The 2023 Summer Transfer Window.

Started by Johnny Thunder, February 01, 2023, 02:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Thunder

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 10, 2023, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 10, 2023, 04:26:19 PMHe wants to stay but the pay rise he wants is out of the question. Rumoured to be 60-80k per week he is after.

So basically he doesn't want to stay.

He isn't getting that, not a chance. Its probably his last big payday contract so its understandable he will be wanting a bumper contract.

Spot on Steely. It's a fuckin massive gamble for us though. If we spunk that sort of money into a four year contract for him and he is a one season wonder, we have another fuckin Assombalonga on our books.

I don't for one minute think he is, but that is the dilemma we face.

Johnny Thunder

https://twitter.com/Boro/status/1679051180943474690

I didn't expect that. He was one of the players I thought may be moved on.

tunstall

Good to see him stay to be honest

erimus74

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 12, 2023, 10:02:14 AMhttps://twitter.com/Boro/status/1679051180943474690

I didn't expect that. He was one of the players I thought may be moved on.

Me too Johhny, happy with that

I was just reading this on the gazette website 👍

Redsteel (Moderator)

I like Crooksy, good to have him in the squad.

Johnny Thunder

Absolutely. I think he has a big presence and personality that is vital in a happy squad.

RiversideRifle

Good lad is crooksy and he knows where the onion sack is
UTB

Smoggers51

Like you Erimus I thought Crooks would've moved on but I'm glad he has decided to stay.He brings positivity to the squad and is willing to play in a few positions.I would like to see if possible a couple of more experienced players brought in to help the young squad along,For example a Bobby Murdoch type player who can read the game and hold the back line.

erimus74

Quote from: Smoggers51 on July 12, 2023, 12:32:40 PMLike you Erimus I thought Crooks would've moved on but I'm glad he has decided to stay.He brings positivity to the squad and is willing to play in a few positions.I would like to see if possible a couple of more experienced players brought in to help the young squad along,For example a Bobby Murdoch type player who can read the game and hold the back line.
Wow, Bobby Murdoch, now there's a blast from the past

TeessideTopgun

Crooks staying ( probably realising  he will be used mainly from the bench ) is a massive statement . Hopefully he is happy to be part of MC's vision for the future .

UTB 👍

erimus74

A few snapshots of the different Boro stats I've compiled over the past few years

Johnny Thunder

Smoggers51

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

If true I would expect him to sign for us, cracking bit of business IMO

Redsteel (Moderator)

I would say long term we are a better bet than Luton, it all depends on whether the lad wants a season in the prem or not. OneBoro saying he unliked a comment that said join boro and not Luton. If true, there could be some truth in the rumours.

Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder

Rumour that we are interested in Jamie Jones. Out of contract keeper last at Wigan.

Looks like Roberts is on his way if so.

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 17, 2023, 03:43:22 PMhttps://twitter.com/Boro/status/1680945561967423489

:leo1:  :leo3:  :leo2:

Good to see the lad is committed  :carrick2:

From what I've heard, Fry is home bird, doesn't want to be away anywhere else. Unless it's a top club that comes calling he will stay all his career. Fair enough, if you are happy in your work and personnel life.

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 17, 2023, 03:56:10 PMRumour that we are interested in Jamie Jones. Out of contract keeper last at Wigan.

Looks like Roberts is on his way if so.

He looked good but obviously not fancied.

Johnny Thunder

It must be all about playing out from the back.
Sell our number three for a fee and replace with a free.

:money:

erimus74

Quote from: Redsteel (moderator) on July 17, 2023, 03:57:26 PM
Quote from: Johnny Thunder on July 17, 2023, 03:43:22 PMhttps://twitter.com/Boro/status/1680945561967423489

:leo1:  :leo3:  :leo2:

Good to see the lad is committed  :carrick2:

From what I've heard, Fry is home bird, doesn't want to be away anywhere else. Unless it's a top club that comes calling he will stay all his career. Fair enough, if you are happy in your work and personnel life.

Great to see, if only he was not so injury prone then we have one outstanding player on our hands, mind if that were the case he most likely would have moved on by now