Fifth Test In The Ashes.

Started by Mike Peeler, July 27, 2023, 08:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 30, 2023, 08:44:38 AM
Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 30, 2023, 08:36:48 AMLooks like just shy of 400 is the chase down target for the aussies, with two days play remaining. If they reach the total, then you just have to say fair play, they deserved it. However, a near 400 chase down, I can't see it and I'm happy with Englands efforts this test.

You are bang-on with your assessment there. It's a chance for both and whoever wins has then deserved that win. We've put ourselves favourites but it is doable for the Aussies.

We need the win to say we would have done you had the rain not saved you in the last test.

It's an England win for me.

Broad retiring as well was a bit of a shock - he has served England well that has to be said of him.

The win is massive to both. If we win, then we win the series psychologically, and the Aussies know this. Huge day ahaead.
I'm happy for Broad, getting out at the top.

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 30, 2023, 09:40:44 AM
Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 30, 2023, 08:36:48 AMLooks like just shy of 400 is the chase down target for the aussies, with two days play remaining. If they reach the total, then you just have to say fair play, they deserved it. However, a near 400 chase down, I can't see it and I'm happy with Englands efforts this test.

You are bang-on with your assessment there. It's a chance for both and whoever wins has then deserved that win. We've put ourselves favourites but it is doable for the Aussies.

We need the win to say we would have done you had the rain not saved you in the last test.

Broad retiring as well was a bit of a shock - he has served England well that has to be said of him.

The win is massive to both. If we win, then we win the series psychologically, and the Aussies know this. Huge day ahaead.

Yes, i prefer them going out at the top - maybe just maybe Anderson wants to go out with a better individual series/performance behind him. It could be a tad fatal for him if he makes a mockery of a great career by playing one game/series to many. He should call it a day but Broad has stole that show now.

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Mike Peeler on July 30, 2023, 09:44:36 AM

Yes, i prefer them going out at the top - maybe just maybe Anderson wants to go out with a better individual series/performance behind him. It could be a tad fatal for him if he makes a mockery of a great career by playing one game/series to many. He should call it a day but Broad has stole that show now.

Yeah, I can't see JA announcing his retirement just yet, though I think he is done with England.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

THE CONVICT NEED 384 TO WIN 🤔

LET'S SKITTLE THE CUNTS OUT 👍💪💪💪👍🏏🏏🏏
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Mike Peeler

We should do them here - Smith has it in him to be a fucking nuisance and make things tough for us over two days of batting if he stays at the crease. The rest can be got at, so they need to keep the scoreboard ticking over which will see chances come our way

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

FUCK ME WE ARE MAKING THIS HARD FOR OURSELVES... THESE CUNTS ARE ON COURSE TO ACHIEVE IT 😡😡😡

WE NEED A COUPLE OF WICKETS 💪💪💪
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WE ARE GONNA LOSE THIS TEST  :rav:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

borope

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: borope on July 30, 2023, 02:31:46 PMEver the optimist.  :youfuckinserious:

NOWT TO DO WITH THAT SHIT.... I'M WATCHING IT... ARE YOU 🤔🤔🤔

WE GAVE AWAY A FEW OF OUR WICKETS TOO CHEAPLY NEAR THE END WHEN WE COULD HAVE PUT ANOTHER 50 ON 🙄🙄🙄

THESE CUNTS ARE 132 FOR 0 😡😡😡

ONLY NEED ANOTHER 250 WITH 10 WICKETS LEFT... WE SHOULDN'T BE LOSING TO THESE CUNTS 👎😡😡😡👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Mike Peeler

It's certainly opening up but all it takes is a few wickets and the lot can collapse again. Famous last words here it will swing our way again at least once before the game ends. It's whether we can then take advantage of it. To be fair these can bat and so can these two. Im getting twitchy but the towel won't go in yet. Cricket is often full of twists and, turns.

Its not for the twitchy types that why its played over 5 days.

borope

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on July 30, 2023, 02:35:55 PM
Quote from: borope on July 30, 2023, 02:31:46 PMEver the optimist.  :youfuckinserious:

NOWT TO DO WITH THAT SHIT.... I'M WATCHING IT... ARE YOU 🤔🤔🤔

WE GAVE AWAY A FEW OF OUR WICKETS TOO CHEAPLY NEAR THE END WHEN WE COULD HAVE PUT ANOTHER 50 ON 🙄🙄🙄

THESE CUNTS ARE 132 FOR 0 😡😡😡

ONLY NEED ANOTHER 250 WITH 10 WICKETS LEFT... WE SHOULDN'T BE LOSING TO THESE CUNTS 👎😡😡😡👎

Got it on at work its been helping me sleep.  :cloughy:

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 30, 2023, 09:53:34 AM

Yeah, I can't see JA announcing his retirement just yet, though I think he is done with England.

Doesn't appear to be any hint of him retiring. I reckon he's got his eyes on a new £775grand central contract. So if he won't do the decent thing the selectors need to grow a pair and do it for him.
Lancastrians should be barred from representing England anyway.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 30, 2023, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 30, 2023, 09:53:34 AM

Doesn't appear to be any hint of him retiring. I reckon he's got his eyes on a new £775grand central contract. So if he won't do the decent thing the selectors need to grow a pair and do it for him.
Lancastrians should be barred from representing England anyway.

I agree with most of that - my second favourite player for England behind Ian Botham was Freddie Flintoff so I can't agree with you on the lancastrian thing but do see where you are coming from.

Mike Peeler

If the weather holds off it should be a cracking days cricket - with advantage first thing belonging to the Australians. Important first session if we knock a couple over in that session its back on for us. We need them 2 or 3 down by lunch.

Mike Peeler

It's all on now - will it be 2-2 or 3-1 Australia that's things in a nut-shell really.

Redsteel (Moderator)

Mike Peeler

We've got the breakthrough we needed can we make it count now.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

COME ON 2 SKITTLED OUT 💪💪💪🏏🏏🏏
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Mike Peeler

Get in Wokes and England - we've got the buggers on the back foot here.

CMON ENGLAND

Get this fella (smith) out and it's ours for me.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

IT'S STILL ON 💪💪💪🏏🏏🏏😎😎😎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

IT'S GONNA BE CLOSE THIS 👍🏏🏏🏏👍

THERE'S EITHER GONNA BE AN ENGLISH HERO 👍 OR AN AUSSIE ONE 😡

COME THE END OF THE DAY 💪💪💪😎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

LOOKS LIKE THE ADVANTAGE IS DEFFO WITH THE CONVICTS THOUGH 😡😡😡
THEY HAVE SOME BATSMEN LEFT WHO CAN KNOCK A 50 UP IN NO TIME 🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Mike Peeler

I think the rain could end up playing for the Aussies again - we see a drawn game so lose the ashes and lose the series. We've been the better team to watch over the series but sport is about winning and losing and the bastards are winning 2-1 at the moment.

tunstall

Our bowling attack not good enough, as predicted

Also we've been guilty of wreckless batting and sloppy cricket (especially when fielding, and Bairstow walking out of his crease)

For me, the better team won

Mike Peeler

Travis Head is gone - it might get down to the swingers this one. I think the Aussies are still in pole position thanks to that weather break