Another youngster signs

Started by erimus74, March 20, 2024, 12:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Hopefully we see more academy players to ve involved more in the first team championship games

TMG501

I received a message from a member of his family on Saturday telling me about this but, as it hadn't been announced, it was a "between you & me" type of thing. I know Luke has been involved with the first team squad for a while now and is held in high regard. Mind you, my mate is gutted that he's at The Boro and not the geordies, but happy that he's not at Sunderland :carrick1:
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

erimus74

Quote from: TMG501 on March 20, 2024, 12:59:39 PMI received a message from a member of his family on Saturday telling me about this but, as it hadn't been announced, it was a "between you & me" type of thing. I know Luke has been involved with the first team squad for a while now and is held in high regard. Mind you, my mate is gutted that he's at The Boro and not the geordies, but happy that he's not at Sunderland :carrick1:

Which position would he play?

TMG501

Midfielder if I remember correctly G
Edit. Just checked.  He can play at the back as well

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luke-woolston/profil/spieler/865983

It's What's In The Groove That Counts

erimus74

Quote from: TMG501 on March 20, 2024, 01:09:57 PMMidfielder if I remember correctly G
Edit. Just checked.  He can play at the back as well

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luke-woolston/profil/spieler/865983

I know Gibbo has mentioned in the past he would love having core team of local lads, hard to do in the midern game if you want to progress but would be good to see two or three starting regularly in the first team & a few on the benxh, more than loanees sat on the bench

Nosmo-King

We need to get Fin Cartwright tied down don't we?

erimus74

Quote from: Nosmo-King on March 20, 2024, 01:29:27 PMWe need to get Fin Cartwright tied down don't we?

Yes, apparently Chelsea were/are looking at taking him from under our noses, he needs a strong family connection to keep him at the Boro
All you need to do is look at Porritt to see how horribly wrong it can go