Boro v Plymouth match thread

Started by erimus74, November 02, 2023, 06:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

STARTED WELL...THEN THE DEFENDING TURNED TO SHIT  :rav:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Sir Digby

Can still do this, come out fighting, 2 goals in the second.
First goal was particularly bad defending

Sir Digby

Some people shouldn't be allowed to text in to Tees at half-time.

Come on Boro

Keanu_Reeves

We've been tortured down both flanks - our fullbacks just aren't very good defensively, in fact Van Den Berg is not a full back, he's a centre back and it's showing. Having said that Greenwood and Jones aren't giving much support - Jones didn't track back at all for the first and  Berg just let the lad have a free shot for the second. Disappointing after going ahead. Glover for Greenwood, Bangura for Engle, and Djiksteele for Berg second half please.

Bud Wiser

The usual entertain at all costs football. Shocking defending down the flanks, Crooks booked as usual. Guaranteed no changes at HT.

Eat-sleep-repeat...

SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Blott

Blott

Quote from: Bud Wiser on November 04, 2023, 04:05:55 PMThe usual entertain at all costs football. Shocking defending down the flanks, Crooks booked as usual. Guaranteed no changes at HT.

Eat-sleep-repeat...

you must be really peed off now.

teamboro

2-3 Greenwood and Coburn penalty rebound 💪💪💪💪💪
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

teamboro

Blott

teamboro

Blott

Great point, onwards and upwards. Still only a few points away from the top 6 after a dreadful start.

erimus74

Missed all but the final 5 minutes of the 2nd half, weather conditions looked awful

Coburns free kick & their 3rd goal wetecawful to watch, he cant take another one, on the plus side he got a couple of goals to his name, he's learning & will do eell for us, keep doing what youte doing Josh & you'll be fine

2-1 down to leading 3-2 great commitment, 👍

erimus74

Happy with the way we're going, unbeaten in 2 games, through to the QFs of the league cup & 4 points off a playoff place, another, hopefully, good season

Keanu_Reeves

Hard done by there - their lad should have been off, he was last man, although it probably was just outside the penalty area to be fair. He still should have received a red though

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: erimus74 on November 04, 2023, 05:19:50 PMHappy with the way we're going, unbeaten in 2 games, through to the QFs of the league cup & 4 points off a playoff place, another, hopefully, good season

I'm very not happy - our defensive issues have loomed large in all of the last three games

We should not be shipping goals like we are

Do the same against Leicester and we'll be battered

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WATCHED THE GAME...WE SHOULD HAVE WON IT BUT I'LL SETTLE FOR A POINT...BRING ON THE FOXES 🦊🦊🦊💪💪💪🍺🍺🍺
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

RiversideRifle

UTB

erimus74

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on November 04, 2023, 05:24:33 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on November 04, 2023, 05:19:50 PMHappy with the way we're going, unbeaten in 2 games, through to the QFs of the league cup & 4 points off a playoff place, another, hopefully, good season

I'm very not happy - our defensive issues have loomed large in all of the last three games

We should not be shipping goals like we are

Do the same against Leicester and we'll be battered

Our defencive issues have been ongoing long before Carrick came in, scoring goals aplenty hid our fragile defence, hope we can defend better next saturday

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

SHOULD HAVE HAD ANOTHER PENNA AS IT WAS IN THE BOX NOT OUTSIDE 😡

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Keanu_Reeves

Yep it's two points dropped but with defending like that it's hard to win a game. We were well on top for most of that second half - if the ref sends their lad off and gives a pen it's game over, but we only have ourselves to blame really for not taking a plethora of chances and defending like statues 🤷🏼�♂️

Francks left peg

The best teams don't lose even when it's all going against them. Hopefully that applies to the Boro
Difficult week really. Even though Exeter are in a lower division still a hard game to get to the semis. Rounded off with another flight down south and two games in a week.

UTB

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Keanu_Reeves on November 04, 2023, 06:10:17 PMYep it's two points dropped but with defending like that it's hard to win a game. We were well on top for most of that second half - if the ref sends their lad off and gives a pen it's game over, but we only have ourselves to blame really for not taking a plethora of chances and defending like statues 🤷🏼�♂️

It wasn't just the defending that cost us 2 points. Carrick near replicated the same ineffective sustitutions of Coburn & Crooks for Latte-Lath & Rodgers from last weeks Stoke loss which, imo, made us weaker up front - especially Coburn who after scoring twice and holding the ball up well was having an excellent game.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

tunstall

Good away point that

Happy with the attitude and the fight we showed, chuffed for Coburn

Plymouth are a good footballing side

UTB

erimus74

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/23902261.middlesbrough-ratings-plymouth-josh-coburn-boros-best/?fbclid=IwAR1Z5laAHzpXO8ft1qs1p-n3per0uCK6MxEaU6zRcMZIOmcy7Obimpcy34U
Quote from: tunstall on November 04, 2023, 09:00:40 PMGood away point that

Happy with the attitude and the fight we showed, chuffed for Coburn

Plymouth are a good footballing side

UTB

The 1st half I seen I thought theyvwete a tidy team, played some nice football & their No2 & 14 were a handful

We should havee capitilised when on top after taking the lead