QPR v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, March 08, 2024, 08:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Finally, we recorded our first league home win of 2024 with a 3-1 win over Norwich on Wednesday, can we now win our first back-to-back league wins since mid to late December when we won at Swansea then at home against West Brom
We started off poor, went behnd, got a break with the red card & from then on, we controlled the game, equalised, went ahead. Hopefully it's the wake up we need, or another one, after the Leicester win, let's make the win count for something this time

QPR won 2-0 at the Riverside in the first week of September, which was our 3rd home straight defeat of the season & our 6th game of the season, drawing one & losing the rest, after that we went on a 6 league game winning run, then, till now our form has been up & down, with no consistency at all 

There are rumours circulating that Michael Carrick, who has gone on record to say he loves it at the Boro, that the club are in the process of offering him an extension to his contract that runs out summer of 2025. I really hope Carrick proves his worth & stays at the club, but he has to show he is the one to turn this awful league season around, starting at QPR. If, as we start to welcome our long term injured players back into the fold & we can come out of this awful run with an unbeaten run, then maybe he can sign the extension & with a war chest in the summer look forward to bringing in proven Championship players & have a real go at promotion, if we're out of sorts tomorrow with another no show & suffer another loss then is he the man to take us forward 

Our record at Loftus road is against Carrick, not the best of records away to QPR, it took us until 2009 to record our first win at their ground & then another 2 wins, fingers crossed on Saturday we'll see 4 away wins

11th January 1947 - FAC 3rd round - our 1st ever visit to Loftus road, Micky Fenton scored our goal in a 1-1 draw
Our away record at QPR is as follows 
Won - 3
Drew - 14
Lost - 11
Goals scored - 33
Goals against - 59

18th March 1972  Pat Lynch - We signed Pat from Cliftonville in June 1970, was the 1st Boro player to make a sub appearance then never feature again for the Boro when he replaced David Mills late in the 2nd half in our 1-0 defeat away to QPR on the . Pat Lynch moved to Kidderminster harriers

2nd January 1982 - Bobby Thomson made history when he became the 1st player to score an FAC goal on QPR's artificial pitch when on the 2nd January he put the mighty Boro one up after 11 minutes, the game finished 1-1

We had to wait till the 5th December 2009 to record our 1st ever victory at Loftus Road when Gordon Stracham's Boro won 5-1

Boro debuts/final Boro game v QPR

1/5/1971 – Registered No477 - Hugh McIlmoyle made his last appearance before moving to Preston North End in July drew 1-1
18/2/1972 – Registered No487 - Pat Lynch made his debut lost 1-0
1/4/1978 – Registered No515 - Alan Walsh made his debut after signing from Horden Colliery lost 1-0
19/9/1992 – Registered No623 - Brian Horne our 49th goalkeeper & 16th loaned player, 1st sub keeper, made his final appearance before returning to Millwall after loan period expired drew 3-3
11/9/2010 – Registered No806 - Mikael Tavaras our 48th loaned player - Loaned from Hamburg - 26th at the Riverside, made his debut lost 3-0
26/9/2020 – Registered No942 - Chubba Akpom scoring debut 1-1

Away penalties v QPR

18/1/1982 - Bobby Thomson became the clubs 47th different penalty goalscorer when scored the 1st FAC penalty on QPR's synthetic pitch – our 14th FAC penalty & 80th in total – drew 1-1
5/3/1983 - Mick Kennedy became the clubs 51st different penalty goalscorer when scored our 82nd away penalty – lost 6-1
5/12/2009 – Leroy Lita became the clubs 82nd different penalty goalscorer when he scored our 113th away penalty – won 5-1

Some players who played for Boro & QPR

Sony Dieng
Dave Thomas
Don Masson
John O'Rourke
Albert Adomah
Emmaunel Ledesma

Neil Warnock has managed both teams

Bruce Rioch manager of the Boro & later assistant manager at QPR under Stewart Houston

IIRC, we've never loaned a player from QPR

Please no individual spats on this match thread

UTMB

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

HOOPS 3 BORO 1

NORMAL SERVICE RESUMED....WE HAVE A SHIT RECORD AT LOFTUS ROAD...BEEN THERE 3 TIMES AND LOST EVERYONE OF EM......

I SUPPOSE ONE DAY WE MIGHT WIN ONE 😉
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on March 08, 2024, 09:28:46 PMHOOPS 3 BORO 1

NORMAL SERVICE RESUMED....WE HAVE A SHIT RECORD AT LOFTUS ROAD...BEEN THERE 3 TIMES AND LOST EVERYONE OF EM......

I SUPPOSE ONE DAY WE MIGHT WIN ONE 😉

Tomorrow's the one Lids 👌

Nosmo-King

Bit of a bogey team and ground for us. Hope rather than expectation 1-1

teamboro

Excellent write up Erimus

We were poor before the sending off on Wednesday hopefully we aren't papering over the cracks

QPR 2-0 Mighty Reds
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

SOMEONE RECKONS THIS IS TODAYS TEAM..
NO WAY WILL CARRICK PLAY 2 UP FRONT..
🙄🙄🙄

FB-IMG-1709968309206" border="0
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TeessideTopgun

Two wins on the trot will do wonders for confidence,fingers crossed 2-0 to The Mighty Boro

TeessideTopgun

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on March 09, 2024, 07:20:39 AMSOMEONE RECKONS THIS IS TODAYS TEAM..
NO WAY WILL CARRICK PLAY 2 UP FRONT..
🙄🙄🙄

FB-IMG-1709968309206" border="0

Hopefully QPR think exactly that

erimus74

Quote from: teamboro on March 09, 2024, 07:00:18 AMExcellent write up Erimus

We were poor before the sending off on Wednesday hopefully we aren't papering over the cracks

QPR 2-0 Mighty Reds

Cheers teamboro, fingers crossed 🤞

erimus74

Quote from: Nosmo-King on March 09, 2024, 12:28:26 AMBit of a bogey team and ground for us. Hope rather than expectation 1-1

Yes agree Nosmo-king, not the best of grounds, im going for a 3-1 win

Redsteel (Moderator)

erimus74

Remember the days when a player would return to his former club after his transfer & be made captain for the say, should give it to Dieng

borope

On the train now. Packed with Boro. 👍

erimus74

Quote from: borope on March 09, 2024, 08:55:17 AMOn the train now. Packed with Boro. 👍

Safe journey borope, see the support is still there 👍

borope

Quote from: erimus74 on March 09, 2024, 08:58:37 AM
Quote from: borope on March 09, 2024, 08:55:17 AMOn the train now. Packed with Boro. 👍

Cheers going to be about 2500 I think. First trip to Loftus Road for me and my son.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: borope on March 09, 2024, 09:00:59 AM
Quote from: erimus74 on March 09, 2024, 08:58:37 AM

Cheers going to be about 2500 I think. First trip to Loftus Road for me and my son.

ALWAYS A GOOD CROWD THERE....WAS THERE 4 YEARS BACK...BORO END SOLD OUT....BUT IT FUCKING LASHED DOWN ALL DAY....GOT FUCKING DRENCHED AND WE LOST 😡
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Johnny Thunder

Westlane_rightwinger

White City next door reeks of dope.

Went when we got thrashed and Andy Townsend who I never liked got himself sent off.

They are much improved lately but we experienced the joys of a win midweek. Hope the side Lids put up is right. Never change a winning team.

2 - 2

erimus74

Sony Finch on the bench?

AtomicDog

Might just squeeze this one Mr Erimus

0-14

🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

Francks left peg

RiversideRifle

0-3 boro today 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