Bolton v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, August 29, 2023, 12:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Blott

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on August 29, 2023, 09:49:55 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 29, 2023, 02:19:09 AMTROTTERS 3 BORO STIFFS 1

😌😌😌
it seems you came early, again.

Hey Blott, Lids got the right score but the wrong way round

erimus74

Well the next round for the 1st time since 2018 👍

Keanu_Reeves

We had to win that, if only for confidence reasons. Need to to get some signings in now and beat QPR to get the season up and running properly - easier said than done though

John Trebor

Quote from: John Trebor on August 29, 2023, 08:44:15 AM3-1 Boro

Payero to score the third in the 88th minute after a one-two with Bryan Robson.
For some reason I'll be leading the celebrations on the pitch.
I dreamt it so its gonna come true.

Looks like I was spot on 👍

erimus74

Quote from: John Trebor on August 29, 2023, 10:17:58 PM
Quote from: John Trebor on August 29, 2023, 08:44:15 AM3-1 Boro

Payero to score the third in the 88th minute after a one-two with Bryan Robson.
For some reason I'll be leading the celebrations on the pitch.
I dreamt it so its gonna come true.

Looks like I was spot on 👍

John, you must have predicted the 1st correct score this season 👍

Gingerpig

Riley Mcgree has to be found a role in this side week after week , he is a class apart when it comes to spotting a pass etc

John Trebor

Quote from: Gingerpig on August 29, 2023, 10:26:21 PMRiley Mcgree has to be found a role in this side week after week , he is a class apart when it comes to spotting a pass etc
Love him me like

erimus74

Blott

Quote from: erimus74 on August 29, 2023, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: Blott on August 29, 2023, 09:49:55 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 29, 2023, 02:19:09 AMTROTTERS 3 BORO STIFFS 1

😌😌😌
it seems you came early, again.

Hey Blott, Lids got the right score but the wrong way round
it's not the BEADs tote.

erimus74

erimus74

According to the Northern echo

Man of the Match: Isaiah Jones. Bright spark down the left. Will surely have played his way into the team vs QPR on Saturday.

Blott

I just love it when we win.it means I can watch the highlights.

tunstall

Jones played on the left?

:ponder:

John Trebor

Quote from: tunstall on August 29, 2023, 11:23:28 PMJones played on the left?

:ponder:
That's where Warnock played him until Spence left wasn't it?
I remember he came on as sub for his debut against Fulham and then made his full debut against Bristol City.
Played on the left and got an assist in each game.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

3 THINGS I LEARNED...

TOM GLOVER IS AS BAD AS JOANNA LUMLEY... SOL BRYNN MUST BE THINKING WTF... 🙄

RILEY MCGREE MUST START EVERY GAME AND CROOKS SHOULD NOT... EVEN THOUGH HE SCORED A DECENT GOAL HE WAS DOGSHIT AFTER THAT 🙄

WE GOT MORE CHANCE OF GENERAL BADDAD TELLING THE TRUTH THAN GETTING TO WEMBLEY 🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: erimus74 on August 29, 2023, 10:50:43 PMRoll on QPR

I FEAR THE WORST... THINK THEY WILL GET A DRAW... LAST NIGHT WAS JUST PAPERING OVER THE CRACKS AGAINST A VERY POOR BOLTON TEAM... 🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 30, 2023, 02:13:10 AMhttps://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/12950244/carabao-cup-second-round-preview-salford-vs-leeds-live-on-sky-plus-18-other-ties-including-fulham-vs-tottenham?postid=6359520#liveblog-body

FOR THOSE NOT SEEN THE HIGHLIGHTS..

Thanks Lids, 3 well taken goals, including a good chip over the keeper from Crooks, at long last a long way effort that flew in to the back of the net from McGree & Rodgers who slid in to the block the clearence from the Bolton defender before receiving the ball from McGree to open his account for the Boro

Some neat pass & move football from us for our goals & near misses last night, lets hope we can take it in to the QPR game

erimus74

Is the draw tonight & what number ball are we?

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 30, 2023, 06:19:39 AM

I FEAR THE WORST... THINK THEY WILL GET A DRAW... LAST NIGHT WAS JUST PAPERING OVER THE CRACKS AGAINST A VERY POOR BOLTON TEAM... 🙄

You read the Gazette, sounds like MC and boro are waiting for scraps to be thrown their way regarding transfers. So what happened to all these targets for a top 2 push? Reading between the lines, no one is coming through the door but a few will be leaving. That happens and qpr turn us over  :orson:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 30, 2023, 07:01:17 AM

You read the Gazette, sounds like MC and boro are waiting for scraps to be thrown their way regarding transfers. So what happened to all these targets for a top 2 push? Reading between the lines, no one is coming through the door but a few will be leaving. That happens and qpr turn us over  :orson:

THE FANS KEEP GETTING CONNED YEAR AFTER YEAR... MAYBE THEY SHOULD VOTE WITH THEIR FEET INSTEAD OF BEING LEMMINGS 🙄🙄🙄

LIKE I SAID... GIBBO AND HIS CRONIES ARE HAVING BORO FANS OVER WITH HIGH PRICES AND PROMISES 👎👎👎😡
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 30, 2023, 07:48:24 AM
Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 30, 2023, 07:01:17 AM

THE FANS KEEP GETTING CONNED YEAR AFTER YEAR... MAYBE THEY SHOULD VOTE WITH THEIR FEET INSTEAD OF BEING LEMMINGS 🙄🙄🙄

LIKE I SAID... GIBBO AND HIS CRONIES ARE HAVING BORO FANS OVER WITH HIGH PRICES AND PROMISES 👎👎👎😡

Just wait till I start taking my granddaughter

Smoggers51

I don't blame Glover for the first goal,he parried the shot but Fry should have moved quicker to counter that.Once again during the first half we kept getting pulled out of shape and losing the ball in midfield by some physical play by Bolton.In the first half the Bolton defender Jones played a blinder on the right side and stopped a few attacks from us .In the second half as he tired and we brought on Silvera,Rogers,McGree and Coburn we dominated the game and looked comfortable.We need to keep our concentration and shape on Saturday and try to contain QPR.Hopefully the result last night could be the catalyst to kickstart our season off.UTB!!!