BOXSETS WATCHED

Started by Redsteel (Moderator), July 05, 2022, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsteel (Moderator)

Started watching The Sympathizer about 5 episodes in. Based on a true story. Downy Jr is quality in it.

tonyangelino

That's about where i stopped watching it Steely, started getting a bit silly for me

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: tonyangelino on July 12, 2024, 03:26:26 PMThat's about where i stopped watching it Steely, started getting a bit silly for me

Ah right. Only two episodes to go so I'm sticking with it.

TommyDickfingers

Mayor of Kingstown

Part way through series 1, really enjoying it but Kingstown is a grim place.............like a septic version of Stockton

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 22, 2024, 07:48:48 AMMayor of Kingstown

Part way through series 1, really enjoying it but Kingstown is a grim place.............like a septic version of Stockton

Stick with it TD its really good. I'm just waiting for all of season 3 to finish, then I'll do the lot.

tunstall

Started off ok, got better, then kind of died off

Still a lot better than some of the shite the yanks knock out

Johnny Thunder

What a fuckin excellent thread.

Well done everyone.

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: Redsteel (Moderator) on July 22, 2024, 12:00:50 PM
Quote from: TommyDickfingers on July 22, 2024, 07:48:48 AMMayor of Kingstown

Stick with it TD its really good. I'm just waiting for all of season 3 to finish, then I'll do the lot.

Finished season 1...........hmmm, bit conflicted as the middle episodes were cracking but the last two turned into Call of Duty

Hound

PIGLETS.

Started watching this as there seemed to be a few funny bits in the trailer.
My advice would be just watch the trailer a couple of times cos the series itself is fuckin shite.

Johnny Thunder

Fuckin superb this thread.

:carrick4:

FranzeFerdind

Supacell is pretty decent on netflix

RiversideRifle

If yer haven't seen the boys then get it watched
UTB

Redsteel (Moderator)

We Were The Lucky One's.

Very good drama about a Jewish Polish Family torn apart during WW2. True Story as well, which made some of the viewing hard to watch. You'll know the parts I'm talking about if you watch it. It's on Hulu, for those interested.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Kleo on Netflix is very watchable series about a lady Stasi assassin out for revenge post wall

Bit of humour as well

Johnny Thunder

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

ZiEgE

Apologies if this show has already been mentioned (I haven't read through all 17 pages of this thread).

I've just watched a bloody brilliant Aussie show called "Mr Inbetween".

It follows Ray Shoestring who's a doorman/hitman, the story is fantastic and genuinely moving at times.

It was on FX and Disney plus but I torrent downloaded it because I hate Disney.

Give it a shot I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: ZiEgE on August 14, 2024, 05:33:02 PMApologies if this show has already been mentioned (I haven't read through all 17 pages of this thread).

I've just watched a bloody brilliant Aussie show called "Mr Inbetween".

It follows Ray Shoestring who's a doorman/hitman, the story is fantastic and genuinely moving at times.

It was on FX and Disney plus but I torrent downloaded it because I hate Disney.

Give it a shot I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Think it has been mentioned, and yes it's a great show.

tunstall

Johnny Thunder

Ye I enjoyed that one too.

tunstall

There was another Aussie one called Boy Draws Universe (or something like that)

That's worth a watch

RiversideRifle

UTB

tonyangelino

The New Look. Sounds a girly subject, Dior and Chanel but its set during WW2 and not bad. What a cunt Chanel was, never realised.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18177528/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_in_0_q_the%2520new%2520l

TommyDickfingers

Colin from Accounts

Smashed through series 1 ............ outstanding tele

9.5/10

tunstall

Slow Horses is mint