Boro v Stoke City match league cup thread

Started by erimus74, August 25, 2024, 02:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamboro

Glad we are going out no I'm not watching it thank god I would have damaged the TV in frustration the league is more important
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Redsteel (Moderator)

Quote from: teamboro on August 27, 2024, 08:46:41 PMGlad we are going out no I'm not watching it thank god I would have damaged the TV in frustration the league is more important

I'd be more concerned about our form as a whole recently. Its clear to see, some players are out the door by Friday, Coburn and Gilbert definites I'd say.

ZiEgE

Quote from: Redsteel (Moderator) on August 27, 2024, 08:53:12 PM
Quote from: teamboro on August 27, 2024, 08:46:41 PMGlad we are going out no I'm not watching it thank god I would have damaged the TV in frustration the league is more important

I'd be more concerned about our form as a whole recently. Its clear to see, some players are out the door by Friday, Coburn and Gilbert definites I'd say.

I think that's a fair observation. Engel looks like a player that knows he's being replaced too. (I know he only came on as a sub)

Blott

Every cloud has a silver lining. I am at work.

Kippers

The chap Hamilton from City. Paid a fair chunk of money for him.
What's he all about ?
  So far all I've seen him do is nudge the ball back to the defenders. Mind, pretty much like the rest of the midfield/forwards.

I am rather concerned regarding the rest of the season as it appears we can never play a fully fit first team.

Blott

Clem Fandango

Absolute dogshit.

With just two games before the international break we should gone for it.  We did against Leeds and we were absolutely bouncing afterwards - team and fan confidence was sky high.  We can ride a wave like that.

Today Carrick threw out a bunch of kids in a disjointed team - no way we were going to win that.

Where is the confidence now?  Yes the league is a priority but good wins in the cup build confidence that helps us in the league.

We continue to
- have no balance in the team with no threat on the left 
- finish badly
- fuck up basic defending

Dog. Shit.

Clem Fandango

Quote from: Kippers on August 27, 2024, 09:17:30 PMThe chap Hamilton from City. Paid a fair chunk of money for him.
What's he all about ?
  So far all I've seen him do is nudge the ball back to the defenders. Mind, pretty much like the rest of the midfield/forwards.

I am rather concerned regarding the rest of the season as it appears we can never play a fully fit first team.
I've seen nothing from this lad yet.  He typically gets the ball.  Stops still.  Passes it back.... and erm... thanks.

Nosmo-King

There's problems for sure. But not exclusive to on field.

Selection, tactics, motivation, ability to change a game schoolboyesque defending, woeful striking to name a few.

Organisation certainly questionable

Bud Wiser

Quote from: Eastcoastred on August 27, 2024, 08:35:39 PMCarricks team selection says he's not interested in this competition,,

And in doing so, disrespected over 17000 of us who tipped-up our hard earned to sit through this humiliating rout.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

Kippers

Not clinical enough apart from Leeds game. Very much looks like a training exercise these last few games.

Blott

Quote from: Nosmo-King on August 27, 2024, 09:39:43 PMThere's problems for sure. But not exclusive to on field.

Selection, tactics, motivation, ability to change a game schoolboyesque defending, woeful striking to name a few.

you have been waiting for this result. I knew you would be happy.  Why didn't you say the same thing after the Leeds result?

erimus74

Missed the entire match & founnd out the score at ten last night, shocked to say the least

Our biggest league cup home drubbing, 😢

Nosmo-King

Quote from: Blott on August 27, 2024, 11:22:18 PM
Quote from: Nosmo-King on August 27, 2024, 09:39:43 PMThere's problems for sure. But not exclusive to on field.

you have been waiting for this result. I knew you would be happy.  Why didn't you say the same thing after the Leeds result?

Your stupidity is there for all to see. Most people comment with honesty on what they see. You look absolutely ridiculous - top 2? This comment alone demonstrates your grasp of the situation.

It was a poor, poor performance.

Continue living in your dreamworld if that is your want. Others prefer to see and comment on what was a shambolic performance.

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on August 27, 2024, 06:54:29 PM4 - 2 Boro in a goal fest

Any points on offer for mentioning the word goal fest !!

:rudi2:

erimus74

One good omen from last nights thrashing, Stoke City knocked us out of the league cup at Ayresome Park way back in 1973

And look how that season panned out, 😉🤣

erimus74

How can Gilbert have his right head when he knows full well that no matter how he performs at best he'll be on the bench v Cardiff City

Against Leeds his performance would have earned him the MOTM

tunstall

Knew it was gonna be a bad night when I asked for a chicken balti pie.....bit into it and it was mince and onion, wankers

erimus74

Quote from: tunstall on August 28, 2024, 07:18:27 AMKnew it was gonna be a bad night when I asked for a chicken balti pie.....bit into it and it was mince and onion, wankers

Not had a mince & onion pie in years, mmmmmmnn

ZiEgE

I though a lot of the young uns looked well out of their depth.

Finch was played out of position on the right, had no pace at all and little composure for a striker.

Hunt had a decent first half but looked lost after they scored their second.

McCabe just disappeared second half, can't remember him making a tackle or interception. Barlasser didn't help him.

And then you've got Hamilton who did fuck all apart from missing that chance Gilbert created for him.

Maybe it'll be the kick up the backside we need.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: ZiEgE on August 28, 2024, 07:28:43 AMI though a lot of the young uns looked well out of their depth.

Finch was played out of position on the right, had no pace at all and little composure for a striker.

Hunt had a decent first half but looked lost after they scored their second.

McCabe just disappeared second half, can't remember him making a tackle or interception. Barlasser didn't help him.

And then you've got Hamilton who did fuck all apart from missing that chance Gilbert created for him.

Maybe it'll be the kick up the backside we need.

Disagree about Hunt, he looked like a rabbit in headlights from start to finish. Clarke was being pulled all over the place having to cover his defending as well as his own. In fairness to the lad he never went under - which could've easily happened due to his manager's reckless team selection.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

newyddion

Quote from: Blott on August 27, 2024, 09:19:01 PMWe will finish top 2.

I think we need a big increase in quality from last season for that..
HUGE increase!

If we managed to bring in Philip Belling, Nat Philips and Will Lankshear.. in the next couple of days.. then maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TheWalker

Quote from: Redsteel (Moderator) on August 27, 2024, 08:53:12 PM

Gilbert was our best player last night and should get a run in first team

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

UTTER FUCKING DOG 🐕 SHIT 💩

TOO MANY DAF CUNS...🙄🙄🙄

ON HERE BEEN GETTING CARRIED AWAY LIKE  :unbelievable: 
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

tunstall

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on August 29, 2024, 10:33:13 AMUTTER FUCKING DOG 🐕 SHIT 💩

TOO MANY DAF CUNS...🙄🙄🙄

ON HERE BEEN GETTING CARRIED AWAY LIKE  :unbelievable: 

I had to get carried OUT of the Isaac Wilson on Tuesday night...