Exeter v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, October 30, 2023, 05:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingerpig

job done on a night we were  average ....100% improvement 2nd half

Westlane_rightwinger

Quote from: Blott on October 31, 2023, 09:42:45 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 31, 2023, 08:45:14 PMIt was no coincidence that our fortunes turned when Scotts summer flops were withdrawn from the side. So no surprise that Silvera, Rogers, Latte-Lath & Bangura along with pass-to-the-opposition joker Barlaser have been dreadful.
Only Dijksteel could walk off that pitch with any credit.
on the other hand we are in the last 8.

When did we turn into Geordies?

FFS we have some miserable buggers.

He has a point. Only Dijksteel played well. Even Hackney by his own high standards was well off his best.

We are buying largely young and cheap with some potential. Some will be useful additions some not. MC had to take most out of the first team to enable our 6 game winning run.

Barlaser isn't young nor does he have potential. Stealing a living as footballer who was at fault for both their goals. He has little end product and I don't believe the waffle that he buys others time on the ball. Needs to be gone from the team, squad and club.

Easy to pretend it's all roses but we shipped 2 goals to a side a division below us and never looked in comfortable.

That said we got the job done in the end. UTFB!

Bud Wiser

Only a needlessly given away penalty ensured we edged past a team who've just been on a bigger losing streak than we were at the season start. Once again, inflexible, like-for-like substitutions and keeping the woeful Barlaser on throughout didn't help ease the pressure.

Leicester must be licking their lips in anticipation for next week.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Blott

We are in the last 8 and evidently we are shite.

We won, luckily.

The players are shite.

The scouting is shite.

The grass is shite.

There sorted the thread out.

Westlane_rightwinger

You've spoiled yourself there. No one mentioned the grass 🤥 . Although I've always thought being high as a kite has to be the best way to watch us.

erimus74

C'mom guys we won

I thought Rogers was going to be a long project, until the Sunderland game when he came on won possession & fed in Jones for our 3rd, against Birmingham he scored the winning goal, looked lively against Stoke, wasn't hard as most of the players played well below their standards & tonight, for me he, had a very good game & a cracking goal to boot

Silvers runs around a lot, he ballooned the ball in to orbit early in the 1st half, had a cracking effort at the back end of the half, scored a beauty goal but for me he's one who cant start yet, maybe in time he'll become a 1st team regular, but like Coburn still so raw, but going in the right direction

Don't think the keeper was at fault for either goal

Would it be the Boro if it were plain sailing

erimus74

Emanuel Latte Lath scored our 17th league cup penalty, excluding penalty shoot outs & our 139th away penalty 

tunstall

Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 31, 2023, 09:58:22 PMOnly a needlessly given away penalty ensured we edged past a team who've just been on a bigger losing streak than we were at the season start. Once again, inflexible, like-for-like substitutions and keeping the woeful Barlaser on throughout didn't help ease the pressure.

Leicester must be licking their lips in anticipation for next week.

:winston:

You just hate it when we win don't you?

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: erimus74 on October 31, 2023, 09:47:22 PMRogers MOTM for me

Made hard work of it but we're through to the 5th round for the 1st time since 2018

Credit to Exeter, they gave their all, an old fashioned cup tie

Gerrrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnn there Boro

I've been thinking Rogers could be a good replacement for Hackney if/when he leaves us

Energy /skill/physique/character all there

erimus74

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on October 31, 2023, 10:36:10 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on October 31, 2023, 09:47:22 PMRogers MOTM for me

Made hard work of it but we're through to the 5th round for the 1st time since 2018

Credit to Exeter, they gave their all, an old fashioned cup tie

Gerrrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnn there Boro

I've been thinking Rogers could be a good replacement for Hackney if/when he leaves us

Energy /skill/physique/character all there

He has so much energy & good foot work, he's scored some important goals for us too, confidence in him must be sky high

erimus74

Almost forgot, Bangura pinching the ball off the Exeter defender which fell to Rogers who took in his stride past his man & smashed a cracking equaliser past the stunned keeper

erimus74

Morgan Rogers has now scored in each of our 4 league cup wins

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

So he has - didnt realise

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WOULD LOVE VALE IN THE QUARTERS....2 OF MY GOOD MATES ARE BIG VALE FANS BORN IN BURSLEM 💪💪💪 :leo3:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TommyDickfingers

With a bit more urgency and accurate passing in the final third, the game would have been won by Boro ay halftime.

You could tell that Carrick had told them to up the tempo in the 2nd half and run at them more.

Also bearing in mind they scored a couple of wonder goals and we had quite a lot of decent chances.

Overall a good game to watch, a win in a tricky cup game and bouncing straight back from Saturday so a solid 7.5/10 for me.

Or is that too positive for the 'Twist on 21' lot on here ?

erimus74

Anyone understand how this table works, what each letter stands for?

tunstall

Decent miles per gallon that lad

Smoggers51

Thought last night was a great cuptie for a neutral to watch . Even though we went a goal behind I felt that we had enough in the tank to win the game. We showed tenacity and resilience against a lower league side who had nothing to lose. They harried and pushed us and there was some old fashioned blood and thunder tackles, but we rose to the occasion and contained them . Into the next round now UTMB !!!

tunstall

Balaser is so infuriating to watch

He does some good things, good runs, good touches and picks a pass.....

But he also surrenders possession so easily and wrecklessly some times and puts us under so much pressure....wasn't too bad last night as they were a lower league side so didn't punish us

erimus74

Quote from: Smoggers51 on November 01, 2023, 10:02:46 AMThought last night was a great cuptie for a neutral to watch . Even though we went a goal behind I felt that we had enough in the tank to win the game. We showed tenacity and resilience against a lower league side who had nothing to lose. They harried and pushed us and there was some old fashioned blood and thunder tackles, but we rose to the occasion and contained them . Into the next round now UTMB !!!

Great support from you lot Smoggers51, as usual mind

What time did you get home?

Smoggers51

Being retired Erimus a group of us stayed overnight and had a few beers now winding our way down the M5 .

erimus74

Quote from: Smoggers51 on November 01, 2023, 10:43:41 AMBeing retired Erimus a group of us stayed overnight and had a few beers now winding our way down the M5 .

Nice one, safe journey Smoggers 👍

tunstall

My mate got home at four o clock this morning

Westlane_rightwinger

Quote from: tunstall on November 01, 2023, 10:25:57 AMBalaser is so infuriating to watch

He does some good things, good runs, good touches and picks a pass.....

But he also surrenders possession so easily and wrecklessly some times and puts us under so much pressure....wasn't too bad last night as they were a lower league side so didn't punish us

Agree with most of that. Where he excels is giving the ball away under no pressure or misplaced passes that were neither difficult nor intended to hurt the opposition. He's a squad player who is only playing due to injuries and suspensions or that's what I like to tell myself. As you rightly point out it didn't cost us last night. It did cost us against a fairly ordinary Stoke side and that's the concern, can only see it happening again.

Unlike Silvera and Rogers, he has no effective end product. Silvera scored a very important goal midweek which we needed and as Erimus pointed out Rogers now has a good track record of goals and assists. They both give the ball away trying to go forward or pass forward, goes with the turf Barlaser gives the ball away without ever making an assist or contributing to an assist. His defensive play is truly shite and his physical weakness is exposed time and again.