The 2023 Summer Transfer Window.

Started by Johnny Thunder, February 01, 2023, 02:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Thunder

I think our goals for was enough. Goals against cost us.
If we had Carrick from the start, we would have gone up.
The top two were way ahead of us and we hauled them back.
We almost caught Sheff Utd but the squad quality and injuries finally slowed us down.

I have faith we will be in amongst it again.

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 24, 2023, 10:37:33 AMI think our goals for was enough. Goals against cost us.
If we had Carrick from the start, we would have gone up.
The top two were way ahead of us and we hauled them back.
We almost caught Sheff Utd but the squad quality and injuries finally slowed us down.

I have faith we will be in amongst it again.

As it stands with the current squad, I would say top 8. IF we keep what we have and bring back Giles, Archer & Ramsey, then we are the real deal in my opinion.

Johnny Thunder

We have to factor in who has dropped in.

Unless there are fire sales, they are much stronger than last years top two.

It will be tougher this year. Top 8 is a sensible call Steely.

Smoggers51

I agree Johhny Thunder,We scored enough goals but at times our defence was shaky last season.In this division you cant give teams a head start on points ( When Wilder left we where only above relegation places on goal difference) Some credit should be given to Leo for steadying the ship and settling the dressing room down.I can see what Carrick is going for by setting up a team to play pacy fast football,but i still would like to see him try to bring in a couple of seasoned pro battlers to give us some physicallity on the pitch.I was concerned last season in some games how physical teams bullied us and controlled the midfield. If you cant control the midfield it make the game harder and you are chasing it all the time. Looking forward to this season ,going to be a good one.UTB!!!

Mike Peeler

Top 8-10 is where I see us at the moment. Fingers crossed any new signings or loans get me saying I can feel a top 6 push coming once the window closes and the season really starts to take off.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: tunstall on July 24, 2023, 10:13:28 AMI can see this season being the same as the previous decade or so.....not enough goals

Even with Akpom's it still wasn't enough...

Giving up a bit soon aren't you?

:supremeleader:

tunstall

Yep

Written off before the season has kicked off

That's the way, isn't it?

Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder

A bit of shit news from an ITK on oB.

Giles to Luton is about done.

They made a slightly better offer which we refused to match.

Apparently Carrick is not happy.

Could be total bollocks like.

TeessideTopgun

I'll reserve judgement until
the squad is finalised , defo need  3/4 in

tunstall

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 24, 2023, 01:51:10 PMA bit of shit news from an ITK on oB.

Giles to Luton is about done.

They made a slightly better offer which we refused to match.

Apparently Carrick is not happy.

Could be total bollocks like.

Heard the same over the weekend

Let's see where he is in a couple of years

erimus74

DocMartin, who posts on oneboro stated yesterday evening saying

I will put my head well & truly on the block at this late hour, Giles will be signing on, it is absolutely confirmed to me by someone genuinely in the know, not someone driving a digger numbered 07, nor occasionally flying an RAF glider !!

😬😁👍

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

Wait & see what today brings us, if the lad on onebore is right then we should hear snippets todays, regardless of him signing on the dotted line or not

RiversideRifle

People on that forum are worse trolls than I am  :rudi:
UTB

Nosmo-King

To me, if you have an offer from a Premier League team and you are stalling on making a decision leads me to one conclusion- his heart is set on a move elsewhere.

That is to join us! So come on, Boro - pull yer fingers out!

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Nosmo-King on July 25, 2023, 08:03:43 AMTo me, if you have an offer from a Premier League team and you are stalling on making a decision leads me to one conclusion- his heart is set on a move elsewhere.

That is to join us! So come on, Boro - pull yer fingers out!

I was expecting him to sign for Luton yesterday, and thought 'Hello' summats up here when he didn't. I would say he wants to be here and we are still negotiating. I'd certainly take the positive from him not signing for Luton yesterday.

TeessideTopgun

The club and Chubba have a massive decision to make this season. If Chubba believes he can recreate last seasons performances at a higher level then good luck to the lad , however one season in a team set up around him does not guarantee the same success elsewhere, especially when it is so well documented how he plays .
As for the club , do they hang on to a valuable asset who may or may not recreate last season, cash in now while his stock is high , or play out his current contract ????

Decisions Decisions Decisions

But whatever happens looking forward ( as always) to the new season

UTB 👍

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Its the hope that kills ya.....!!

:alf:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

I THINK UNI EMERY HAS BEEN ASSESING ARCHER AND RAMSEY ON THERE PRE SEASON TOUR AND I DON'T THINK HE SEES THEM AS FIRST TEAM PLAYERS THIS SEASON 🤔🤔🤔

SO IT LOOKS LIKE THE PAIR OF THEM ARE GOING TO BE LOANED OUT FOR THE SEASON 👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on July 25, 2023, 09:56:03 AMI THINK UNI EMERY HAS BEEN ASSESING ARCHER AND RAMSEY ON THERE PRE SEASON TOUR AND I DON'T THINK HE SEES THEM AS FIRST TEAM PLAYERS THIS SEASON 🤔🤔🤔

SO IT LOOKS LIKE THE PAIR OF THEM ARE GOING TO BE LOANED OUT FOR THE SEASON 👍

If we get Giles, Archer & Ramsey back through the door with what we currently have, I do believe we are good enough to have a proper go this season.

Johnny Thunder

Quote from: TeessideTopgun on July 25, 2023, 09:18:40 AMThe club and Chubba have a massive decision to make this season. If Chubba believes he can recreate last seasons performances at a higher level then good luck to the lad , however one season in a team set up around him does not guarantee the same success elsewhere, especially when it is so well documented how he plays .
As for the club , do they hang on to a valuable asset who may or may not recreate last season, cash in now while his stock is high , or play out his current contract ????

Decisions Decisions Decisions

But whatever happens looking forward ( as always) to the new season

UTB 👍

If Chuba doesn't sign a new contract, we have to sell him in this window.
We are not financially secure enough to allow a possible 10-15 million asset walk away on a free.

Nosmo-King

Had a look at a Luton board someone posted Giles is coming to us. Mind you don't know if that's a fact or opinion!

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

TO BE QUITE HONEST IT'S ALL GETTING A BIT TEDIOUS AND PISSING ME RIGHT OFF 😡😡😡

I'VE BEEN IN A BAD MOOD SINCE I CAME HOME SO I NEED TO START READING SOMETHING POSITIVE 😡😡😡

I'LL ALSO GIVE YOU A GOOD STATEMENT AND THE BEST TRUTH YOU WILL EVER HEAR 👍💪💪💪👍

NEVER PUT THE FUCKING KEY TO YOUR HAPPYNESS IN SOME OTHER CUNTS POCKET 👎😡👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

tunstall

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on July 25, 2023, 06:12:51 PMTO BE QUITE HONEST IT'S ALL GETTING A BIT TEDIOUS AND PISSING ME RIGHT OFF 😡😡😡

I'VE BEEN IN A BAD MOOD SINCE I CAME HOME SO I NEED TO START READING SOMETHING POSITIVE 😡😡😡

I'LL ALSO GIVE YOU A GOOD STATEMENT AND THE BEST TRUTH YOU WILL EVER HEAR 👍💪💪💪👍

NEVER PUT THE FUCKING KEY TO YOUR HAPPYNESS IN SOME OTHER CUNTS POCKET 👎😡👎

Well.....we haven't signed Steffen....