Wimbledon 🎾

Started by TommyDickfingers, July 04, 2023, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyDickfingers

I love watching most sports but can't get away with tennis and Wimbledon is the most boring 2 weeks of sport in the calendar.

Full of middle class tossers watching middle class tossers play bat and ball.

JT - I know, I know........the bewers !!

Blott

John Trebor

Wimbledon was great in the late 70s / mid 80s.
Borg, Connors, McEnroe, Nastase, Gueralitis, Vilas, Becker.
Goolagong, Navratilova, Evert, Jean-King.

tunstall

Most of the bewers are mint though

Johnny Thunder

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: tunstall on July 04, 2023, 02:11:06 PMMost of the bewers are mint though

Agreed but if I want to thrap away to something I'll just watch some Frankie Vaughan rather than being interrupted by some posh bloke shouting Deuce or 40 love

:thrapp:

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

Quote from: John Trebor on July 04, 2023, 02:09:59 PMWimbledon was great in the late 70s / mid 80s.

Just about to post the same thing John, loved Wimbledon back then, couldnt get enough of it, hardly ever watch any tennis nowadays

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: erimus74 on July 04, 2023, 03:24:47 PM
Quote from: John Trebor on July 04, 2023, 02:09:59 PMWimbledon was great in the late 70s / mid 80s.

Just about to post the same thing John, loved Wimbledon back then, couldnt get enough of it, hardly ever watch any tennis nowadays

I used to watch it back in the day and even entered the Middlesbrough Tennis Open U-16's one year.

Sacked it off as it was the same day as the Hemo Club Summer Trip to Whitby.

Gboro64

Na , It's always been boring.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

ANYONE WHO PLAYS TENNIS OR LIKES TENNIS 😔🙄😔

IS A FUCKING FAGGOT....

:ray:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on July 04, 2023, 04:34:58 PMANYONE WHO PLAYS TENNIS OR LIKES TENNIS 😔🙄😔

IS A FUCKING FAGGOT....

..and that's game set and match to Lids!

:leo2:

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on July 04, 2023, 04:34:58 PMANYONE WHO PLAYS TENNIS OR LIKES TENNIS 😔🙄😔

IS A FUCKING FAGGOT....

😁

erimus74

Loved Borg, he was so cool who turned professional in my favourite year, 1974

Remember Borg v Connors Wumbledon SF, with Connors winning 2 sets to live, Borg came storming back to win 3-2

AtomicDog

IS A FUCKING FAGGOT....

Don't mind an odd faggot now and again myself dear Boy . . .
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

AtomicDog

Quote from: erimus74 on July 04, 2023, 09:13:07 PMLoved Borg, he was so cool who turned professional in my favourite year, 1974

Remember Borg v Connors Wumbledon SF, with Connors winning 2 sets to live, Borg came storming back to win 3-2
Wore some quality apparel too, as did  McEnroe
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

tonyangelino

Remember having this back in the day...thought i was the bees knees  :alf:

Fuck it, forfgot how to do image.

Anyway it was an Edberg adidas  polo

TommyDickfingers

I had a pair of Adidas Players which I'm sure where endorsed by one of the 80's tennis players

tunstall

Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 05, 2023, 02:25:23 PMI had a pair of Adidas Players which I'm sure where endorsed by one of the 80's tennis players

Sue Barker?

tonyangelino

Never think "ooh the tennis is on" but catch the odd match. Last year watching Kyrgios was good. What annoys me is when they forever clench their fist and look up to their team everytime they win a point, it's normally the brits that do it and they're normally getting walloped  :ray:

BoroRedKen

IS A FUCKING FAGGOT....

NEW BALLS!!.......

Mike Peeler

Some cracking sportswear and match day attire came from the tennis scene, so it gets a bit of credit from me for that, especially in the late 80s/90s and, still about today. Trainers, tackies the lot back then.

Have a couple of fila and la coste items in the wardrobe myself