Lloyds Resolution Bar

Started by Ravishing Rick Rude, July 03, 2023, 10:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravishing Rick Rude

Brown bread.

Shame, didn't mind a Monday night on the piss in there.

Ridsdale will be gutted one of his haunts has gone

P.I.R

Mike Peeler

I never used it only used the pig iron, central and smoggy scholar, and sometimes the Navi on match days.

Don't use the town now other than 'party type occasions' or meals out. Sadly it's a dump and wouldn't be missed if the who place shut down drinking-wise.

Id feel for the young ones because' the town' i's still probably the best place to find a shag on a night out and it's their 'time if you like'. Then again I've no doubt the young lot now arrange all their shagging online now, how times change

fukyu

Is that the one near captain cooks square?.

Mike Peeler

Yes, it's near the old Yates, now the Discovery pub. I've done it once or twice, nowt flash just another ale house really, not sure what it's like on a night

fukyu

It was a weather spoons wasn't it?.

TeessideTopgun

Was a great place when it first opened, always heaving

TommyDickfingers

It was announced a while back it was shutting.

That side of town has died a death anyway, all the new money will be pumped into the area around the Train Station.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

JUST WALKED PAST IT... THERE LOADING GLASSES IN TO A BIG WAGON OUT THE FRONT AND SOME CUNT AT THE BACK IS SHARK SAWING ALL THE FURNITURE UP 🙄

I LIKED IT IN THERE 😞
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

RiversideRifle

Never really went there much after the club shop closed. Used to stop for a pint or two when collecting away tickets
UTB

Johnny Thunder

tunstall

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on July 04, 2023, 10:56:18 AMJUST WALKED PAST IT... THERE LOADING GLASSES IN TO A BIG WAGON OUT THE FRONT AND SOME CUNT AT THE BACK IS SHARK SAWING ALL THE FURNITURE UP 🙄

I LIKED IT IN THERE 😞

Had some good piss ups in there with the lads

Shame to see it go

AtomicDog

Shame it's closed . . .

Should've never have closed and knocked down the baths that were there.
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

tunstall

Baths? Was that before the bus station went up?

fukyu

AtomicDog

Quote from: tunstall on July 04, 2023, 02:11:43 PMBaths? Was that before the bus station went up?
Yes, they were still there when the bus station got put up.
Another brainstorm by our c***y council:

Where the people are stood in the picture below is where the entrance to Lloyds is

Whoever sanctioned the closing of them should be strung up.

Lot's of town's that have similar bath's have reopened them as bars, gig venues etc.

They never even replaced them.

Where's the nearest public swimming bath's to to the town again?

TMG501

Our previous councillors know best don't cha know. Especially where brown envelopes are concerned,, allegedly
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

Mike Peeler

Quote from: AtomicDog on July 04, 2023, 04:40:39 PM
Quote from: tunstall on July 04, 2023, 02:11:43 PMBaths? Was that before the bus station went up?
Yes, they were still there when the bus station got put up.
Another brainstorm by our c***y council:

Where the people are stood in the picture below is where the entrance to Lloyds is

Whoever sanctioned the closing of them should be strung up.

Lot's of town's that have similar bath's have reopened them as bars, gig venues etc.

They never even replaced them.

Where's the nearest public swimming bath's to to the town again?

Love the old pictures of yesterday years. I often walked past them when in town with my parents. Oddly enough never used them as baths we went to Berwick Hills and then Eston when the old man was in tow in the car.

Johnny Thunder

I remember going in there like.

Fuckin old cunt.

:rav:

fukyu

John Trebor

Gilkes Street baths had two pools - 'old' and 'new'. Our primary school used the old pool very second Tuesday. It was like stepping back in time even then. Into a Victorian horror movie.
Dingy lighting and a weird muffled echoey noise. Mind it didn't help that I couldn't swim and was shit scared of water.

We used to look through the little walkway to the new pool with envy. Proper lighting and a normal swimming pool noise.

Few years later me and my mates used to go to Boynton School baths every Friday night. It was carnage. And I still couldn't swim.

AtomicDog

Quote from: John Trebor on July 05, 2023, 08:59:23 AMGilkes Street baths had two pools - 'old' and 'new'. Our primary school used the old pool very second Tuesday. It was like stepping back in time even then. Into a Victorian horror movie.
Dingy lighting and a weird muffled echoey noise. Mind it didn't help that I couldn't swim and was shit scared of water.

We used to look through the little walkway to the new pool with envy. Proper lighting and a normal swimming pool noise.

Few years later me and my mates used to go to Boynton School baths every Friday night. It was carnage. And I still couldn't swim.
They're both in them pictures, top one is the 'new' pool

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

REMEMBER SWIMMING THERE IN A GALA WHEN I WAS TOP SWIMMER IN THE SCHOOL....

DIRTY HOLE AND THERE WAS ALWAYS A COUPLE OF JOBBIES ON THE POOL FLOOR 💩💩💩

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Northallerton_Boro

You bunch of old bastards.

Anyway, the bar has been a dive for years, was decent on a Saturday night about 15 years ago, led to some good fingering  and walks of shame that place

AtomicDog

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on July 05, 2023, 09:55:22 AMREMEMBER SWIMMING THERE IN A GALA WHEN I WAS TOP SWIMMER IN THE SCHOOL....

DIRTY HOLE AND THERE WAS ALWAYS A COUPLE OF JOBBIES ON THE POOL FLOOR 💩💩💩

Yeah, Me auld fella taught Me to swim there.

When we use to go with the school they use to hose all the scruffy kid's down, against the wall, before they'd let them in the pool.

In hindsight, probably the only time some of the poor f***ers got a wash.

AtomicDog

Quote from: fukyu on July 05, 2023, 08:28:31 AMLooks like a gay hangout..

No the '53 Club' was round the corner on Newport Rd dear Boy