Watford v Boro match report

Started by erimus74, October 03, 2024, 10:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clem Fandango

- I've been impressed with him so far this season but I think Morris had a poor game.  Both goals came from an area our defensive midfielder should be in.
- Lath is looking like a half season wonder at the moment.  Time for a different striker - Forss or Conway.  I wish we had kept Coburn.
- Hackney and Ayling were off form today too. 
- Jones and Mcgree unfortunately offered very little.
- Hamilton is turd and Doak faded (although they stacked his side knowing we would offer nothing down the left)
- Dieng should have done better with the goals in particular the first one.
- Azaz had a good game but weirdly turns into a baby lamb when it's time to shoot.

All that said we should have won comfortably - it was in our hands.

:carrick3:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WHEN I SEEN MCGREE ON THE BENCH I JUST KNEW WE WHERE NOT GONNA WIN THE GAME 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

FFS.....
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Totally gutted, but its just the life of being a Boro fan, typical Boro

tunstall

Threw it away by the sound of things

Latte Lath needs dropping, give someone else a go for a good few games

teamboro

Agree need someone different up front now Forss is back Carrick had no excuse not playing him upfront
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Nosmo-King

We were so comfortable and really added to our own woes. Once more totally exposed down our left flank.Really need to tighten up. This passing teams to death with no end product cost us and gave them confidence. Disappointing.

fukyu

Second goal for them should have been blocked by a defender, we'll be lucky to make the Play offs,dropping too many easy points. :carrick3:

RiversideRifle

Managed to get the stream working in the second. We bossed it but we really need to take our chances. Can't afford to blow it this year
UTB

Nosmo-King

This game dominance with endless passes is easy on the eye and generally easy to defend.

Without any real penetration, Watford largely sat back to hit us on the counter.

For 75 mins it worked. And we then had subs on that were not effective - unlike there's.

All in all a game for the taking - but we really gave them ways back into the game not really deserved.

But the game we play offers chances to the opposition to smash and grab. Today proved to be one of these examples

Nosmo-King

I see Doak appears to be questioned on other forums. His final ball needs working on.However I will defend the young man - he will at least take on and try to beat a defender.

Something in very short supply in our team........

Kippers

Quote from: Nosmo-King on October 05, 2024, 10:10:25 PMI see Doak appears to be questioned on other forums. His final ball needs working on.However I will defend the young man - he will at least take on and try to beat a defender.

Something in very short supply in our team........

To be fair, the Watford left back had Doak in his pocket !

Kippers

That was a very damaging defeat.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

DIENG SHOULD HAVE HAD THE FIRST...TOO SLOW TO GET DOWN...WENT UNDER HIS ARM...DROP HIM BRING IN BRYNN

AND THE SECONND WAS MORE SLOPPY DEFENDING 😡😡😡😡😡😡 4 DEFENDERS AROUND 1 PLAYER WHO SCORED

OUR STRIKER...STRIKERS ARE NOT DOING THE BUSINESS 👎👎👎

LATH NEEDS DROPPING....
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

DIENG BEEN POOR THIS SEASON AND HE BE ON INTERNATIONAL DUTY THIS WEEKEND...TIME TO GIVE SOL BRYNN HIS LEAGUE HOME DEBUT AGAINST BRISTOL CITY 👍💪💪💪👍

20241006-094031" border="0
20241006-094020" border="0
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

In With the Lurpak

A 5th of the way into the season sitting mid table.

Mackems at the top  :redcard: a team who just spent a few seasons down in League 1. If they get promoted before the Boro it can only show the club needs a change at the very top.   

erimus74

Absolutely gutted this morning

Where do we start, we struggled to break the deadlock after failing to convert one or two golden op but once we did I expected us to go on & win, not collapse like a pack of cards

In the end we got what we deserved

Bud Wiser

Quote from: erimus74 on October 06, 2024, 09:57:42 AMAbsolutely gutted this morning

Where do we start, we struggled to break the deadlock after failing to convert one or two golden op but once we did I expected us to go on & win, not collapse like a pack of cards

We didn't so much collapse like a pack of cards. Watford improved massively with their changes, whereas we made three very predictable like-for-like substitutions changing nothing!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

Quote from: Bud Wiser on October 06, 2024, 10:05:04 AM
Quote from: erimus74 on October 06, 2024, 09:57:42 AMAbsolutely gutted this morning

We didn't so much collapse like a pack of cards. Watford improved massively with their changes, whereas we made three very predictable like-for-like substitutions changing nothing!

Yes, cant disagree with that one bit

Ayton Mews

2 points off the playoffs 👍🏻👍🏻

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

teamboro

Quote from: Ayton Mews on October 06, 2024, 10:11:58 AM2 points off the playoffs 👍🏻👍🏻
Positive words reported :redcard:

Need someone different up front Lath not doing it
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Ayton Mews

His work rate and pressing is still superb, but it's just not happening for him in front of goal at the moment.

Nice composed finish yesterday for the one he was offside for 🙄

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Ayton Mews on October 06, 2024, 10:11:58 AM2 points off the playoffs 👍🏻👍🏻

Never thought of it like that.  :cloughy:

Multi-£million spending Oxford United - only 4 points off the play-offs!  :unbelievable:
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on October 06, 2024, 07:02:23 AMA 5th of the way into the season sitting mid table.

Mackems at the top  :redcard: a team who just spent a few seasons down in League 1. If they get promoted before the Boro it can only show the club needs a change at the very top.