Middlesbrough v Stoke City match thread

Started by erimus74, September 24, 2024, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

During pre-season the talk seemed to be that Howson, at the age of 36, looked after himself really well, but his body cant continue to take the level of work the championship throws at you each week, would become a bit part player, needed as & when, which seemed a sensible option, keeping his experience to come off the bench
It seems his presence is needed on the pitch as much as ever & we still dont seem to have a voice in the team, a Lenihan, Smith etc

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

MCGREE IS A STRANGE ONE...WHY DON'T THE CLUB TELL US....IS HE FUCKING INJURED AGAIN OR DOES CARRICK HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HIM...EITHER WAY HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD...WE WOUJD HAVE GOT A FEW BOB FOR HIM....SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT NO WONDER...THE CUNTS ALWAYS FUCKING INJURED 🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on September 27, 2024, 08:16:06 AMMCGREE IS A STRANGE ONE...WHY DON'T THE CLUB TELL US....IS HE FUCKING INJURED AGAIN OR DOES CARRICK HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HIM...EITHER WAY HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD...WE WOUJD HAVE GOT A FEW BOB FOR HIM....SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT NO WONDER...THE CUNTS ALWAYS FUCKING INJURED 🙄🙄🙄

I mentioned the very thing, for me when he's fit he's in our starting eleven every week, but since he's been here he must have been consistent for not being available, he's missed so much football, it seems when he picks up a knock/niggle he doesn't go missing for a week, month or so, it just seems he picks up a knock he can't shake it off & seems forever

Really hope he starts tomorrow

ZiEgE

MASSIVE MASIVE GAME

We win and we can build and go forward.

Any other result and where do we go from there?

tunstall

Quote from: ZiEgE on September 27, 2024, 11:51:53 AMMASSIVE MASIVE GAME

We win and we can build and go forward.

Any other result and where do we go from there?

I agree with this

It'll be a right kick in the bollocks if we draw or lose this one

Bud Wiser

Boro 20 Stoke 0

Thats passes back to the keeper. Well what else did you think I was on about?
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

ZiEgE

If we got goals for possession, we'd win this 6-3.

Kippers

Will we carry over psychological issues from our thrashing a few weeks ago ?

erimus74

Are we up for the game today!

Will we see a suprises on the teamsheet, McGree to start, Doak to start, Barlasar to start, ELL benched?

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: erimus74 on September 28, 2024, 09:35:06 AMAre we up for the game today!

Will we see a suprises on the teamsheet, McGree to start, Doak to start, Barlasar to start, ELL benched?

Nope.

Guessing it will be more of the same unfortunately

erimus74

Quote from: TommyDickfingers on September 28, 2024, 09:38:40 AM
Quote from: erimus74 on September 28, 2024, 09:35:06 AMAre we up for the game today!

Nope.

Guessing it will be more of the same unfortunately

Yes I tend to agree, just if he shakes things up a bit fans can buy into this two players for each position is believable if used correctly, not just to cover injuries/suspensions but lack of form

erimus74

Sir Bruce following our win over Stoke in 1987

erimus74

Apparently Conway is out with an hamster injury, we just seemed to be cursed

erimus74

The next time Ben Gibson plays it will mark his career milestone of 400 club games, if selected to play for Stoke City today, quite an achievement

It goes without saying, well done Ben, but hopefully not a milestone to remember

Nosmo-King

I know my prediction is 0-2 today.i really really hope I am wrong. A win for us is desperate. So come on Boro get your arses into gear!!

TommyDickfingers

Quote from: erimus74 on September 28, 2024, 10:59:16 AMApparently Conway is out with an hamster injury, we just seemed to be cursed

That might be a blessing in disguise, I don't think him and ELL in the same team is working personally

Too Much Perspective

Quote from: erimus74 on September 28, 2024, 10:59:16 AMApparently Conway is out with an hamster injury, we just seemed to be cursed
Bad news that. Just can't see where we have any kind of threat at the minute. Would be nice if Lath and Hackney could find some form. This is the only league match this season where I'm pretty certain we're getting beat. Their new manager will have spent the last week doing his homework on us. We'll have the bulk of possession and they'll hit us a couple of times on the break/sloppy pass. 2 nil to them.   

erimus74

Clarke out too apparently another hamstring injury, whats up with that training ground

Clem Fandango

Quote from: erimus74 on September 28, 2024, 01:43:08 PMClarke out too apparently another hamstring injury, whats up with that training ground
Terrible news. :rav:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

SAID HE WOULD DROP JONES 👍👍👍⚽️

FB-IMG-1727528517105" border="0
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Clem Fandango

Should have dropped Azaz too.   :carrick3:

teamboro

TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

UNLESS MCGREE PLAYS A BLINDER...I JUST CANNOT SEE THAT TEAM WINNING AT ALL 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Nosmo-King

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on September 28, 2024, 02:14:06 PMUNLESS MCGREE PLAYS A BLINDER...I JUST CANNOT SEE THAT TEAM WINNING AT ALL 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Agreed Lids. Defence does not bode well to offer confidence