West Brom v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, September 30, 2024, 05:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Quote from: erimus74 on October 01, 2024, 10:32:36 PMIs this win as good/important as when we beat Sheff Utd 3-1 at tgeir place 18 months ago?

No where near for me. Sheff Utd were a top side. West Brom are this seasons Preston North End.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 01, 2024, 10:40:20 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on October 01, 2024, 10:32:36 PMIs this win as good/important as when we beat Sheff Utd 3-1 at tgeir place 18 months ago?

No where near for me. Sheff Utd were a top side. West Brom are this seasons Preston North End.

I think West Brom are a bit more of a threat for a top 2 than Preston, my opinion mind

My question was around the win, they were not only top, unbeaten at home but also havent conceded at their place
I see where youre coming from, if we bring our goals into play we'll take some stopping

Clem Fandango

I didn't have the chance to watch the game - sounds like we played well.  Good result either way.

:champs:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I NEVER WATCHED IT LIVE AS IT WAS ON AT 2 IN THE MORNING AND I WAS FUCKING FULL OF CHANG....DEFENCE WHERE GOOD RVB 💪💪💪 MCGREE AND DOAK MAKING THE DIFFERENCE AGAIN AND LOOKS LIKE THAT KICK UP THE ARSE I SAID HACKNEY NEEDED OFF CARRICK HAS WORKED 👍👍👍

JUST WATCHED THE GAME HIGHLIGHTS ON YOU TUBE....6 MONTHS I THINK SINCE WEST BROM CONCEDED AT HOME AND THAT WAS TO SUNLUN 👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

In With the Lurpak

:carrick1: Can't fault that result.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

tunstall

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: tunstall on October 02, 2024, 06:48:39 AMWho the fuck is Mark Fellows?

WEST BROM FAN WHO DIED AT HILLSBROUGH ON SATURDAY 🙏
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TommyDickfingers

Good professional performance.

Worked the ball well and quickly through the midfield and hands up, I was one of the fans questioning Hackney a few matches back but fair play to him been MoM the last two games in my opinion.

Also whoever in our recruitment team scouted Morris deserves a massive pat on the back.

tunstall

Yeh Morris has been exceptional

tunstall

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on October 02, 2024, 07:14:36 AM
Quote from: tunstall on October 02, 2024, 06:48:39 AMWho the fuck is Mark Fellows?

That'd be Mark Townsend....

erimus74

Buzzing this morning thought we controlled the game throughout last night, very solid, professional display, put consistency tobour game & we'll be challenging at the top

McGree now 3 assists in 2 games, how vital is he to us
RVD just oozes class & calmness, Edmundson rock solud & Morris just does his job so, so good

Middlesbrough player ratings vs West Brom with 'disruptor' edging close man of the match battle https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-player-ratings-vs-west-30049090

Nosmo-King

Very professional team performance last night. Defence looked pretty sound. When we move the ball at speed we are a totally different proposition- and very easy on the eye.

We have the players to play and pass at pace- please don't revert to this incredibly slow build up. It is neither effective nor works.

erimus74

Two games in a row were all players played their part, a massive win

erimus74

West Brom's comments from last night

"I think that both teams arrived enough times in the last third of the pitch & they stretched us more & found a way to make the chances, we didn't find the way to create the same danger as them."

The credit of an opposition manager for such will be music to Michael Carrick's ears having had to watch his Boro side squander numerous points already this summer due to their misfiring in the final third. But reacting well to losing at Sunderland, Boro's attack has been much better in the last two.

erimus74

RiversideRifle

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on October 02, 2024, 07:14:36 AM

Get fuck all right you 👎👎👎👎👎
UTB

Clem Fandango

Quote from: erimus74 on October 02, 2024, 09:22:23 AMBuzzing this morning thought we controlled the game throughout last night, very solid, professional display, put consistency tobour game & we'll be challenging at the top

RVD just oozes class & calmness, Edmundson rock solud & Morris just does his job so, so good

Middlesbrough player ratings vs West Brom with 'disruptor' edging close man of the match battle https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-player-ratings-vs-west-30049090
How was Azaz? He is the one player I have most doubts about - but he might come good with better players around him (like McGree and Doak - they've both transformed the attack).

Morris has been so good right from the start - very impressed with him.  Edmundson has also stepped in very well after missing a lot of football - well done lad.

erimus74

Quote from: Clem Fandango on October 02, 2024, 04:31:38 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on October 02, 2024, 09:22:23 AMBuzzing this morning thought we controlled the game throughout last night, very solid, professional display, put consistency tobour game & we'll be challenging at the top

How was Azaz? He is the one player I have most doubts about - but he might come good with better players around him (like McGree and Doak - they've both transformed the attack).

Morris has been so good right from the start - very impressed with him.  Edmundson has also stepped in very well after missing a lot of football - well done lad.

Ive had my doubts about Azaz, last season he scored & had a number of assists this season he struggled from the off, IMO mind.

Last 2 games he's showed what he can bring to the team, half the player when played out wide, in his present role he carries the ball, hard to dislodge, has a good eye for a pass, generally influences games, another posative in the team

erimus74

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-carricks-message-anfernee-dijksteel-30053454?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Always rated Dijksteel, good signing by Woodgate when he took over, glad he's done well when called upon, similar to McNair from last season when out of the team he was brought in when needed & showed a professional attitude, Dijksteel is the same

Bud Wiser

Quote from: erimus74 on October 02, 2024, 04:54:31 PM
Quote from: Clem Fandango on October 02, 2024, 04:31:38 PM

Ive had my doubts about Azaz, last season he scored & had a number of assists this season he struggled from the off, IMO mind.

Last 2 games he's showed what he can bring to the team, half the player when played out wide, in his present role he carries the ball, hard to dislodge, has a good eye for a pass, generally influences games, another posative in the team

I think the best way to describe Finn Azaz is that he's a more attacking version of Dan Barlaser with the added advantage of actually being able to pass the ball to one of his OWN team mates.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

erimus74

Now down to 7th, Watford losing 2-0 away at Preston

erimus74

Now 3 down, we can pass around these surely