STANDING GETTING IT NOW

Started by BoroRedKen, March 27, 2024, 03:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoroRedKen

Robbie Boy OTR leading the charge on standing at matches now.

People wonder why i have fell out of love with footy.

Its just another form of control. OTR kick off about the Gov "curtailing" everything but going to football just has too much to remember now.

Its just a list of stuff you cannot do. And YOU pay the privilege!

Blott

Ken I semi agree, but today is a lot better than yesterday. The days of me and others trying to knock shite out of others and terrifying people is pretty much over. The police have it sussed.

All seater have worked, maybe lost some of the atmosphere.

People talk about Ayresome as if it was the Holy Grail, it was half empty 90 pc of the games I went to. But it was a laugh, I don't see that now.

FMTTM is an irrelevance

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on March 27, 2024, 03:27:35 PMKen I semi agree, but today is a lot better than yesterday. The days of me and others trying to knock shite out of others and terrifying people is pretty much over. The police have it sussed.

People talk about Ayresome as if it was the Holy Grail, it was half empty 90 pc of the games I went to. But it was a laugh, I don't see that now.

FMTTM is an irrelevance

Blotty you dont have to associate standing at games with troubble, unless I've read it wrong
All the years I stood at AY & away games I never thought about filling anyone in, fans should be able to have the option to stand, or sit at games

Blott

Quote from: erimus74 on March 27, 2024, 03:35:14 PM
Quote from: Blott on March 27, 2024, 03:27:35 PMKen I semi agree, but today is a lot better than yesterday. The days of me and others trying to knock shite out of others and terrifying people is pretty much over. The police have it sussed.

FMTTM is an irrelevance

Blotty you dont have to associate standing at games with troubble, unless I've read it wrong
All the years I stood at AY & away games I never thought about filling anyone in, fans should be able to have the option to stand, or sit at games
I agree, but a lot did. I was never a hero, by a very long way, but daftness sometimes was in the way of common sense.

As for standing that was yesterday, we have moved on.

BoroRedKen

I suppose, Blotts, im using the standing thing as just another nail in the coffin in the enjoyment of the game.

VAR, 105mins games, chanting, singing, smoking (vaping) etc etc etc.

Its just a long list of rules now.

Political, ideological, every game with 2 mins silences and clapping at certain times in "memory of".

The "atmosphere" is getting choked out of the game.

Smoggers51

In all my years of following the Boro the only ground that the Stewards wouldn't allow us to stand was at Exeter this season.I enjoy the away games because we still have the option to stand.All the years at Awesome Park I never felt threatened or intimidated at games.People think and read too much into things ,I attend the games with a great bunch of lads young and old and we all enjoy following the Boro.Apart from the results sometimes it's still a great experience going to the games and I'll be singing and chanting on Friday !!UTMB!!!

Blott

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on March 27, 2024, 03:45:36 PMI suppose, Blotts, im using the standing thing as just another nail in the coffin in the enjoyment of the game.

VAR, 105mins games, chanting, singing, smoking (vaping) etc etc etc.

Its just a long list of rules now.

Political, ideological, every game with 2 mins silences and clapping at certain times in "memory of".

The "atmosphere" is getting choked out of the game.
we are 100 pc in agreement. Let lads be daft, ok no racist chants but telling Vardy his wife is grass seems a good idea to me.

Perfect pitches, VAR, replays, no mistakes, 424 433 False CF, holes. What a load of crap.

Gingerpig

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on March 27, 2024, 03:14:20 PMRobbie Boy OTR leading the charge on standing at matches now.

People wonder why i have fell out of love with footy.

Its just another form of control. OTR kick off about the Gov "curtailing" everything but going to football just has too much to remember now.

Its just a list of stuff you cannot do. And YOU pay the privilege!

Thats why i am still 50/50 to renew mate , sick of all the box ticking bollocks , sit down shut up , giz yer cash

Kippers

You cant charge 30 odd quid for standing.

15 quid might work