WHAT DID

Started by BoroRedKen, February 28, 2024, 03:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollyboro

Quote from: Blott on February 29, 2024, 07:08:45 PMBecause the all are. Good grief you have a lot to learn.

Apologies. I forgot that any female in any position of strength or authority is by definition a feminist. Like Margaret Thatcher, for example. Much like any black bloke in an any position of strength or authority is a Black Panther. Which must come as a hell of a shock to James Cleverly.

Blott

You are learning quickly. Now it's onto COVID, it didn't happen it's all a conspiracy. Give it a few weeks and we can move into the flat earth.

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 01:20:15 PMOwned by a Tory donor and Brexit zealot with a roster consisting of assorted Tory failures.

Sir Paul Marshall has donated £500k to the Tories
He previously donated £200k to the Lib Dems. He worked for Charles Kennedy and also stood for parliament as an SDP/ Liberal candidate.
He donated £100k to the Leave campaign before the Brexit referendum.

He owns a minority share in GB News.

The majority share holder is Legatum, a global investment company based in Dubai. Have a look at what they do, they're a lot "cleaner" than the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who donate $millions to mainstream media outlets across the globe including over £21million to the BBC. I wonder what sort of coverage Bill expects for that.

Ollyboro

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on March 01, 2024, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 01:20:15 PMOwned by a Tory donor and Brexit zealot with a roster consisting of assorted Tory failures.

Sir Paul Marshall has donated £500k to the Tories
He previously donated £200k to the Lib Dems. He worked for Charles Kennedy and also stood for parliament as an SDP/ Liberal candidate.
He donated £100k to the Leave campaign before the Brexit referendum.

He owns a minority share in GB News.

The majority share holder is Legatum, a global investment company based in Dubai. Have a look at what they do, they're a lot "cleaner" than the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who donate $millions to mainstream media outlets across the globe including over £21million to the BBC. I wonder what sort of coverage Bill expects for that.

If we're playing the Whataboutery game, what about Richard Sharp becoming Chairman of the BBC? Someone who bunged the Conservatives £400k. Someone who chaired a rightwing think tank. Sunak's ex-boss at Goldman Sachs. A bloke who helped sort Johnson out with £800k. Was he an example of left wing bias at the Beeb? The BBC is the establishment; always has been. You just need to see its wall to wall fawning of the Royals if you want more proof.

TerryCochranesSocks

I wasn't playing the whataboutery game
I was only giving you some facts about the part owner of GB News.

rutters

Quote from: Blott on February 29, 2024, 06:20:11 PM
Quote from: rutters on February 29, 2024, 06:17:35 PM
Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 05:30:46 PMI'm sorry, but anybody who witnessed Laura Kuenssberg's fawning around Johnson and her twisting of Corbyn's words during the last election campaign and still thinks the BBC is biased towards Labour is a stone cold idiot.
kuenssberg is a feminist, as are all BBC political  presenters.
Feminism is a leftist, intersectional political movement.
The BBC has a Charter stipulating political neutrality.

You think they are biased, the left think they are biased, I think they have it about right.
My question is what is it the left see as biased?
The contemporary Left just see the value of victimhood so feign bias.

rutters

Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 06:37:26 PM
Quote from: rutters on February 29, 2024, 06:17:35 PM
Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 05:30:46 PMI'm sorry, but anybody who witnessed Laura Kuenssberg's fawning around Johnson and her twisting of Corbyn's words during the last election campaign and still thinks the BBC is biased towards Labour is a stone cold idiot.
kuenssberg is a feminist, as are all BBC political  presenters.
Feminism is a leftist, intersectional political movement.
The BBC has a Charter stipulating political neutrality.

Why do you think Kuenssberg is a feminist?
Because she works for the BBC and if you don't buy into the DEI dogma, you don't.

Blott

That is the circle complete. Try and beat that one.

You know they are left because they work for the BBC.

rutters

My point was that if you don't buy into DEI then you're not welcome at the BBC.
It's quite a linear notion if you think about it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/29/bbc-staff-hire-candidates-dismissive-diversity-inclusion/

Blott

Why would anyone be dismissive of it? Surely employing people based on ability, experience and talent is right. It should not matter if you are Black, White, Gay, Female or male.

rutters

Totally agree but DEI is the very raison d'etre of the BBC and TLP.

It's why I personally wouldn't pay the Licence Fee and why I left the party.