Boro v Preston match report

Started by erimus74, September 11, 2024, 07:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westlane_rightwinger

Same issues as last season.

Weak minded, lazy and woeful at home to some poor sides.

Carrick was a Fanny as a player, now as a manager we are seeing it in his teams.

ZiEgE

I think Lath looks a player that's had his head turned.

I'd give him the fist 45 minutes against the mackems and if he doesn't show up put Conway up top.

erimus74

For me we've had a relatively easy hand picked 5 fixtures resulting in two wins & one defeat.
We  should have been out of sight before they equalised, we had enough good chances to have had a commanding lead within the first 20/30 minutes, once our chances & pretty passing minimised & they scored then onwards we became frustrated & desperate & slow tempo passing, most teams will come here, annoy us, waste time, knowing it will have the effect then once the crowd has turned the away team start to attack us more
When we start to get on top the opposition will revert back to sportsmanship tactics & until Carrick can overcome this w'll struggle, one thing I will give Preston, when we did eventually break through they put bodies on the line, on the other hand, we must waste more time passing the ball between GK/defenders & midfield before we get to the half way line than the opposition keeper does.

erimus74

For me Gilbert is ahead of Azaz, he has to be given another opportunity, he was very unlucky to lose his place after the Leeds game & at least, yesterday, brought on at HT over Azaz

erimus74

The last time I can recall the opposition GK getting booked in consecutive home games against us, though it must have happened since but cant think, was back in January 1990 both against Plymouth, league then FAC
Theyre keeper got booked for two very similar fouls & IIRC the same area just outsde left hand side of the penalty atea, both games finished 0-0, we won the replay

erimus74

George Edmundson our 116th loanee, 83rd at the Riverside is registerd No1023 (my stats)

He became the 5th Boro player to make his debut when wearing the No25 shirt

Juninho v Leeds

Curtis Main v Palace

Kenneth Omeruo v Doncaster

Matty Crooks v Fulham

Ben Doak our 117th loanee, 84th at the Riverside is registerd No1024 (my stats)

He became the 3rd Boro player to make his debut when wearing the No50 shirt

Fin Cartright v Huddersfield Town

Caolan Boyd Munce v Mansfield - the clubs 21st FAC debutant

SteveG66

Superb post Erimus. I really enjoyed looking through the Boro v Preston programmes, articles and photos.
A really lovely job Erimus.

erimus74

Quote from: SteveG66 on September 15, 2024, 04:39:57 PMSuperb post Erimus. I really enjoyed looking through the Boro v Preston programmes, articles and photos.
A really lovely job Erimus.

Cheers SteveG66, 👍