Never got going there

Midfield were hibernating

Barlaser and Howson don't work together

Full backs were poor

Jones was wank

Poor day for us

Fair play to Stoke, they played well and were much smarter than us

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Barlaser clearly hides behind Hackney a lot - disappeared for their goal (near post was his job) and generally useless

Howson should be break glass emergency now

Dieng might have done better for the first

Engel back to being poor again

They all looked a yard off the pace

Stoke not much better but took two chances - we didnt take ours

Thats it - on to Exeter

Bud Wiser

We ran out of luck and fit players. As simple as that. Shit happens.

All credit to Stoke though, they nullified our tippy-tappy passing game from minute one with their high-press. So how did our manager counter this? By keeping the same formation throughout, of course! Stoke's manager & players must've thought all their christmases had come at once by this - coupled with Carrick's decision to to withdraw our only tall attacking players, effectively making us ineffective from corners/set-pieces for the rest of the game. 
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

rutters

I don't blame MC for trying to keep the formation as stable as possible after such a run but by half-time he should have seen it wouldn't work against a team drilled to counteract it.

Howson and Barlaser are too leaden-footed to pick a way through without HH so personally I would have left Josh on but added Latte Lath.

I would have withdrawn Barlaser to play a quarter-back role giving him more time to either slide diagonals for LL, feed Isiah and Lucas or even to lump balls up to Josh for LL to feed off.

erimus74

1st off Crooks was my MOTM

We seemed to be lacklustre from kickoff, whether it was down to Hackney missing, who for me is so important stopping the opposition, starting moves etc, such a vital player, or if so many 1st team players were missing added to the slow start, poor passing, maybe both

After the run we've been on it was expected we'd hit a wall, even when the rare odd chances fell to us we sort of missed the opportunity to capilise

Dieng, for me still, cant be faulted for any goals we've conceded, the free header from the corner was a poor goal to concede but it was slowly building up to that for me, the hard a couple of snap shot chances, then the 2nd from our attack breaking down & within 20 seconds in the back of the net & game over

We huffed & puffed in the 2nd half, to slow & ponderous, thats not an attack on the team as I think it was a one off & the bigger picture we're a team on the up, these results will happen through the season

Keanu_Reeves

Think Alex Neil outsmarted Carrick today. They played the day after us and he freshened their side up by making 4 or 5 changes to the side that beat Leeds. I know we had Hackney missing but we needed some fresh legs an a bit more pace in there today. Berg is not the answer for right back at home, he doesn't get forward. Should have had Djiksteele in there and Morgan in for Crooks, Lath for Coburn. I know Carrick likes to stick with a winning side but it can lead to a jaded performance when you don't freshen things up from time to time - he needs to learn from today.And our  passing was shocking from start to finish - dunno what that was all about like. Bad day at the office as they say i guess

erimus74

Quote from: Keanu_Reeves on October 28, 2023, 08:33:47 PMThink Alex Neil outsmarted Carrick today. They played the day after us and he freshened their side up by making 4 or 5 changes to the side that beat Leeds. I know we had Hackney missing but we needed some fresh legs an a bit more pace in there today. Berg is not the answer for right back at home, he doesn't get forward. Should have had Djiksteele in there and Morgan in for Crooks, Lath for Coburn. I know Carrick likes to stick with a winning side but it can lead to a jaded performance when you don't freshen things up from time to time - he needs to learn from today.And our  passing was shocking from start to finish - dunno what that was all about like. Bad day at the office as they say i guess

Agree with that, though I think Crooks was our best player, struggled to think of another one

Yes, our passing was shocking from the off

Keanu_Reeves

Quote from: erimus74 on October 28, 2023, 08:49:46 PM
Quote from: Keanu_Reeves on October 28, 2023, 08:33:47 PMThink Alex Neil outsmarted Carrick today. They played the day after us and he freshened their side up by making 4 or 5 changes to the side that beat Leeds. I know we had Hackney missing but we needed some fresh legs an a bit more pace in there today. Berg is not the answer for right back at home, he doesn't get forward. Should have had Djiksteele in there and Morgan in for Crooks, Lath for Coburn. I know Carrick likes to stick with a winning side but it can lead to a jaded performance when you don't freshen things up from time to time - he needs to learn from today.And our  passing was shocking from start to finish - dunno what that was all about like. Bad day at the office as they say i guess

Agree with that, though I think Crooks was our best player, struggled to think of another one

