Middlesbrough v Stoke City match thread

Started by erimus74, September 24, 2024, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: erimus74 on September 27, 2024, 08:10:26 AMDuring pre-season the talk seemed to be that Howson, at the age of 36, looked after himself really well, but his body cant continue to take the level of work the championship throws at you each week, would become a bit part player, needed as & when, which seemed a sensible option, keeping his experience to come off the bench
It seems his presence is needed on the pitch as much as ever & we still dont seem to have a voice in the team, a Lenihan, Smith etc

Howson pulled all the strings season after season. Boro's best player .

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

2 MORE PLAYERS INJURED  🙄🙄🙄

FORGET ABOUT GOING UP THIS SEASON...THIS INJURY SHIT CANNOT ALL BE BAD LUCK 😡😡😡
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Clem Fandango

Didn't they investigate the training pitches last year because of too many injuries?  Looks like they need to investigate the investigation.  Something is fucked up.

This is too many similar injuries for it to be a coincidence.

:carrick3:

Clem Fandango

Doak looking good - nice and direct.

Goals at both ends in this.

Clem Fandango

Eastcoastred

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Clem Fandango

tonyangelino

Don't think you'll see a softer booking than Hackney's this season

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

HOPE THIS AIN'T GONNA BE ANOTHER PRESTON LIKE 🙄🙄🙄

Screenshot-20240928-214938-Samsung-Internet" border="0
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Eastcoastred

Good first half we're well in control, the referee is a bit quick pulling the yellow card out,,
More of the same BORO in the second half

Clem Fandango

Decent performance so far.  McGree and Doak making a difference.  Azaz hasn't been too bad to be fair and Borges actually went past a player.   :mick:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: tonyangelino on September 28, 2024, 03:49:55 PMDon't think you'll see a softer booking than Hackney's this season

WAY HE GOING HE'S GONNA GET SENT OFF 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Clem Fandango

Eastcoastred

teamboro

TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Redsteel (Moderator)

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

GOOD STRIKE FROM OUTSIDE THE BOX FROM HACKNEY...ASSIST BY MCGREE ⚽️⚽️💪💪💪
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

teamboro

That was a better game and result roll on Tuesday
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Redsteel (Moderator)

Doak and Mcgree made a huge difference there, have to be starting all the time if available. Azaz, time to drop him, poor again for me. Onwards n upwards, UTB

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

MCGREE AND DOAK MADE THE DIFFERENCE...BUT VERY POOR STOKE TEAM SO LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY....WBA LOST AT SHEFF WED SO THEY WILL BE UP FOR IT TUESDAY 👍

FB-IMG-1727539263415" border="0
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Over the moon with that performance, worthy winbers with McGree, Doak & Dijksteel stand out in the first half, wasnt up to going at 12 but decided to get meself to the game & so glad I did, half way home from the ground, nice walk, a Boro win is the best tonic you can have

Dont think we had a player who didn't give 100%, cracking save from Dieng when the game was 0-0

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: erimus74 on September 28, 2024, 05:46:27 PMOver the moon with that performance, worthy winbers with McGree, Doak & Dijksteel stand out in the first half, wasnt up to going at 12 but decided to get meself to the game & so glad I did, half way home from the ground, nice walk, a Boro win is the best tonic you can have

Dont think we had a player who didn't give 100%, cracking save from Dieng when the game was 0-0

HAD MCGREE DOAK & DIJKSTEEL IN MY TEAM...THEY CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE 👍👍👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Ref was awful, when you're card happy ref like he was this afternoon, there comes a time when you need to book someone on a card & dont because he would have been given a red, he put himself into that situation, awful official

erimus74

Quote from: tonyangelino on September 28, 2024, 03:49:55 PMDon't think you'll see a softer booking than Hackney's this season

It was pathetic, but consistent with such an awful official