Boro v QPR match thread

Started by erimus74, September 01, 2023, 08:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunstall

I remember Andy Sinton (cunt) taking a dive for a penalty in the last few minutes at their place during the first Premier League season

TeessideTopgun

Quote from: erimus74 on September 01, 2023, 08:16:46 PMForgot to post these, taken from my 1977/78 scrapbook, I cant recall the powercuts back in november 1977

Hedley used to coach our football team , was a good lad , nothing on him but he couldn't half whack a ball

Gingerpig

Today a scratchy performance , not great but a much needed win 2-1

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: tunstall on September 01, 2023, 09:02:08 PM
Quote from: Blott on September 01, 2023, 08:58:38 PMThat terminal downstairs for UK flights is miserable.

D6?

Not when you're almost home from a long work trip it isn't

I'll be there a week on Saturday grinning like a fucking idiot

I was going to say D6 when reading this thread. Murphys Bar and D6 was always the welcome back to civilization after spending long trips in shithole countries. All lads in there early doors with big fuck off smiles on their faces getting ready for flights back to the UK. Good memories but I couldn't do the long trips in shitholes anymore, would rather sweep roads.

Westlane_rightwinger

3 - 1 to us.

My abiding memory is getting dicked 5 - 0 there in 98. Townsend sent off. The white city estate reeked of ganja.

erimus74

Quote from: John Trebor on September 02, 2023, 12:32:38 AMThanks Erimus, good stuff.

My only real memory of QPR games are the two FA Cup games in 82.
First FA Cup game on a plastic pitch I think. I remember leaning over the wall to feel it. It was horrible, like twisted elastic bands. Must have knacked.
Bobby Bloody Thomson scored our goal in the 1-1 draw and then missed a penalty in the 3-2 replay defeat.

Thats rjght John, we scored the 1st ever FAC goalnon QPR's awful pitch, Bobby scored after 11 minutes, they equalised late on

erimus74

Quote from: Gingerpig on September 02, 2023, 08:06:54 AMToday a scratchy performance , not great but a much needed win 2-1

I'll go with that 🤞

erimus74

Nosmo-King

My memory relates to the 6-2 game! What a match! 2 down after 5 minutes then the Big John and Hughie show took over.

Little nipper I was on the Holgate. I don't think many believed our come back chances after 5 mins.

Not oh how we proved that wrong! Great afternoon

Johnny Thunder

I'm going to take a stab at this:

:leo3:

BoroRedKen

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on September 01, 2023, 06:40:38 PMI WILL BE IN SCHIPOL AIRPORT TOMORROW ABOUT 1 PM... FLY TO BANGKOK ABOUT 5PM... IF I CAN GET A GOOD WI FI SIGNAL I WILL POST THE TEAM 👍💪💪💪👍😎🌞🇹🇭 U.T.F.B. 😉🍺🍺🍺

All safely tucked up in Teesside Airport.

Hope Lids enjoyed his stroll from the roundabout!

Have a good un mate and see you when you get back. BEHAVE!

:alf:  :bigjack

erimus74

Quote from: tunstall on September 02, 2023, 04:24:56 AMI remember Andy Sinton (cunt) taking a dive for a penalty in the last few minutes at their place during the first Premier League season

I was at that game tunstall, we were leading 1-0, 2-1 & 3-2 surrendered our lead each time

erimus74

erimus74

Hopefully Smith coming back in & with having 60 odd minutes behind him, before his silly moment & getting sent off, can get himself to how he was this time last season

erimus74

How good is, holgate end queues today

RiversideRifle

UTB

Smoggers51

Once again Erimus great write up mate.After our fightback at Bolton and some of the new signings I'm anticapting a win today 2-1.Going for Silvera to score today if he starts.UTB!!!

erimus74

Quote from: Smoggers51 on September 02, 2023, 11:35:07 AMOnce again Erimus great write up mate.After our fightback at Bolton and some of the new signings I'm anticapting a win today 2-1.Going for Silvera to score today if he starts.UTB!!!

Cheers Smoggers51 👍

Redsteel (Moderator)

Its feeling a bit more positive on here now regarding the Boro, we have a couple of wins and draws thrown in to the mix.

:rudi:

erimus74

Are we going to see 1003rd debutant today! 124 years today after we 1st kicked a ball in the football league

Redsteel (Moderator)

Think it's nailed on O'Brian starts today. Could go with 3 in the middle 433

Nosmo-King

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WHY IS MCGREE NOT STARTING 🙄🙄🙄

I DO NOT THINK THAT'S IS OUR STRONGEST LINE UP 😡😡😡
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Blott

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on September 02, 2023, 02:05:57 PMWHY IS MCGREE NOT STARTING 🙄🙄🙄

I DO NOT THINK THAT'S IS OUR STRONGEST LINE UP 😡😡😡
I mcgree