Yes, our passing was shocking from the off
Love Crooksy and he did at least spark a few moves first half - no one deserved any plaudits today really though. Very disappointing, and Carrick needs to learn when to change things to suit the situation with the players he has available and when to freshen things up. Neil outsmarted him today

erimus74

3 more things

Thought Gilbert done ok when he came on, plenty of running, some neat touches

Disappointed with the booing at the final whistle, yes I get that everyones upset, annoyed, but we've been on such a great run over the past 8 games & results like this happen

Big cup game midweek, was hoping to get a ticket but missed out😔

Keanu_Reeves

I think people over react far too much to a defeat - it happens, it's a hard league and you only need to be a bit below par to get beat. We aren't suddenly a bad side because we lost to Stoke. To win six in a row isn't just good luck, those wins had to be earned and we worked hard to get them. We have a decent squad and an up and coming manager who's still learning (he'll make mistakes !), people just need to realise we aren't going to win each game playing champagne football every week !

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Keanu_Reeves on October 28, 2023, 09:53:09 PMI think people over react far too much to a defeat - it happens, it's a hard league and you only need to be a bit below par to get beat. We aren't suddenly a bad side because we lost to Stoke. To win six in a row isn't just good luck, those wins had to be earned and we worked hard to get them. We have a decent squad and an up and coming manager who's still learning (he'll make mistakes !), people just need to realise we aren't going to win each game playing champagne football every week !

I think people react to the performance and/or level of effort put in

We were well off in both of these hence the boos

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

THE DEFENDING TODAY... ESPECIALLY AT CORNERS WAS SHOCKING 🙄🙄🙄

THE WHOLE TEAM WHERE OFF THE PACE...👎👎👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Mike Peeler

No defending yesterday's team display/team performance. We were awful I thought and not at the races all game. A big week ahead = the old saying is trying not to lose 2 on the bounce in the league if you can.

First off we need a cup win on Tuesday night.

UP THE BORO!

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: John Trebor on October 28, 2023, 12:39:20 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 28, 2023, 07:13:25 AMCAN WE BEAT THE ALEX NEIL HOODOO THAT IS THE QUESTION 🤔🙄🙄🙄🤔

ALWAYS HAD THE INDIAN SIGN OVER US AS MANAGER OF NORWICH PRESTON SUNLUN AND STOKE 😡😡😡

THE FUCKING BALD JOCK BASTARD 😔😔😔
Hoodoo my arse.

TOLD YOU.... YA BIG FUCKING....

DAFCUN.... 🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

tunstall

Blott

Fans were booing after 10 minutes what was that about. Every mistake was given a volley.

I would give our fans 2 out 10 for the day. Apart from the kids in the South Stand.

We lost, it happens. Have we become Geordies?

Keanu_Reeves

Carrick was outsmarted by a much more experienced manager, it's as simple as that really. That's going to happen from time to time, the lad is still learning his trade and as long as he does learn from it then it's not a major problem. I think he needs to recognise when the side needs freshening up and bringing in fresh legs from the start of a game. It was our lack of pace that stood out for me yesterday - Stoke played a high line and pressed from their front, we needed some quick players in there to exploit and combat that high Stoke press. Lath Djiksteele and Bangura would have been the players to do that.

tunstall

Quote from: Blott on October 29, 2023, 11:36:00 AMFans were booing after 10 minutes what was that about. Every mistake was given a volley.

I would give our fans 2 out 10 for the day. Apart from the kids in the South Stand.

We lost, it happens. Have we become Geordies?

It wasn't me mate

I walked out after five minutes

John Trebor

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 29, 2023, 10:21:28 AM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 28, 2023, 07:13:25 AMCAN WE BEAT THE ALEX NEIL HOODOO THAT IS THE QUESTION 🤔🙄🙄🙄🤔

ALWAYS HAD THE INDIAN SIGN OVER US AS MANAGER OF NORWICH PRESTON SUNLUN AND STOKE 😡😡😡

Hoodoo my arse.

DAFCUN.... 🙄🙄🙄

Nope, nothing to see here...🥱

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: John Trebor on October 29, 2023, 03:26:07 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on October 29, 2023, 10:21:28 AM

Hoodoo my arse.

DAFCUN.... 🙄🙄🙄

Nope, nothing to see here...🥱

I WAS RIGHT... YOU WAS WRONG... INDIAN SIGN...  :rudi:

NOW....  :winston:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G