Boro v QPR match thread

Started by erimus74, September 01, 2023, 08:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsteel (Moderator)

Inevitable what is going to happen to Carrick unless he shakes things up. He needs to drop Silvera, he simply isn't good enough, he is league 1 standard. Needs to go to a 442 because we are weak in the middle and light up top. The number 10 role isn't working out, Rogers has potential over time but he ain't Akpom, ELL looks about as useful as Akpom when he was played up top, and you can see why he never cut it at Atalanta. Be lucky he hits double figures this season.

GIBSON, SCOTT & BAUSER SERIOUSLY GO FUCK OFF!!

Redsteel (Moderator)

And another thing, Carrick needs and old head in his coaching staff, the current lot are relative rookies themselves. Mike Phelan, what is he up to these days, give him what he wants and get him in.

Johnny Thunder

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on September 02, 2023, 04:44:36 PMLeague one players, replacing premier league players, guess what happens  :unbelievable:

exactly right .

There is no great revival this season no rapid climb up the table they do not have the players .

Don't expect Kim Jung Steve to be popping up in the Gazette with words of encouragement he will stay silent as per usual and watch the season fall apart .

Redsteel (Moderator)

The guy from the room outsmarted us today, what a shambles  :carrick3:

Bud Wiser

Well, I didn't pull my punches as to what was coming before the first ball of the season was kicked. Unfortunately, its turned out even worse than I predicted!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Bud Wiser

Quote from: teamboro on September 02, 2023, 04:49:56 PMWhy did he take off Jones silvera should be off

It was a scandalous decision. In keeping with the actions of someone who wouldn't know his best team if it shit on his thick head!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Nosmo-King

Carrick needs to book a long meeting with Sir Alex and discuss all aspects of his management style and tactics. God knows he needs to pull more than a rabbit out of the hat!

erimus74

Well not much to say really, I said to Ken after the game, if I was offered 4th bottom I'd snap their hands off

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Smoggers51

That was a shocking display today. Rogers can't hold the ball up as a no 10 is supposed to.Silvera was very poor today.The one positive I took from today was that Jones looks like he is slowly starting to gain form and confidence.The team has to get back to basics, why are we not pressuring opposition goalkeepers on corners. We seem to have forgotten the basic pass and move tactics.We seem to be lacking a sense of team spirit lately as well.After all that though I will still be following the lads home and away because it's the BORO!!!

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

erimus74

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on September 02, 2023, 08:10:37 PMAnd NUFC lost - again!

Brighton have never loojrd back since drawing with us in the final gamecat the Rice in 2015 then losing the playoffs then the following season won promotion & just got better, even changing their manager they improved again

erimus74

Thats the fella

I was watching the tele & thinking what was the name of the Man City forward we got onloan who was going to have a bright future, then bingo thats the fella

Alex Nimely = Rogers, both useless

BoroRedKen

Howson looked done in. Dont know what they see in Rogers. There are footballers in Engel and Latte just hope we see more soon.
Mcgree and Coburn perked us up a bit when they came on but i felt we were never going to score.

Daft little things like nobody marking the far post at corners. 11 players all in our half at 2 down.

And that daft offside thing has to go. Not raising the flag straight away will result in a bad injury before long.

BoroRedKen

And the guy that came on for QPR with the hair! From behind it looked like Kim Kardashian was sat on his head!

erimus74

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on September 02, 2023, 10:16:43 PMAnd the guy that came on for QPR with the hair! From behind it looked like Kim Kardashian was sat on his head!

😁

erimus74

I came out of the game quite calm but now reading through some of these posts & reliving some of the horrow show today ive got more worked up as time goes on

I will say here & now, this present crop of useless players, Greenwood & O'Brien apart, will not get us out of the rut we're in, im dreadiing to think what the better teams in this league will do to us

On a lighter note new debutants/registetrd players today 1003 & 1004

BoroRedKen

Too many worried about their hairstyles! Even the linesman looked like he had just fell out of GQ magazine..

Blott

I thought we were destroyed down their right. It was easy to sort, we didn't.

We should have scored 4.

tunstall

It's always fucking should have....would like to see us actually converting some of these chances once in a while....

teamboro

Cup games against lower league teams are papering over cracks thought with Tuesday's win we would kick on but no another bad day at the office
 :unbelievable:
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Lets get some analysis

The first goal was a worldy form a lad that had never scored before and went in off the post. Score a minus for not closing him down.

Their keeper (Begovic) played a blinder (in the manner of Joe Clumsy when he came on as a sub for QPR a couple of years ago) and scored 9.2 on sofa score. Made 9 good saves from our 16 shots. They had 3 shots on target

Our shooting is at times appalling and at others unfortunate. Silvera must be wearing clown boots and Latte Lath has no left foot

Paddy McNair was atrocious again especially in the first half hour

The Referee was weak again - why did he have to engage for so long with the weirdo boss of QPR about a whistle in the crowd ( I didn't hear it from my spot in the WSU) Allowed too much time on field for treatment that could clearly have been given off it

Engel had his best game yet (7.7) may make the grade but needs more going forward

Jones seems to have lost all confidence to take a man on. Didnt even think about it when he first appeared

The two new lads plus McGree and Coulson added much needed pace and we'll be a better team when they all play. Howson has gone now as a 90 minutes force in midfield

Rogers is no Akpom in that role but then neither was Akpom in the last few games

Dael Fry needs to stop being a headless chicken when the pressure comes on - the defence finishes out of shape and vulnerable. Not sure what defensive system we play - is it zone or man. Dont think anyone knows. We had 8 players around the 6 yard area and no one covering Colback or three others standing waiting for loose ball around the pen spot

We have enough players that can perform but we need Carrick (and esp Woodgate to sort out the defending)

Don't have a problem with Dieng - can't blame him for either goal

As I've said many times this is a 3 to 4 year rebuild

We gambled with expensive loans last year which no doubt drained the coffers - we were never going to spunk big money

It is what it is - things will settle down and we'll be mid table

Redsteel (Moderator)

The morning after, and feelings are still the same. You can accept a re-build and the vision going forward, however, we looked like a team out of sorts against, and lets be right, a poor QPR team. These are supposed to be the easy fixtures and yet we are rooted to the bottom of the table.

There are a few things that need to change, because it just isn't acceptable the way we are. For starters the defence needs to be sorted. Either go three at the back with Dicksteel and Engel wingbacks or go a flat 4 with dicksteel in front of the back four. Midfield, should be O'Brian Hackney/Barlaser if you go 5 at the back or in a four Mcgree on the left and Forrs/Rogers/Jones on the right. Coburn/ELL up top with Greenwood just in behind.

If we keep doing what we are, then it will only get worse as I see it. I can't see Carrick changing the system, I will file him with the rest, stubborn to the point of being sacked.

I understand the build and push for promotion in 3-4yrs time hoping the prospects by then are the real deal. However, the fans aren't daft and have been sold the dream of a genuine push for the top 2, which the club should have put right during the window. People will be cool if you tell them the long term plan and the short term pain if we started off badly. Yesterday was nothing short of shambolic and the punters will only tolerate it for so long.

Hats off to those who pour their hard earned into the club, you all deserve better value than you are getting.