Previous topic - Next topic

tunstall

Redsteel (Moderator)

Nosmo-King

Another hell of a game. Totally absorbing

tunstall

We've done well to strangle their scoring today

Mike Peeler

We are right back in it can we knock them over tonight and with a lead.

That's all it takes a couple of quick wickets to get the juices going again - the beauty of test cricket

Nosmo-King

Nosmo-King

TommyDickfingers

Australia are boring as fuck.

And I hope that twitchy cheating c**t Smith is out in the first over back.

Mike Peeler

We nearly got him - the jammy bastard was in - he is the one we need and want though.

Francks left peg

Think that was a great bowling performance. Put us back in with a great chance of winning the test. Still gutted  the weather last week put us off a chance of winning the ashes back. I've been calling for Anderson to be dropped from the series since Edgebaston, but he proved me wrong over the passed two days.

tunstall

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 28, 2023, 04:27:42 PMWe nearly got him - the jammy bastard was in - he is the one we need and want though.

I'd argue he was out....but can understand why it wasn't given, pretty tough decision to make

They rallied at the end there

Been a good contest so far

I'm off back to work tomorrow so won't see any of the remaining few days of what's been an entertaining, but ultimately disappointing, series....

Bud Wiser

We're hanging on in there. We just need our openers to put "Bazball" on the back shelf for a bit until the ball is softened-up enough so our 'main men' can decide who has the balls to be a proper No.3 batsmanperson.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Redsteel (Moderator)

Just imagine if we never had them two bad days of weather, 2-2 and nothing in it going into the last two innings.

Mike Peeler

Quote from: tunstall on July 28, 2023, 09:44:32 PM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 28, 2023, 04:27:42 PMWe nearly got him - the jammy bastard was in - he is the one we need and want though.

I'd argue he was out....but can understand why it wasn't given, pretty tough decision to make

They rallied at the end there

Been a good contest so far

I'm off back to work tomorrow so won't see any of the remaining few days of what's been an entertaining, but ultimately disappointing, series....

Yes, I've enjoyed it in many ways but as you say along with winning the series it's also about winning the Ashes/Urn and we technically have failed on both accounts. I will say the weather has done us but that's also sour grapes. I think we will go on to win this test now.

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Francks left peg on July 28, 2023, 09:03:11 PMThink that was a great bowling performance. Put us back in with a great chance of winning the test. Still gutted  the weather last week put us off a chance of winning the ashes back. I've been calling for Anderson to be dropped from the series since Edgebaston, but he proved me wrong over the passed two days.

I agree with all that you've said - Bar, still think Anderson is finished, he can hold an end down but is lacking wickets and has had a pretty poor series on that score and by his own high standards

Mike Peeler

Going great guns here in the cricket - I sense an England win coming. If these two get themselves 'in' again after tea, it's good night Vienna to the Aussies.

Mike Peeler

300 lead-up - the Aussies are getting it here.

Francks left peg

Going very well. Hopefully no issues with the weather tomorrow

Mike Peeler

Yep, the only question now is do we run them into the ground before having a pop at them or have a little pop at them tonight? We've won this one I reckon.

Francks left peg

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 29, 2023, 06:20:30 PMYep, the only question now is do we run them into the ground before having a pop at them or have a little pop at them tonight? We've won this one I reckon.

Hope we can get the lead to 380 and I'll be happy with that.

Francks left peg

How does Anderson keep almost stepping on his wicket! 😔

Francks left peg

This finishing at half 6 when it's still perfectly light is plain daft. Especially when a day can be rained off.

tunstall

Sounds like I missed a thoroughly entertaining day

Redsteel (Moderator)

Looks like just shy of 400 is the chase down target for the aussies, with two days play remaining. If they reach the total, then you just have to say fair play, they deserved it. However, a near 400 chase down, I can't see it and I'm happy with Englands efforts this test.

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 30, 2023, 08:36:48 AMLooks like just shy of 400 is the chase down target for the aussies, with two days play remaining. If they reach the total, then you just have to say fair play, they deserved it. However, a near 400 chase down, I can't see it and I'm happy with Englands efforts this test.

You are bang-on with your assessment there. It's a chance for both and whoever wins has then deserved that win. We've put ourselves favourites but it is doable for the Aussies.

We need the win to say we would have done you had the rain not saved you in the last test.

It's an England win for me.

Broad retiring as well was a bit of a shock - he has served England well that has to be said of him.