Sunderland v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, September 17, 2024, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayton Mews

It's pretty frustrating to watch at the moment.

Mams Spaghetti

Quote from: Clem Fandango on September 21, 2024, 01:48:46 PM
Quote from: Mams Spaghetti on September 21, 2024, 01:48:05 PMTell me again about how Hackney is worth 20 million?
Yeah he's having a shocker today.  This season he has been shit.

Why does he think he belongs in the Premiership - start bossing the championship first pal or better still one game - bang average player!

Hound

Toothless display today,
Not good enough.

teamboro

TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Clem Fandango

erimus74

We do seem to waste more time knocking the ball around at the back between 3, 4 defenders/keeper than the opposing keeper in the last two home games who feigned an injury

We're struggling to score & panic defending

fukyu

New Division

Same old shite. It's like watching the same game every week

Clem Fandango

Quote from: New Division on September 21, 2024, 02:42:29 PMSame old shite. It's like watching the same game every week
It is.  A few opposition managers have commented pre-game about how we will set up and play.  We are totally predictable and team's know how to beat us.  Carrick has no Plan B.  This is 100% on him.

teamboro

Bet is Carrick's first words can't fault the lads  :rudi2:
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

TheWalker

If I was watching that as a neutral I would have switched over to the cricket-was an awful game between 2 at best average teams

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WATCHED IT LIVE IN MY MATES BAR...FCUK...THEY WHERE POOR....WE WHERE EVEN POORER...THERE'S SOME PLAYERS THERE WHO NEED A FUCKING RIGHT GOOD KICK UP THE FUCKING ARSE 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

THEM BORO PLAYERS TODAY SHOULD REIMBURSE THE MONEY THE FANS SPENT WATCHING THAT SHITE  🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Quote from: teamboro on September 21, 2024, 02:46:24 PMBet is Carrick's first words can't fault the lads  :rudi2:

Probably will be too

Hound

Quote from: TheWalker on September 21, 2024, 02:48:30 PMIf I was watching that as a neutral I would have switched over to the cricket-was an awful game between 2 at best average teams

Utter shite,
Total of 3 shots on target from both teams.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: teamboro on September 21, 2024, 02:46:24 PMBet is Carrick's first words can't fault the lads  :rudi2:

SAYS IT WEEK IN WEEK OUT... I CAN TELL YOU SOMETHING....HE IS NOT GOING TO GET US IN THE PLAY OFFS 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Too Much Perspective

Lath starting to look suspiciously like a one season wonder.
Burgzorg, I don't see the point of.
It's a calamity on the left side - we'll get tortured there all season at this rate. Is there no left backs on the books who aren't shit?     

Bud Wiser

No complaints from me. If someone had told me in July that it would take until our sixth game of the season before we deservedly DIDN'T get three points I'd have snapped their fucking hands off!!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Clem Fandango on September 21, 2024, 02:44:48 PM
Quote from: New Division on September 21, 2024, 02:42:29 PMSame old shite. It's like watching the same game every week
It is.  A few opposition managers have commented pre-game about how we will set up and play.  We are totally predictable and team's know how to beat us.  Carrick has no Plan B.  This is 100% on him.

Correct. We were played like a fiddle.

Bud Wiser

But lets accentuate the positive, Borges was miles better than what he showed against Preston and, err...

Sir Digby

Got treat like animals getting into the ground. Always expect it but for some reason they seemed to be more cuntish today.Poor twat in front of me got sent away because he had a flag. Normal Boro flag folded up but fuck him eh?
Best team first half but second we were shite. Still better than them though

Sir Digby

£6.50 for a pint of shite as well. Got a big round in and couldn't handle it so dashed off for bottles.
Joke of a club

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

BURZORG NOT FOR ME....HUDDERSFIELD FANS TOLD US HE WAS SHIT....WOULD RATHER SEE COBURN COME ON....LETTING HIM GO ON LOAN WAS FUCKING STUPID...CARRICK AIN'T TOO BRIGHT....DOAK IS A PREM PLAYER AND HE STILL WON'T START HIM 👎😡😡😡👎

HE DOESN'T LIKE PLAYING KIDS IT SEEMS UNLIKE THE SUNLUN MANAGER WHO HAD A 17 YEAR OLD SCORE A CLASS GOAL  :rav:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

YES YOU KEEP SAYING THIS WEEK AFTER WEEK WHEN WE KEEP LOSING 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

FB-IMG-1726997295654" border="0
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Michael Carrick should say it as he sees it, not trying to make out something that wasn't there, they were happy for us to have the ball knowing we wouldn't hurt them, we wouldn't have scored in a month of Sunday's, you don't win games by just passing the ball around between players with nothing at the end of it, he's on a slippery slope if he's trying to kid Boro fans. I really want Carrick to succeed here & thought his signing a new contract was the best bit of business in the summer, with the players brought in I was really excited for the upcoming season, it could still be an exciting season, always say judge a team after 10 games but the last two games, dear me

I thought we were unlucky to have not beaten Portsmouth, Derby away too, we  had enough chances/shots at goal in both games to have registered a win, we should have been out of sight before Preston scored, all buts & maybe's I know but then what we witnessed in both second half's against Preston & Sunderland was awful, we were slow, ponderous & predictable, any opposing team set up right can defend against that all day long

Both previous managers spoke to the media on how we'll set up & what to expect during the game & both got their rewards. I would say it's not just the Boro who people say may have ben sussed out, any teams coaches can watch the opposition over a number of games knowing where their strengths & weaknesses are, its up to us to change our approach to games, we were full value for our lead against Preston but once they scored I did worry about us getting back in front

I would say the Championship seems to be the weakest its been for a number of years, no one with parachute payment will run away with the league, if I was a betting man I would say Burnley will be the strongest but they're still inconsistent, maybe they'll pick up, but after them, who?

Why not the Boro, which is more frustrating given the fixtures we've had that we sit in 12th place & so far we haven't shown why we should be considered as a promotion threat, or top 6 for that matter

We're relying on two fragile players returning in McGree & Forss, don't get me wrong, they are in our starting eleven when fit & available, who we know will go missing again for a vast number of games & there is the issue, he has to find the team to take us forward with the group of players he currently has at his disposal.

Could be a confidence thing with ELL, he's still a constant threat & maybe a brace next Saturday will see the player from last season, lets hope so