New club badge

Started by Francks left peg, March 27, 2024, 09:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francks left peg

erimus74

Francks left peg

It's horrific. To be fair the previous one and ones before were great so we were due a dodgy one.

erimus74

Wonder if it references the number of players who represented the Boro during the 150 years, ie, 1125

Smoggers51

Great idea that Erimus.Hopefully the new badge will be better than the present one .

Francks left peg

Quote from: Smoggers51 on March 27, 2024, 10:08:37 AMGreat idea that Erimus.Hopefully the new badge will be better than the present one .

Couldn't be much worse, could it? 😅

New Division

We'll end up with a rainbow badge with the lion taking the knee😁

Francks left peg

Quote from: New Division on March 27, 2024, 10:17:17 AMWe'll end up with a rainbow badge with the lion taking the knee😁

Good idea  :peopleseyebrow:

TommyDickfingers

File with new kits as something grown ups shouldn't really get worked up about.

TerryCochranesSocks

Conversation over

erimus74

Francks left peg

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on March 27, 2024, 11:21:15 AM

Conversation over

I think we would all be delighted if they brought it back

Nosmo-King

I would dare to suggest anything is better than the current one that looks as if it was designed by a six year old. So amateurish

Johnny Thunder

teamboro

Game set match winner Terycochranessocks
 :leo1:  :leo2:  :leo3:
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Blott

I never understand these things, I always ask myself why.

Safeway Supermarkets changed the S on its logo. From S and as far as I could see S. It cost over £3 million. No one noticed.

AtomicDog

Quote from: Francks left peg on March 27, 2024, 11:52:19 AM
Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on March 27, 2024, 11:21:15 AM

Conversation over

"I think we would all be delighted if they brought it back"

Then knowing how the club always listens to the fans .. . . You can guarantee that's not going to happen.

Anyway, surely it will have to be run by "The voice of the fans"™ before any such changes are even considered?
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on March 27, 2024, 02:10:54 PMI never understand these things, I always ask myself why.

Safeway Supermarkets changed the S on its logo. From S and as far as I could see S. It cost over £3 million. No one noticed.

Crazy

Blott

Quote from: erimus74 on March 27, 2024, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: Blott on March 27, 2024, 02:10:54 PMI never understand these things, I always ask myself why.

Crazy
I have never had anything to do with marketing so cannot really comment.

A few years ago I read about the planning department in I think Coventry who built a new one way system, it caused chaos. The planning bloke went on local radio and said it's all my fault, it will be put right within two weeks.

It cost a fortune, but he kept his job.

Francks left peg

It's more than a badge nowadays it's a brand. Look at the like of Cardiff who got it spectacularly wrong when rebranding the club from top to bottom.

BoroRedKen

We'll end up with a rainbow badge with the lion taking the knee

Dont joke NewD!

After the England shirt "furor" ANYTHING is possible!

:alf:

Blott

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on March 27, 2024, 03:51:30 PMWe'll end up with a rainbow badge with the lion taking the knee

Dont joke NewD!

After the England shirt "furor" ANYTHING is possible!

:alf:
have you seen the USA new rainbow flag, it's brilliant.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: erimus74 on March 27, 2024, 10:00:35 AM
Quote from: Francks left peg on March 27, 2024, 09:58:24 AMFinally.

Check out this post from Middlesborough FC https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/27/Club-Plans-For-New-Crest/

Brilliant news, our present badge is awful

It is. So awful that its almost as disasterous as the badge it followed on from.

Who in their right fucking mind decided to erase 90 years of the clubs history by having a crest with 1986 emblazoned on it?!?!
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

teamboro

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 27, 2024, 05:42:49 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on March 27, 2024, 10:00:35 AM
Quote from: Francks left peg on March 27, 2024, 09:58:24 AMFinally.

Check out this post from Middlesborough FC https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/27/Club-Plans-For-New-Crest/

Brilliant news, our present badge is awful

It is. So awful that its almost as disasterous as the badge it followed on from.

Who in their right fucking mind decided to erase 90 years of the clubs history by having a crest with 1986 emblazoned on it?!?!
In 1986 the old club died they couldn't use the old dates as it was bankrupt so used the year 1986 also see Darlington FC who had to use 1883 in the title every fan knows Middlesbrough is 1876 they couldn't use it
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

Kippers

Just a rampant lion with M F C underneath.