Chelsea v Boro semi final 2nd leg match thread

Started by erimus74, January 23, 2024, 11:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamboro

Don't like to say this Howson having a mare in this hybrid defender/midfielder roll
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

teamboro

Kippers

So is Clarke.  Fuck me, stop this pissing about and get it launched

Kippers

That was a gift.
Jesus Christ, this pissing about at the back is killing us.

teamboro

Chelsea going on a rampage silly mistakes costing us

AtomicDog

Quote from: Kippers on January 23, 2024, 08:44:18 PMThat was a gift.
Jesus Christ, this pissing about at the back is killing us.

And that is our forte why the fuck we persist in it?
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

teamboro

Kippers

We are very shakey with Clarke in there, he is so readable Im surprised its only 4.
Need Dijksteel on and Rav along side Fry at half time.
  Might as well shove Coburn on as a target for the goalie to launch it to.

AtomicDog

Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

Steboro

It was a good run is all I can say

Onwards to next season.

erimus74

As dominant as Chelsea have been we've contributed to 4 goals

Blott

I still wish I had been there. Nowt better than a good day out.

I am not even disappointed, a great cup run then a bad result.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Blott on January 23, 2024, 09:57:55 PMI still wish I had been there. Nowt better than a good day out.

I am not even disappointed, a great cup run then a bad result.

Its not the winning but the taking part that counts, eh.  :youfuckinserious:
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Blott

Not quite, enjoyed the run we had, happy to be only 3 points off the play offs, a young team, a good manager and not owned by a Saudi.

This will sound ridiculous but when we won the cup it took a little bit out of me as a Boro fan. It is and always will be a pinochle. Trying was the fun.

Saying that nothing will ever beat Ostrava away.

Eastcoastred

Beat in all departments
Men against boys,, hey ho onwards and upwards

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

That ones on Carrick I'm afraid

He could have played McNair and Clarke either side of Fry (shite again) with two wing backs

Howson would have been in his normal position kicking the arses of Barlaser (shite again) and Hackney (out of your depth son)

Wouldn't have been so easy for the rent boys

Move on

Bud Wiser

We'll never know if Carrick would've reverted to a back 3 if Jones had been fit, but replicating the formation that laboured against soon-to-be-relegated Rotherham was always going to be a recipe for disaster.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Smoggers51

If the Cup was won by supporters we would've won. I'm hoarse , what a night and our supporters outsang Chelsea all game. Still proud to be a Smoggie and Boro Lad. Our time will come !! UTMB !!!

erimus74

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on January 23, 2024, 10:10:40 PMThat ones on Carrick I'm afraid

He could have played McNair and Clarke either side of Fry (shite again) with two wing backs

Howson would have been in his normal position kicking the arses of Barlaser (shite again) and Hackney (out of your depth son)

Wouldn't have been so easy for the rent boys

Move on

I was loooking forward to seeing how Hackney stands up, from the 1st few minutes that he got infront of Crooks I think within the 1st few minutes & the move broke down, he didnt improve much after that, including the awful ball back to Barlasar leadingvto their 4th goal

tunstall

Once Chelsea settled and started to play, we were fucked

Sky's coverage made me nauseous

UTB

BoroRedKen

You all gave me pelters over the Aston Villa result.

Now we had to watch that performance last night.

The gulf between us and the premiership is massive. All this stuff about promotion needs to be tempered because the improvements needed we simply could not afford or even get.

Take away the cup factor and last night was abject. Me and Rich both said we had a feeling it was going to be a 4-0 niller at least.

If Howson is a "comfortable" CD then im a Dutchman.

teamboro

Ken I said during the first half Howson was having a mare in the roll he was given causing a lot of problems in the defence by his actions our defence has been weak for a while not just this season only now and again have we tightened up there last night was a lesson

Smoggers51

Last night was a disaster tactics wise , playing out from the back with the sort of ball players have didn't work. We were slow taking up our man marking but let's hope Carrick learns from this.We have a free Saturday this week so rest the lads and come blazing out on 4th Feb. "EVERYWHERE WE GO EVERYONE WILL KNOW WE ARE MIDDLESBROUGH "Proud to be a Smoggie !! UTMB !!!

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on January 23, 2024, 10:05:59 PMNot quite, enjoyed the run we had, happy to be only 3 points off the play offs, a young team, a good manager and not owned by a Saudi.

This will sound ridiculous but when we won the cup it took a little bit out of me as a Boro fan. It is and always will be a pinochle. Trying was the fun.

Saying that nothing will ever beat Ostrava away.

Agreed.

(It's pinnacle though)

In With the Lurpak

Agreed.

(It's pinnacle though)    :sid:  :sid:  :sid:  :sid:  :youfuckinserious:  :wry:

Love Terry's crack proper gives me a chuckle ..  :sid:

I gotta go face a night shift tonight along side a sniggering Mackem  :rav:  :redcard:

Pretty obvious they were going to twat us like I said yesterday Bookie odds in 2 horse race them 1/5 odds on Boro 12/1 say's it all.

Also pretty obvious Kim Jong running the show is as much use as a chocolate kettle he can't even compete in the championship money wise them thrashings would be regular if the Boro did manage to get up .

Always said playing the decent teams in the champo knock all this playing it out from the keeper shit on the head you can bank on it within 5 passes they get caught out and in trouble around the box to try that tactic against Chelsea with world class players was madness :rav: 

Only competition left now realistically is who will go up first or get relegated first out of Boro & Sunderland . 

Just a few weeks ago.. why do they do it  :unbelievable:

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on January 06, 2024, 05:09:58 PMIf they make the mistake tonight of trying to play it out from the keeper they are gonna end up sweating like Mark Page at wet n wild ..

Go back to the old days play it long from the keeper shift everyone up field and give it a go .