Main Menu

Cruise ships.

Started by Nekder (Kenny), May 04, 2024, 07:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekder (Kenny)

Is it just me that would find a holiday on 1 of these floating towns abhorrent?

Bad enough the 1 just saw advertises Tony "Gold" Hadley and Brian "its my hand up a puppets ass" Conley as the "entertainment" but to be around that many people where your only escape would be your cabin would fill me with dread.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Count me the same - once you've walked round the deck that's it

Nightmare - confirmed when the hotel I was at in Dubrovnik warned me not to go into town on Thursday.

Why said I ?

Because that's when the cruise ships land and 10,000 people get off and cram the town.

So everywhere you go that might have been nice is ruined

Floating disease incubators

borope

Weve done 6 so far doing another one for New year round Dubai etc. We love them as did the kids when they used to come with us.

Hound

I been on one round Mediterranean, it was class, thought it would be shite but waking up to a different destination most days and getting out and having a mooch about was canny, we visited a few places we wouldn't have and have, and been back to them, I went in my "Sherlock" days so paid extra for drinks package, deffo recommend this. 👍🏻🍺🍺

Nekder (Kenny)

Sorry to announce that BoroPe and Hound have "left" the board.........

🤣🤣👍

borope

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on May 04, 2024, 09:19:45 PMSorry to announce that BoroPe and Hound have "left" the board.........

🤣🤣👍

Your throwing us overboard ?   :mick:   :sid:

borope

Been round the Med, Caribbean and US seen places we would never have got too. One before last had 6000 passengers. Only places there was queues was the main restaurant at night but they gave you buzzers for when your table was ready and you just went for another pint in one of the many bars while waiting.

teamboro

Floating hotel at sea fills me with dread terra Firma for me
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Nekder (Kenny)

Quote from: borope on May 04, 2024, 09:21:44 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on May 04, 2024, 09:19:45 PMSorry to announce that BoroPe and Hound have "left" the board.........

🤣🤣👍

Your throwing us overboard ?   :mick:   :sid:

Nope.

You 2 can walk the plank. And that does not mean you have to take Sherlock for a day out!! 🤣🤣👍

Gingerpig

Mrs is after trying one , never appealed to me , was in sorrento & santorini when the cruise ships arrive for the sunsets  loads of the huge buggers , there can only be so much space in the open air to  flop about in  too. She wants to do Carib /Florida type thing

I was thinking more Pig Iron /Last Orders  :ray:

So i guess i'll see you in carib with she who must be ignored  :katie:

Nekder (Kenny)

fukyu

Imagine being stuck on a ship for a week dodging an awld  slapper you bucked when pissed.  :rav:  :sid:

borope

Quote from: fukyu on May 05, 2024, 05:35:17 AMImagine being stuck on a ship for a week dodging an awld  slapper you bucked when pissed.  :rav:  :sid:

Were not talking about the Teesside princess.   :sid:

Nekder (Kenny)

If being on the river was not bad enough you had to watch that effing revolving dancefloor.

🤮🤣

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: fukyu on May 05, 2024, 05:35:17 AMImagine being stuck on a ship for a week dodging an awld  slapper you bucked when pissed.  :rav:  :sid:

:sid:  :sid:  :sid:

specially if the missus was also on the holiday with you  :rav:   

Av to pretend you had the shits and seal ye self away in the cabin till it was all over  :redcard: