The 2023 Summer Transfer Window.

Started by Johnny Thunder, February 01, 2023, 02:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 10, 2023, 02:16:50 PMCan we afford 2/3 seasons to bed these unknowns in and can we afford them the time to adapt etc?

To me they are not the signings of a club chasing promotion.

Fucking hell Nozzer lad a bit of positivity won't go a miss  :rudi:
UTB

BoroRedKen

You know me Rifes. I will happily hold my hands up if im proved wrong.

I honestly believed MC and the boys had a bit of a "marquee" signing lined up but the signings are fairly "MEH" If we are honest.

BoroRedKen

Is it a sign of the club cutting its cloth to measure?

We have to admit we cant compete with the 3 relegated teams when it comes to signings.

Johnny Thunder

The club has to become more self sufficient. It has to generate it's own profits. Buy cheap sell high.
Gibbo cannot just throw money at it due to FFP.
If he could, I think he would.

BoroRedKen

tunstall

Put the ticket prices up

:leo:

Johnny Thunder

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 10, 2023, 02:22:06 PMYou know me Rifes. I will happily hold my hands up if im proved wrong.

I honestly believed MC and the boys had a bit of a "marquee" signing lined up but the signings are fairly "MEH" If we are honest.

I read your post as nosmo king for some reason. It was just tongue in cheek lad. I get the message though but that left back looks half decent. Fucking hate lattes though
UTB

Johnny Thunder

BoroRedKen

Quote from: RiversideRifle on August 10, 2023, 03:15:29 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 10, 2023, 02:22:06 PMYou know me Rifes. I will happily hold my hands up if im proved wrong.

I read your post as nosmo king for some reason. It was just tongue in cheek lad. I get the message though but that left back looks half decent. Fucking hate lattes though

Nekder, Nozzer, Bastard, Fuckface . I answer to anything Rifes!

:alf:

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 10, 2023, 02:17:55 PMHey i hope these lads go out there and play and shut me right up.

But i just dont "feel it".

They might just shut you right up!

But it won't last!

:supremeleader:

BoroRedKen

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 10, 2023, 03:31:18 PM
Quote from: RiversideRifle on August 10, 2023, 03:15:29 PM

Nekder, Nozzer, Bastard, Fuckface . I answer to anything Rifes!

:alf:

Noted  :sid:
UTB

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on August 10, 2023, 01:52:03 PM
Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 10, 2023, 12:43:13 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on August 10, 2023, 11:28:38 AMEngel?

Wheres Tunny when you need him??......

A know. I've seriously never heard of him or the lad from Atalanta, they could both be proper dog shit but loads are going on like they are world class potential we'll sell on for 100m each.

The problem is that if we've heard of them we can't afford them. It's shrewd recruitment like (hopefully) this, that is the way we need to play the game.

Missing the point Tel, I was focused on the euphoric giz gushing explosion, that all these prospects are going to succeed. I accept, we can't continue the way were operating.

Johnny Thunder

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on August 10, 2023, 06:27:32 PMMissing the point Tel, I was focused on the euphoric giz gushing explosion, that all these prospects are going to succeed. I accept, we can't continue the way were operating.

Understood
:bigjack

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on August 11, 2023, 07:59:56 AMI feel an announcement today.

:carrick4:

Engels the left back 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
UTB

Johnny Thunder

If this is happening, then we must be after another striker as well as Latte Lath.

If Coburn gets a decent loan and plays a full season or there abouts, I think he will be nailed on for a squad berth next season.

https://twitter.com/craig_johns/status/1689960964370673664

Westlane_rightwinger

Didn't think we'd get Latte as he'll Costa bomb 💣

Johnny Thunder

Mike Peeler

According to sky sports contract was rejected at Boro - Sounds like he has agreed to terms elsewhere - let the merry-go-round begin.

Its been on the cards lets see who they have lined up - Will it be a 'name' or a bit of an unknown - I think we need to spend on this one. No projects IMO.

tunstall

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

JUST SHOWS HOW THE CLUB TREAT THE FUCKING FANS WITH CONTEMPT 😡😡😡😡😡👎👎👎👎👎

ALL THIS CLOAK AND DAGGER IS SHITE 😡😡😡

CLUBS HAVE OFFERED 8 MILL FOR HIM... BUT BORO VALUE HIM AT 15 MILL 🙄

BEEN TOLD THE FIRST CLUB TO OFFER 10 MILL GETS HIM 😡😡😡

AND IN THE MEAN TIME OUR ONLY RECOGNISED STRIKER IS OFF BACK TO THE PIRATES ON LOAN 😡😡😡

FFS.... CAN WE SHOOT OURSELVES ANY MORE IN THE FOOT  :rav:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G