Boro v Portsmouth match thread

Started by erimus74, August 22, 2024, 09:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

erimus74

Another Boro Pompey blast from the past

FAC 3rd round replay with Boro winning 3-0 goalscorers, David Armstrong,Terry Cochrane & Craig Johnston

C'mon Boro!

Nosmo-King

Morning Erimus, great football thread on here - makes a change. Remember quite vividly some of the covers from the past

Heart says a win today, head says a draw. No easy game is this. They have secured a couple of points against decent opposition.

On another note, hope the book sales are going well, pal.You certainly deserve decent sales.

spottygiraffe (Moderator)

I'm going 2-1 the mighty Boro

erimus74

Quote from: Nosmo-King on August 24, 2024, 09:28:45 AMMorning Erimus, great football thread on here - makes a change. Remember quite vividly some of the covers from the past

Heart says a win today, head says a draw. No easy game is this. They have secured a couple of points against decent opposition.

On another note, hope the book sales are going well, pal.You certainly deserve decent sales.

Morning Nosmo-king & cheers for that

ZiEgE

Portsmouth will need to have a perfect defensive display to get anything today.

An early Boro goal would be ideal

Francks left peg

Great thread as always @erimus74 and glad you are writing them again...2-0 to Boro today Latte Lath and Hackney!

erimus74

Quote from: Francks left peg on August 24, 2024, 09:52:10 AMGreat thread as always @erimus74 and glad you are writing them again...2-0 to Boro today Latte Lath and Hackney!

Cheers Franks, 👍

newyddion

I'm feeling a bit weird about this one.. funny time of year. They have a great defensive record, they do well on the road and they took Leeds to a 3-3 draw straight out of the blocks.

Hmm.. 1-0 boro.. cautious win.. first half outside of the box banger.

Gingerpig

ZiEgE

Quote from: newyddion on August 24, 2024, 10:57:08 AMI'm feeling a bit weird about this one.. funny time of year. They have a great defensive record, they do well on the road and they took Leeds to a 3-3 draw straight out of the blocks.

That's a bit contradictory isn't it? Great defensive record, but conceded 3 in their last game.

They were strong defensively last season though, so I take your point.

newyddion

Quote from: ZiEgE on August 24, 2024, 01:16:36 PM
Quote from: newyddion on August 24, 2024, 10:57:08 AMI'm feeling a bit weird about this one.. funny time of year. They have a great defensive record, they do well on the road and they took Leeds to a 3-3 draw straight out of the blocks.

That's a bit contradictory isn't it? Great defensive record, but conceded 3 in their last game.

They were strong defensively last season though, so I take your point.

Yeah.. fucked it.

Just feels like one of those potential banana skin games.

erimus74

Traditional kick Cmon Boro!

erimus74

My concern is regardinv Dijksteel, shouldnt have been dropped v Derby, especially after a MOTM performce a goal & should have been an assist too, he'll feel he's only getting his game due to injuries, not ideal for a players mond no knowing no matfer how he performs as soon as players are fit hes dropped

teamboro

TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Clem Fandango

teamboro

Clem Fandango

teamboro

WTF defence and Dieng 1-2

2 easy fucking goals

Steboro

Absolutely dreadful defending and communication.

:rudi2:

Kippers

Clem Fandango

Keystone Kops defending today - and a gift if a goal last week. 

Come on Boro switch yer fucking brains on.

:leo3:

Clem Fandango

- Comedy defending
- Poor finishing

:carrick3:

teamboro

Shit defence pathetic both goals especially Dieng