Northallerton

Started by In With the Lurpak, April 25, 2024, 09:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In With the Lurpak

Went yesterday first time ever it's actually not a bad little town centre. Plenty of shops some decent ones too like Barkers but its expensive in there . Pub meal for 2 on high street open log fire which was nice the only bad thing I can't stand is when they bring the meals out on blocks of wood like chopping boards ffs what's wrong with a plate. market was on too all in all a nice little day out is Northallerton  :cheers:   

Geoff_B

We went to the pub on the corner few months back, as you drive in from hospital side, forgot its name but they do food till 3, was bang on and really cheap, all home made

In With the Lurpak

I asked someone about a pub near the corner as you drive in they said it used to be the old hospital that must be the same one you are on about . Potting shed I think it was called.

BoroRedKen

Very underated place.

Northy B's manor 👍

Smoggers51

We go to Northallerton regularly and we always go to The Terrace Cafe . They do all day breakfasts with black pudding. Worth a visit .

In With the Lurpak

She want's to go again so ill try that Cafe next time. Today's ride she's after going to that castle up North where they done Harry Potter. Told her the traffic is a nightmare up there and it's already getting late for setting off :redcard:

I wanted to go to Beverly Races told her but her face twisted up :diego:

Anyway I better get moving either way  :taxi: 

Geoff_B

Alnwick lovely place, my uncle is buried there

Northallerton_Boro

Aye its not a bad little place. Pub/restaurant scene has massively changed in recent years.

The Potting Shed
Ontano
Zoo (too old for that mind)
Origin (by far the best place for food)
New indian, cant remember the name of it
Asian fushion/optimist new cocktail bar and does excellent Asian food as well
Govenors House which is located opposite the cinema on the old prison site

Spoilt for choice with cafe's from greasy spoons to more fancy spots.

A new sports bar is coming as well underneath bowling alley which will be a good edition. Plus you also have plenty of traditional pubs serving good ales.

for breakfast, the best is Central Stop Cafe - Fried Bread & Black Pudding.

Geoff_B

The pub we went in was on the corner as you drive into the high street - coming from m&s area (right hand side) mason arms just checked the map

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Northallerton_Boro on April 25, 2024, 11:50:07 AMAye its not a bad little place. Pub/restaurant scene has massively changed in recent years.

The Potting Shed
Ontano
Zoo (too old for that mind)
Origin (by far the best place for food)
New indian, cant remember the name of it
Asian fushion/optimist new cocktail bar and does excellent Asian food as well
Govenors House which is located opposite the cinema on the old prison site

Spoilt for choice with cafe's from greasy spoons to more fancy spots.

A new sports bar is coming as well underneath bowling alley which will be a good edition. Plus you also have plenty of traditional pubs serving good ales.

for breakfast, the best is Central Stop Cafe - Fried Bread & Black Pudding.

That breakfast man! Fried bread! Yes please!
 :bigjack

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

One you probably wouldn't think of going into is Strikes Garden centre cafe

If you can put up with all the old gits and kids with Granparents they do some good scran at decent prices (I am both by the way)

.....and you can buy plug plants afterwards

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on April 25, 2024, 01:04:03 PMOne you probably wouldn't think of going into is Strikes Garden centre cafe

If you can put up with all the old gits and kids with Granparents they do some good scran at decent prices (I am both by the way)

There is a garden centre place just on the by pass at Guis that a lot of people i know use the cafe thing. Windlebridge?

Northallerton_Boro

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on April 25, 2024, 01:04:03 PMOne you probably wouldn't think of going into is Strikes Garden centre cafe

Sam Turners do a decent breakfast as well

Johnny Thunder

Like fuckin Mumsnet in here these days.

:leo: