WHAT DID

Started by BoroRedKen, February 28, 2024, 03:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoroRedKen

TerryCochranesSocks

They only used white ice.

Ollyboro

93 complaints about GB News. Has to be a record, no? I don't think 100% of a show's viewership have complained before.

BoroRedKen

Another GB News "basher".

Got to love 'em.

:alf:

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Ollyboro on February 28, 2024, 03:39:30 PM93 complaints about GB News. Has to be a record, no? I don't think 100% of a show's viewership have complained before.

8 million viewers.

"According to Press Gazette's monthly top-50 ranking, GB News was the twentieth biggest news website in the UK in November with an audience of eight million or 16% of the population. This compares to Sky News in seventh place with 17.1 million and a 34% reach"

Not bad for a new channel.
It's being targeted by leftie fuckwits because they recognise the danger of a channel that actually allows debate from all sides of an issue.

Blott

I think it's right to have a Right wing channel, good luck to it.

The BBC is hated by the Left and Right so is getting it about right.

I can't see a station of the Left, but who would watch it anyway, it would bore people to death.

I might even turn it on one day.

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on February 29, 2024, 09:18:49 AMI think it's right to have a Right wing channel, good luck to it.

The BBC is hated by the Left and Right so is getting it about right.

I can't see a station of the Left, but who would watch it anyway, it would bore people to death.

I might even turn it on one day.

It really isn't a right wing channel.
It pulls in opinions from all sides, it has guests and panellists from all sides, regular very left of centre participants. The rest of the MSM are doing their level best to encourage the dismissal of it as "far right" and I suspect that is because it exposes their own obvious bias.

Example - this morning there was a discussion about the security expenditure being proposed for MPs and the only politician interviewed was a Labour MP. His points were stated without opposition, he answered the questions in the way you'd expect him to ("threat of far right extremists" rather than any other extremists) and he did so without challenge. This is a regular occurrence on GB News, the idea that the viewers can make up their own minds.

AtomicDog

Sounds a bit like here v FMTTM Tex Lad

🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

Ollyboro

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on February 29, 2024, 09:04:39 AM
Quote from: Ollyboro on February 28, 2024, 03:39:30 PM93 complaints about GB News. Has to be a record, no? I don't think 100% of a show's viewership have complained before.

8 million viewers.

"According to Press Gazette's monthly top-50 ranking, GB News was the twentieth biggest news website in the UK in November with an audience of eight million or 16% of the population. This compares to Sky News in seventh place with 17.1 million and a 34% reach"

It's being targeted by leftie fuckwits because they recognise the danger of a channel that actually allows debate from all sides of an issue.

Owned by a Tory donor and Brexit zealot with a roster consisting of assorted Tory failures.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 01:20:15 PM

8 million viewers.

Owned by a Tory donor and Brexit zealot with a roster consisting of assorted Tory failures.

Let me guess....

You listen to the Dave Lammy channel?....LBC?.....

AtomicDog

We prefer dancing on E or Wiz . . .

Ice is too mongy

🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

rutters

Dancing On Ice had male strippers on before the watershed

rutters

Why would the left hate the BBC?

Blott

Quote from: rutters on February 29, 2024, 04:33:50 PMWhy would the left hate the BBC?
why should the Right? They both do.

My opinion is that the far left and far right are the same, they despise: parliament, police, BBC, the press, always blame others.

Ollyboro

Ollyboro

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on February 29, 2024, 01:23:28 PM
Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 01:20:15 PM

8 million viewers.

Let me guess....

You listen to the Dave Lammy channel?....LBC?.....

Shit guess that, mate.

rutters

Quote from: Blott on February 29, 2024, 04:40:31 PM
Quote from: rutters on February 29, 2024, 04:33:50 PMWhy would the left hate the BBC?

My opinion is that the far left and far right are the same, they despise: parliament, police, BBC, the press, always blame others.
The right hate the BBC because it has adopted identitarian, grievance politics, diversity quotas and equity targets... just as the political left have.
So why would the left hate the BBC?

Blott

Quote from: rutters on February 29, 2024, 05:17:56 PM

The right hate the BBC because it has adopted identitarian, grievance politics, diversity quotas and equity targets... just as the political left have.
because they seem it as rightwing, white management, run by Eton and other senior public schools.

I think it has the right balance I dislike and like in equal measure. I don't mind diversity and equality targets, seems fair enough to me. However there should never be adverts that say 'this job is only open to ....'

Ollyboro

I'm sorry, but anybody who witnessed Laura Kuenssberg's fawning around Johnson and her twisting of Corbyn's words during the last election campaign and still thinks the BBC is biased towards Labour is a stone cold idiot.

Blott

Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 05:30:46 PMI'm sorry, but anybody who witnessed Laura Kuenssberg's fawning around Johnson and her twisting of Corbyn's words during the last election campaign and still thinks the BBC is biased towards Labour is a stone cold idiot.
you are far more eloquent than me.

rutters

Quote from: Blott on February 29, 2024, 05:23:43 PM
Quote from: rutters on February 29, 2024, 05:17:56 PM

because they seem it as rightwing, white management, run by Eton and other senior public schools.

I think it has the right balance I dislike and like in equal measure. I don't mind diversity and equality targets, seems fair enough to me. However there should never be adverts that say 'this job is only open to ....'
but why do they see it as 'right-wing'? Why don't they like white people or educated people?
Why promote diversity instead of the best candidate? Won't that self-evidently lower standards?

'Equity' is not 'equality'.

rutters

Quote from: Ollyboro on February 29, 2024, 05:30:46 PMI'm sorry, but anybody who witnessed Laura Kuenssberg's fawning around Johnson and her twisting of Corbyn's words during the last election campaign and still thinks the BBC is biased towards Labour is a stone cold idiot.
kuenssberg is a feminist, as are all BBC political  presenters.
Feminism is a leftist, intersectional political movement.
The BBC has a Charter stipulating political neutrality.

Blott

Quote from: rutters on February 29, 2024, 06:17:35 PM

You think they are biased, the left think they are biased, I think they have it about right.

Ollyboro

Quote from: rutters on February 29, 2024, 06:17:35 PM

Why do you think Kuenssberg is a feminist?

Blott

Because the all are. Good grief you have a lot to learn.