team to a side nosediving towards relegation.
Tha replacements for our departed players are abysmal and while the recruitment department must take most of the responsibility Carrick's team selection has been poor.
Jones must be wondering how Silvera is playing instead of himself. O Brien who is a decent player being played out of position, Engel what can I say.
As we are fragile in defence maybe it's time to try Wilderball and go 3 centre backs as all of our full backs are really wingers but I doubt Carrick will go against his standard formation.
This is probably the weakest squad I've seen at Boro since the eighties under Madden and we know what happened then

borope

Hoppe couldn't even get a game for Hibs and now he's sat on the bench for San Jose in the US. VDB looks awful at right back. He gave a needless corner away against QPR which led to their goal. His next touch was a foul throw. How could we not sign a right back ?

borope

End of the day we've lost 40 goals with Akpom, Archer and Ramsey going and replaced them with dross, Atalanta Man City and Brentford reserves.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: borope on September 20, 2023, 12:04:39 PMEnd of the day we've lost 40 goals with Akpom, Archer and Ramsey going and replaced them with dross, Atalanta Man City and Brentford reserves.

Thats what is making all the difference

We get enough shots on target just not enough converted to cover for the shite defence

oldfield

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on September 20, 2023, 12:12:41 PM
Quote from: borope on September 20, 2023, 12:04:39 PMEnd of the day we've lost 40 goals with Akpom, Archer and Ramsey going and replaced them with dross, Atalanta Man City and Brentford reserves.

Thats what is making all the difference

We get enough shots on target just not enough converted to cover for the shite defence

Mystery meat are doing well i see .....

tunstall

Just look at the protests going on at Sheff Wed last night against their owners.

Happens at other clubs too.

Be careful what you wish for.

UTB.

erimus74

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on September 20, 2023, 11:48:20 AMA positive....
Coburn.

I can see Josh playing in the same role that Carrick moved Akpom into. Josh isn't an out and out No 9 in my view but his energy and strength, as well as decent control, could see him playing the same role that Akpom played.

Hackney - dropped 3 levels since last season, too slow, dwells on the before before misplacing passes
Dieng - ok
Fry - ok
Lenihan - ok

Subs
Jones - 7/10
Greenwood 2/10
Rogers 2/10

Carrick 2/10
Why was McGree given the hook on 68 mins but Silvera allowed to roam around doing fuck all until the 90th?
Given lack of left back options last night I would have moved Engel up to left midfield, Silvera off and brough Smith on at right back and moved VdB to left back.

It's an easy game when you're just watching I know, but fuck me Carrick doesn't seem to see how bad it currently is and his choices are making us worse.

Good post & glad someone else has mentioned VDB throwins, hes as bad as Bannagan was

tunstall

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on September 20, 2023, 11:48:20 AMA positive....
Coburn.

Dieng - ok
Fry - ok
Lenihan - ok

Subs
Jones - 7/10
Greenwood 2/10
Rogers 2/10

Carrick 2/10

Swearing.

Reported.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Keanu_Reeves on September 19, 2023, 10:15:17 PMOnce again crap, with a side serving of crap, followed by crap for dessert 😵�💫 Engel and Silvera would probably be out of their depth in Boro ladies side 😁

Maybe its because of the money being hemorrhaged on this silly wimmins kickabout all we can afford is National League standard garbage like Engel & Silvera?
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

New Division

And to top it all off a woman commentator on Sky🤬

Mike Peeler

I'm forever an optimist - so it is a step in the right direction - if we get beat on Saturday I would sack him like.

We're Middlesbrough ..... We're Middlesbrough!  :leo1:

tunstall

Quote from: New Division on September 20, 2023, 05:03:41 PMAnd to top it all off a woman commentator on Sky🤬

Fuck off daft cunt

She was miles better than some of the blokes we've had to endure over the years

I was pissed off about the lack of Boro representatives in the studio mind