teamboro

Phew 2-2 Conway 💪💪💪💪💪
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

teamboro

Another unnecessary frustrating match
2-2

Clem Fandango

I'm not a fan of Azaz - he put a couple of good passes through today but don't think he is good enough.

Dieng had a shocker.

Engel shouldn't put the shirt on again - he needs fucking off.

Burgzorg is really frustrating.  He does some great stuff but it comes to nothing.  He had about 6 shots today blocked by defenders - he either needs more guile or to take a much a quicker snap shot.

I still like the look of Morris.

Conway looked lively and confident - he starts the next game for me.

In With the Lurpak

Rather calamitous to say the least. Get out of jail moment at the end. Too many mistakes. early days certainly  not worth the most expensive or near most expensive ticket prices just look at Sunderland one again flying.

ZiEgE

Take away from  the game.

Azaz is not good enough in the 10 and will not score a lot of goals there.

Sloppy mistakes are costing us, both of their goals were gifts.

We're not a million miles away from being a very good side, a left back and perhaps McGree or Hamilton becoming a goal scoring 10 and we'll do damage in this league.

Blott

I enjoyed that. We have to stop the daft goals, which is easy.

For me Clarke and Ayling were outstanding but I will get hammered for this I thought Azaz was a good 8 out of 10.

Ayton Mews

Azaz took up some great positions in the first half especially, and must have played Jones in about 6 times, unfortunately Jones just did nothing with it.

I do find Azaz a bit frustrating though. He just lacks any sort of aggression

erimus74

Frustrating game, still think we'll be more than a match for anyone

teamboro

The only problem for me with Azaz great awareness, excellent on the ball no end product at the moment he was our best player first half second half we should have had Coburn on for hold up play shocking at the back especially Dieng for their second goal

erimus74

I think both Portsmouth & Derby will occupy the bottom 6 places, both awful

2 teams we faced today Pompey & ourselves

Happy with a point due to all the possession we had, chances & the ball falling the wrong side of a Boro player in the box

Blott

I can't think of a bad performance.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: erimus74 on August 24, 2024, 02:47:52 PMMy concern is regardinv Dijksteel, shouldnt have been dropped v Derby, especially after a MOTM performce a goal & should have been an assist too, he'll feel he's only getting his game due to injuries, not ideal for a players mond no knowing no matfer how he performs as soon as players are fit hes dropped

I thought he was our best player in the 1st half. No problem with him at all today.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

ZiEgE

Azaz did play in some good passes, just like Dan Badpasser does. But he's got no composure in or around the box. He certainly not a natural goal scorer.

In this system, we need 10 to 15 goals from the #10 and he ain't gonna get em - I hope he proves me wrong.

Ayton Mews

Quote from: ZiEgE on August 24, 2024, 07:10:42 PMIn this system, we need 10 to 15 goals from the #10 and he ain't gonna get em - I hope he proves me wrong.

He scored 11 and assisted 10 last season

Blott

Quote from: Ayton Mews on August 24, 2024, 07:30:45 PM
Quote from: ZiEgE on August 24, 2024, 07:10:42 PMIn this system, we need 10 to 15 goals from the #10 and he ain't gonna get em - I hope he proves me wrong.

He scored 11 and assisted 10 last season

that's brilliant.

erimus74

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 24, 2024, 07:06:32 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on August 24, 2024, 02:47:52 PMMy concern is regardinv Dijksteel, shouldnt have been dropped v Derby, especially after a MOTM performce a goal & should have been an assist too, he'll feel he's only getting his game due to injuries, not ideal for a players mond no knowing no matfer how he performs as soon as players are fit hes dropped

I thought he was our best player in the 1st half. No problem with him at all today.

Agree

Thought he had a very good game, think he set up Jones for the resulting penalty, which again asks the question, if everyones fit does he start?

For me MC cant keep dropping him when he's performed really well, to then give him 5 minutes here & there

erimus74

Well to me & I maybe wrong here, but I got the feeling their keeper played the ref & stayed down after we scored to try & break up our flow, we'd banged on the door & finally got out just rewards

Could be part of their managers tactics hto say such in his team talking for the keeper to fake an injury to frustrate the opposition & fans, he certainly looked ok to me when play restarted & why did he remove his top, in the end because of his antics he was finally booked & then warned

Ayton Mews

Quote from: erimus74 on August 24, 2024, 07:56:27 PMWell to me & I maybe wrong here, but I got the feeling their keeper played the ref & stayed down after we scored to try & break up our flow, we'd banged on the door & finally got out just rewards

Could be part of their managers tactics hto say such in his team talking for the keeper to fake an injury to frustrate the opposition & fans, he certainly looked ok to me when play restarted & why did he remove his top, in the end because of his antics he was finally booked & then warned

100% their keeper did after our 1st goal. I was right behind it and he had a tiny graze on his elbow 🙄

Teams know you can waste loads more time with your keeper going down injured rather than an outfield player

Clem Fandango

They wasted time and got away with fouls throughout the game.  I can't recall a keeper getting sent off after getting two yellow cards for time wasting but their guy today should have been.

Ayton Mews

On about the 70 min mark the ref brought their captain over when he was talking to the keeper again.

Pretty sure it'll have been; "fair warning - next time he time wastes it's a second yellow and he's off"

Clem Fandango

Quote from: Ayton Mews on August 24, 2024, 08:11:21 PMOn about the 70 min mark the ref brought their captain over when he was talking to the keeper again.

Pretty sure it'll have been; "fair warning - next time he time wastes it's a second yellow and he's off"
That's exactly what was going on and why I said what I did above.  You could see it clearly on the TV.  He'd already been booked for it - isn't that already a fair warning?  Why fanny about giving him more warnings?

erimus74

Quote from: Ayton Mews on August 24, 2024, 08:05:18 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on August 24, 2024, 07:56:27 PMWell to me & I maybe wrong here, but I got the feeling their keeper played the ref & stayed down after we scored to try & break up our flow, we'd banged on the door & finally got out just rewards

100% their keeper did after our 1st goal. I was right behind it and he had a tiny graze on his elbow 🙄

Teams know you can waste loads more time with your keeper going down injured rather than an outfield player

Thought as much, when I looked across at the replay, thinking he'd dived in to the post, realised he hadn't & thought well, whats he done to cause such a delay then he took his top off I was expected a change of keeper & said to my son in law, I cant see anyone coming on

The ref was poor & should have clamped down on his antics sooner than he did
Horrible team whose tactics are to frustrate teams will hopefully pay the penalty as teams are aware of their game plan