West Brom v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, August 24, 2023, 02:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

4 - 2 NOW 😡😡😡

GIBSON OUT 💪💪💪
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Well that just sums us up, we are so, so weak, we've just literally thrown this game away

Those poor away fans spending all that money to watch a spineless defence

tunstall

Couple of Boro fans on the pitch?

Not surprised they're pissed off

At least our ticket prices are so reasonable

Johnny Thunder

Ye fuckin bed pissing cunts.

We've gone up a place.

Lids, go get yer fuckiin chinese and get off to kip.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

:leo:

Bud Wiser

So will the penny finally drop with regards to the ludicrous way this idiot manager sets up defensively? I suspect not!

Its still August yet we're already in a relegation battle. And when you've got Bryan Robson MkII at the helm, things aren't going to improve any time soon.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

4 games, bottom of the league, gifted them at least 2 goals, weak as jelly through the middle, awful, awful defending & lets be honest here, we have been for a long time

Add to that, teams will be aware of how little fight we have in us, then I cant see anything positive for us this season, if we continue in this vein then we'll be looking for another manager

Totally gutted, I honestly cant see us bringing anyone in to plug our weakness & move us forward, 9 months fighting relegation

Steboro

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

With us scoring so many goals last season it masked how poor we are defensively, today we had opportunities to score one, or two more when we were 3-1 down, didnt capitalise, then handed a chance with a penalty only to fall to another sucker punch 4th goal

Bud Wiser

Quote from: erimus74 on August 26, 2023, 05:14:57 PMWith us scoring so many goals last season it masked how poor we are defensively, today we had opportunities to score one, or two more when we were 3-1 down, didnt capitalise, then handed a chance with a penalty only to fall to another sucker punch 4th goal

As I mentioned on here last week; Only Swansea out of the top 14 in last seasons Championship conceded more than us. Yet as the transfer window went on we got weaker and weaker. Fucking scandalous!!

erimus74

I will have to put this phone down & chill out in the back garden but dear me, that was awful

We havent won since beating Hull 3-1 last season, defensively we HAVE to improve, if we dont then we will be fighting relegation, no clean sheet all season & TBH, how many goals have we conceded that were preventable, 2 at Coventry, 3 today, an OG v Huddersfield

Redsteel (Moderator)

Fans shat on all the time by the club. The only constant with club is the chairman, who should have sought investment years ago. Carrick isn't completely blameless, we've seen what he can do with a decent set of players at his disposal. The defence is a shambles, fry and lenihan in the centre isn't working, and the midfield is weak as piss. I just can't see us bringing in the quality that is needed or we would have done that by now. The club has shopped in the bargain bucket in poundland, and we are seeing the results of this. IF this is what Carrick has to work with after the window closes, then I wouldn't blame him if he walked away. The club will kill his Managerial career before it has really started. Gibson, your pride should never hold the club back.

Keanu_Reeves

Not going to win until we sort that defence out - mind you if you shop at Poundland expect a few Poundland results. 5 quality players have left the club since last season and we haven't replaced them, that's why we're in the shit right now - over to you Little Napoleon

erimus74

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on August 26, 2023, 05:13:49 PMThird from bottom.

:bigjack

Well after that shambles we've actually climbed up a place, things are looking up

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 26, 2023, 05:50:04 PMFans shat on all the time by the club. The only constant with club is the chairman, who should have sought investment years ago. Carrick isn't completely blameless, we've seen what he can do with a decent set of players at his disposal. The defence is a shambles, fry and lenihan in the centre isn't working, and the midfield is weak as piss. I just can't see us bringing in the quality that is needed or we would have done that by now. The club has shopped in the bargain bucket in poundland, and we are seeing the results of this. IF this is what Carrick has to work with after the window closes, then I wouldn't blame him if he walked away. The club will kill his Managerial career before it has really started. Gibson, your pride should never hold the club back.

