Sunderland v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, September 17, 2024, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

I see their new manager is confirming it's not a derby too,
Of course he's right, a derby usually has one team living in the other teams shadow, and as Sunderland have been in Newcastles shadow for as long as most Sunderland fans have lived, they don't need another "derby"

:ray:

Johnny Thunder

erimus74

Quote from: Hound on September 20, 2024, 08:31:17 AMI see their new manager is confirming it's not a derby too,
Of course he's right, a derby usually has one team living in the other teams shadow, and as Sunderland have been in Newcastles shadow for as long as most Sunderland fans have lived, they don't need another "derby"

:ray:

Michael Beale, one of their previous managers, said something similar, think its to appease the deluded mackems. Strange really, its as if their obsessed media want to play down that as they usually play second fiddle to us & that they'll only have any rivalry with Newcastle due to the fact they both play in stripes they try & make out it doesn't matter against us, ok then & after loads of 'we hate Boro' chants we believe you

Too Much Perspective

For me, playing them is a bit like New Years Eve: supposed to be a big deal, but I'm just not all that arsed about them if I'm totally honest. Wouldn't even put the SoL in my list of top away days.

erimus74

29/9/1971 - Willie Whigham's final Boro game was away to Sunderland at Roker Park in a 4-1 defeat - Johnny Vincent scored our goal

Nosmo-King

What amuses me is everytime we play them there's pages and pages saying it's not a Derby.

Seems to me they are trying to convince themselves - twice a year.....

Sad sacks

erimus74

Quote from: Nosmo-King on September 20, 2024, 04:21:55 PMWhat amuses me is everytime we play them there's pages and pages saying it's not a Derby.

Seems to me they are trying to convince themselves - twice a year.....

Sad sacks

I was at work one sunday morning having a cup of tea from my Boro mug, the day after they beat us 2-0 when Fry was wrongly sent off

A young Sunderland walked in & said, does that say 2-0 on it Gordon, I replied, you deserved to win Joe, but it was your cup final

He got a bit irate & said, but its not even a derby, I never said it was son, they try to convince themselves its not & to sound cool, 😉

erimus74

The same lad, who is a lovely lad BTW, but sort of tunnel vision as he thinks they're too good for the Championship

Anyway, like the season before he was on nights for the game, I was on my first day back, on the sunday

I walked into the mess room & the first thing he said to me, the ref spoilt the game with the sending off (although he should have received a straight red earlier in the game)
Anyway I said to him that when Fry was, wrongly, sent off the game was 0-0 & they were awarded a penalty going on to win 2-0, he never mentioned then the ref spoilt the game, strange fans

erimus74

erimus74

Hull won 3-1 at Stoke City tonight, not that I rate Stoke they are another club with no direction, apart from battering us in the league cup that is, think this season is the worst the Championship has been for a number of seasons, it's a weak division, this season does feel like we have an excellent opportunity to break into the top 2

Burnley will be up there all season & after that a group of 4 maybe 5 teams can mount a challenge for either of the top 2 places but we need to convert the numerous chances, we have to put to bed teams that have frustrated Carrick since he arrived here

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: erimus74 on September 20, 2024, 11:03:16 PMHull won 3-1 at Stoke City tonight,

I backed them @7/1 when they were losing 1 - 0 . Not a lot of money I just had a feeling they would come back, Sure enough it went 1 - 1 then 1 - 2 Hull. They offered 5 times my stake in a cash out what I took I should have left it with about 20 mins to go as they then went on to score again. wins a win all the same.

Sunderland are 29/20 for the home win for a team up at the top and playing at home that is a very good price.

Bet today for me Trooper Bisdee @100/30 in the 15.55 Newmarket race.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

HEARD A LITTLE WHISPER OF THE STARTING 11 WHEN ON THE PHONE TO MY MATE...

DIENG
AYLING  CAPTAIN
EDMUNDSON
CLARKE
HACKNEY
MORRIS
BORGES
DOAK
CONWAY
AZAZ
LATH

💪💪💪💪💪💪💪U.T.F.B.
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TeessideTopgun

erimus74

Quote from: TeessideTopgun on September 21, 2024, 08:19:39 AMThink Jones will start 😉

Me too, I would be very suprised if Jones doesn't start

erimus74

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on September 21, 2024, 02:59:40 AM
Quote from: erimus74 on September 20, 2024, 11:03:16 PMHull won 3-1 at Stoke City tonight,

I backed them @7/1 when they were losing 1 - 0 . Not a lot of money I just had a feeling they would come back, Sure enough it went 1 - 1 then 1 - 2 Hull. They offered 5 times my stake in a cash out what I took I should have left it with about 20 mins to go as they then went on to score again. wins a win all the same.

Sunderland are 29/20 for the home win for a team up at the top and playing at home that is a very good price.

Just looked to see how Giles played & noticed he was an unused sub
Was he inured, lack of form or what

Haven't really took any notice regarding him at Hull other than when we were linked with him & their chairman finally saying hes not going anywhere

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: erimus74 on September 21, 2024, 08:52:28 AM

Haven't really took any notice regarding him at Hull other than when we were linked with him & their chairman finally saying hes not going anywhere

LACK OF FORM...NOT BEEN PLAYING WELL AT ALL...
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on September 21, 2024, 08:54:33 AM

LACK OF FORM...NOT BEEN PLAYING WELL AT ALL...

Cheers Lids

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

LET'S HOPE THE AWAY KIT BRINGS US LUCK .....💪💪💪💪💪💪💪⚽️🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

FB-IMG-1726905302389" border="0
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TeessideTopgun

Watched a bit of the game last week , he looked like a fish out of water

Hound

I will never forget the "Jamie Pollock ugly bastard" chants at Roker park, their fans were singing it constantly, then for the one and only Jamie Pollock to bundle the ball over their goal line, if I remember rightly the Boro fans then started singing it, quality night that was. 🤣🤣

erimus74

Quote from: Hound on September 21, 2024, 09:18:35 AMI will never forget the "Jamie Pollock ugly bastard" chants at Roker park, their fans were singing it constantly, then for the one and only Jamie Pollock to bundle the ball over their goal line, if I remember rightly the Boro fans then started singing it, quality night that was. 🤣🤣

😂

erimus74

Chris Riggott & Malcolm Christie, both scored in this game, two recent signings from Derby County
Christie on a permanent, Riggott signed onloan to be made a permant signing

This was both players second appearance after making their debuts away to Liverpool

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

FB-IMG-1726914681608" border="0

💪💪💪⚽️⚽️⚽️💪💪💪
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on September 21, 2024, 11:32:34 AMFB-IMG-1726914681608" border="0

💪💪💪⚽️⚽️⚽️💪💪💪

Yep we all agreed on the one change, Morris for Barlasar

C'mon Boro!