Sunderland v Boro match thread

Started by erimus74, September 17, 2024, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fukyu

Possession might look good in the stats but it doesn't win you games goals do.Unless we improve soon we're a  mid table side.

teamboro

At the moment I can't see us winning any matches we are toothless up front nobody holding the ball up nobody grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and dragging us forwards they keep going backwards which is frustrating no urgency to score goals bloody frustrating
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Redsteel (Moderator)

Shite game yesterday was it lads  :charles:

teamboro

Quote from: Redsteel (Moderator) on September 22, 2024, 12:20:27 PMShite game yesterday was it lads  :charles:
Been frustrating for a few games not just yesterday
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

erimus74

Seems managers have instructed their players, both previous keepers to the Riverside feigning injuries & booked for time wasting, along woth a few mackem players yesterday going down & pretending to be injured just to waste time, disrupt our pattern & frustrate us & its working, Carrick now needs to work round this, for me he its almost there due to teams being frightened of us with implementing these tactics

Bud Wiser

I've never been candid over my views on Carrick. But lets leave that aside for once. After all, we were narrowly beaten by the first half-decent side we've come up against this season. No big deal there apart from the ludicrous tactics employed from minute one.
Stopping playing whilst in possession of the ball to try and tempt the opposition to break formation was as amateurish as it was embarrassing!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

FOR ME AGAINST STOKE....

I'D DROP THESE PLAYERS

HACKNEY
JONES
LATH
AZAZ

WE DEFFO ARE MISSING HOWSON BIG STYLE...HE'S A TALISMAN TOO...

DIJKSTEEL NEEDS TO START TOO...WE NEED  RVB AND LENIHAN BACK TOO....

AND I'D RESPECT CARRICK MORE IF HE CAME OUT AND TOLD US WHY MCGREE NEVER CAME OFF THE BENCH...IF HE IS STILL INJURED WHY HAVE HIM ON THERE....AND IT'S ABOUT TIME HE GAVE ONE OF THE YOUNG UNS A RUN OUT...HOW THE FUCK WE GONNA KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE IF THEY NEVER PLAY....

DOAK MUST START.....JONES NEEDS BENCHING FOR HIS OWN GOOD....FORSS IS FIT TOO NOW SO WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM BACK....A FEW PLAYERS DEFFO NEED A KICK UP THE ARSE SO FUCKING BENCH THEM 👍💪💪💪👍
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Kippers

Fine lines.
Thought that decision to stop the game when their 2 clattered into each other was outrageous.

Jones. Has good ability but is way too casual. One instance he was tearing away and just stopped and past it inside !! Is that a confidence issue. Borges. Have we just bought a player to neatly return the ball from where it came, ie Clarke ?  Get on yer bike down that wing lad !!
 Morris. We will struggle to hold onto this lad. Probably gone by January.

Nosmo-King

Having taken time to reflect on yesterday and lumping it with previous performances I really feel we are going backwards or at very best treading water.

And the blame for this is Carrick.

Looking devoid tactically, playing into the opposition's hands, easy to play against, lacking in both pace and ideas, no cutting edge, plodding and predictable we are a country mile away from what is needed.

And don't give me this bollox about possession.Thisis completely meaningless when there's no end product

Something has to change. Style of play, tactics, a realisation that what we are doing isn't and doesn't work.

Change now Carrick - or I can see him given the bullet.

It is becoming that major. The signs ain't good.

erimus74

Quote from: Kippers on September 22, 2024, 05:54:56 PMFine lines.
Thought that decision to stop the game when their 2 clattered into each other was outrageous.

Jones. Has good ability but is way too casual. One instance he was tearing away and just stopped and past it inside !! Is that a confidence issue. Borges. Have we just bought a player to neatly return the ball from where it came, ie Clarke ?  Get on yer bike down that wing lad !!
 Morris. We will struggle to hold onto this lad. Probably gone by January.

I dont think Morris will be going anywhere this season but agree, so far a great find