The 2023 Summer Transfer Window.

Started by Johnny Thunder, February 01, 2023, 02:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Peeler

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on August 11, 2023, 08:36:20 PMHEARD LENS HAVE OFFERED 12 MILL SO LOOKS LIKE HE'S AWAY 👍

I thought that's where he would end up - it was mentioned a while back on one boro or OTR.

fucking snake. :rudi:

Mike Peeler

Quote from: RiversideRifle on August 11, 2023, 08:02:44 PMHe was never gonna stay was he? Best of luck to him he'll always be a boro hero 👍👍👍👍

I don't know about that like - hero after one good season then fucking off. If he pulls off another big 20+ season next year where ever he ends up then I might say he is a proper striker goalscorer. He is 28 and has just found out how to score goals. I wont be blowing him off that quickly I'm afraid

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Mike Peeler on August 11, 2023, 08:49:06 PM
Quote from: RiversideRifle on August 11, 2023, 08:02:44 PMHe was never gonna stay was he? Best of luck to him he'll always be a boro hero 👍👍👍👍

I don't know about that like - hero after one good season then fucking off. If he pulls off another big 20+ season next year where ever he ends up then I might say he is a proper striker goalscorer. He is 28 and has just found out how to score goals. I wont be blowing him off that quickly I'm afraid

Highest goal scorer for decades is a boro hero as far as I'm concerned
UTB

Mike Peeler

Quote from: RiversideRifle on August 11, 2023, 08:52:36 PM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on August 11, 2023, 08:49:06 PM

Highest goal scorer for decades is a boro hero as far as I'm concerned

We all look through a different lens (no pun intended) at times, a great feat what he did last year but he won us fuck all and achieved fuck all when you strip it all back.

I would have shipped him out myself last year so do what he did is close to a miracle - I have to give him that.

Mike Peeler

You could be right Ken I've heard about it for a while now.

I just guessed Liddle thought he was building 3 million pound piss-up shop for himself in his garden - it will be an estate boozer that before long, that will grow in size without a doubt. once the license gets put through you would imagine.

ccole

Quote from: erimus74 on August 11, 2023, 07:08:45 PMI wish Akpom all the best wherever he lays his hat, he gave everything for the Boro, who let's be honest, didnt treat him to kindly before his explosion of goals plus, a few fans OTR saying hes the worst striker theyve seen, he owed us nothing, now we have good memories of him & up to £10m

Spot on.

I would be less happy if we gave him £35k pet week.

As long as the lad gives 100%, I have no issue with him.

As for a new chairman? Dreams for fook-whits.

Wage bill is £12m + staff and running cost. Gate income is around £5m. In terms of potential, Who the fook would buy us over the likes of Sheff Weds, Derby, Birmingham, Norwich, Ipswich, Poppy, even the mackems who you would get for less money and have just as much potential, crowds wise. 

"for the birds"

Gingerpig

1 good season.... take the cash get danny ings in & tom cannon

tunstall

Quote from: Gingerpig on August 11, 2023, 10:10:51 PM1 good season.... take the cash get danny ings in & tom cannon

:orson:  :orson:

teamboro

One good season doesn't mean your prolific clubs will be betting on this yes he's 28 can he do it in the top flight with better defence that is the question in today's market 11 million is quite cheap for a striker with his scoring record for last season albeit one season
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

TeessideTopgun

Whatever the outcome both Chuba and MFC  would be taking a gamble after one fantastic season .

Just glad its sorted and we move on , looking forward to the next gem that MC  coaches to his best season ever

UTB

erimus74

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 11, 2023, 07:17:49 PMWhy must we conflate Gibbos personal wealth with the clubs finances?

Have we all forgot that Gibbo was already a successful businessman in 1986. Nearly 37 years ago!
He has run the same business since so of course he has amassed a fair few quid.

Should he live in a tent in Albert Park so we can pay players 150k a week? Buy a striker for 40 million?

Or should he not enjoy the trappings his business has given him?

Spot on Ken

Mike Peeler

Ross Stewart if/at the right price, I think will come in on deadline day, as well one other forward is my transfer prediction should Akpom go and, once the transfer window shuts.

BoroRedKen

Im struggling to get excited by the names mentioned.

Is Stewart going to get us 20 goals?

He cant even get a game for Scotland!

BoroRedKen

If i changed my name to MacNekder i would have a chance to make the Scots national team!

AtomicDog

Thought we'd be in for Billy Fisher . . .
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 11, 2023, 07:24:06 PMThe issue is a series of poorly scouted players and panic loans.

Hopefully we are trying a different model of recruitment and scouting.

I had not heard of Engell. Had heard of Lumley, Saville, Connolly etc. And we know how they turned out.

If truth be known who had heard of Akpom, I certainly hadnt & to think our previous manager didnt rate him, while some, OTR, said he's the worst striker we've ever had & they would drive him to where he's going to end up

You just never know how a player is going to react from club to club

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Mike Peeler on August 12, 2023, 08:17:20 AMRoss Stewart if/at the right price, I think will come in on deadline day, as well one other forward is my transfer prediction should Akpom go and, once the transfer window shuts.

I would only have Stewart if he was on a free. He is always crocked, so buying him knowing the track record is crazy. May as well sign Ameobi again  :alf:

Francks left peg

Loads of people going crazy over this Latte. Saying how he is going to be amazing. He's done loan after loan and his goalscoring record isn't great.

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 12, 2023, 10:53:50 AM
Quote from: Mike Peeler on August 12, 2023, 08:17:20 AMRoss Stewart if/at the right price, I think will come in on deadline day, as well one other forward is my transfer prediction should Akpom go and, once the transfer window shuts.

I would only have Stewart if he was on a free. He is always crocked, so buying him knowing the track record is crazy. May as well sign Ameobi again  :alf:

If we have our eye on him and, it's an if - then we will test the water at some point with the Mackems or goes for nowt next year - he won't be on a free I just have no idea of his value or risk injury-wise. He scores goals in the championship and could lead our line quite well. I would take a punt on him providing he is within our budget, and we can't get the likes of Archer etc

Mike Peeler

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 12, 2023, 08:24:15 AMIm struggling to get excited by the names mentioned.

Is Stewart going to get us 20 goals?

He cant even get a game for Scotland!

He is worth a punt I would say with our budget etc taken into account. Hit men don't come cheap good ones and shit ones. :rav:

BoroRedKen

Yes point taken.

BUT....

Ross County? St Mirren? Blunderand?

Not exactly world beating leagues them are they?

Is the Scottish Premier even near the standard of Championship football? The Scottish league 1?.

2 caps for Scotland.

And injury concerns.

Just cant get excited about it.

Mike Peeler

He was notching down here in the champo before the injury - plus Mowbray in all fairness knows a player or two. If he stays with them. Clarke, Stewart, Bradley Dack if stays fit and Roberts who played for us will have Sunderland doing okay up front that's a decent attack on paper if it gets going.

Johnny Thunder

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/23718672.middlesbrough-received-bids-striker-chuba-akpom/

Carrick confirms two offers.

It is also stated at the bottom that we are actively looking to sign a 9 and a 10.

:bigjack

Johnny Thunder

Reports that he arrived with the squad at the stadium but left again soon after.
Obviously on his way to an airport.