I think its more down to his sheer incompetence than pride thats holding the club back - his off-field appointments especially. For instance, I listened to Marco Gabbiadini on Radio Newcastle's weekday evening football show a couple of months ago stating that our wage bill was £300 grand a week higher than Sunderland's! Thats staggering.
So he could at least try getting some fans back on board by chasing Bausor & Scott for a start before the rot becomes terminal.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 26, 2023, 06:53:53 PM
Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 26, 2023, 05:50:04 PMFans shat on all the time by the club. The only constant with club is the chairman, who should have sought investment years ago. Carrick isn't completely blameless, we've seen what he can do with a decent set of players at his disposal. The defence is a shambles, fry and lenihan in the centre isn't working, and the midfield is weak as piss. I just can't see us bringing in the quality that is needed or we would have done that by now. The club has shopped in the bargain bucket in poundland, and we are seeing the results of this. IF this is what Carrick has to work with after the window closes, then I wouldn't blame him if he walked away. The club will kill his Managerial career before it has really started. Gibson, your pride should never hold the club back.

I think its more down to his sheer incompetence than pride thats holding the club back - his off-field appointments especially. For instance, I listened to Marco Gabbiadini on Radio Newcastle's weekday evening football show a couple of months ago stating that our wage bill was £300 grand a week higher than Sunderland's! Thats staggering.
So he could at least try getting some fans back on board by chasing Bausor & Scott for a start before the rot becomes terminal.

How exactly does he know the wage details of both clubs?

You believe anything.....

Ebenezer Good

Quote from: erimus74 on August 26, 2023, 05:12:02 PM4 games, bottom of the league, gifted them at least 2 goals, weak as jelly through the middle, awful, awful defending & lets be honest here, we have been for a long time

Add to that, teams will be aware of how little fight we have in us, then I cant see anything positive for us this season, if we continue in this vein then we'll be looking for another manager

Totally gutted, I honestly cant see us bringing anyone in to plug our weakness & move us forward, 9 months fighting relegation
And paying top dollar to watch it 😡

erimus74

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g91d9p?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

I'll take his experience & better judgement of players & performance here but if hes encouraged over that then its worrying

Good times ahead, I honestly dont see it but as I said I'll give him the benefit of his knowledge, on a positive note, Latte scored a good goal, now only 28 goals behind Chuba

tunstall

I hope those of you who can, are drowning your sorrows tonight

Another bad day to be a Boro fan

UTB

Bud Wiser

Quote from: erimus74 on August 26, 2023, 08:12:05 PMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0g91d9p?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

I'll take his experience & better judgement of players & performance here but if hes encouraged over that then its worrying

Good times ahead, I honestly dont see it but as I said I'll give him the benefit of his knowledge, on a positive note, Latte scored a good goal, now only 28 goals behind Chuba

Couldn't be arsed to listen to it, but I suspect he'll have referred to the opposition as "tough" and his own losers as a "good group". Yawn.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I'VE SEEN BETTER DEFENDING IN A PUB LEAGUE TEAM 😡😡😡

WOODGATE OUT 👎👎👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I WONDER IF WOODGATE WROTE THEM WORDS FOR HIM 🤔🤔🤔🙄

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 27, 2023, 05:59:23 AMI WONDER IF WOODGATE WROTE THEM WORDS FOR HIM 🤔🤔🤔🙄

I heard it last night, couldn't believe he was saying what he was saying. Again, if we don't sign 4 high end champo standard players this week, that go straight into the team, then I fear for Carrick. Every fucking year we are playing catch up because we are piss poor behind the scenes. The club doesn't deserve the die hards who pump their hard earned year after year.

erimus74

How strange is football & how we as fans look at it, when we were strtruggling at the foot of the table under Woodgate & he said, "the table was lying" he got pelters, now its a case of its ok, we're lucky to have Carrick

That maybe the case, time will tell but I wasnt encouraged how easy West Brom just cut through us & I dont consider them one of the top 6 teams