Car Auctions

Started by In With the Lurpak, March 15, 2024, 07:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In With the Lurpak

Any body been to one and bought out ? I know my way around a car to a decent level like I can do a full service on a car ( not timing belt type stuff though ) If I visit one of these auctions what's the score do they just drive them through take bids and that's it or are people allowed to check them over before they go through the auction ?

Are they worth going to I have always been told some good deals can be got and I know these second hand car dealers go to them for bargains . Any tips appreciated   :cheers:

RiversideRifle

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on March 15, 2024, 07:02:53 PMAny body been to one and bought out ? I know my way around a car to a decent level like I can do a full service on a car ( not timing belt type stuff though ) If I visit one of these auctions what's the score do they just drive them through take bids and that's it or are people allowed to check them over before they go through the auction ?

Are they worth going to I have always been told some good deals can be got and I know these second hand car dealers go to them for bargains . Any tips appreciated   :cheers:

Loads of great deals. A lot are ex criminals cars
UTB

In With the Lurpak

That tells me the cars will have been ragged all over then.

Rentokil

Used to love the one next to the Yorkshire Dragoon, mk2 astra sri for 110 quid was my best buy. But mainly came home with some right dogs.

RiversideRifle

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on March 15, 2024, 07:25:50 PMThat tells me the cars will have been ragged all over then.

Maybe but the deals you can get are class and probs worth the risk. I believe you can purchase subject to a survey of the vehicle on some auctioned items
UTB

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: Rentokil on March 15, 2024, 07:35:20 PMUsed to love the one next to the Yorkshire Dragoon, mk2 astra sri for 110 quid was my best buy. But mainly came home with some right dogs.

Newcastle is the place to go for auctions ? so I am told

RiversideRifle

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on March 15, 2024, 08:08:53 PM
Quote from: Rentokil on March 15, 2024, 07:35:20 PMUsed to love the one next to the Yorkshire Dragoon, mk2 astra sri for 110 quid was my best buy. But mainly came home with some right dogs.

Newcastle is the place to go for auctions ? so I am told

Place in Scotland does police auctions anall 👍👍👍👍👍
UTB

In With the Lurpak

so long as you can look the car over ill stick a bid in thats my main thing about it all

Blott

Look for ex-Motorbility.

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: Blott on March 15, 2024, 08:56:42 PMLook for ex-Motorbility.

all advice taken in from all  :bigjack

AtomicDog

Just nick one out of the Cleveland centre carpark, it's a piece of p*ss.
We do it all the time . . .

We going to a Northern Soul do in Leeds now.

Fancy coming . . . Have you got any drug's?
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

John Trebor

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on March 15, 2024, 08:30:38 PMso long as you can look the car over ill stick a bid in thats my main thing about it all
I went to one near Leeds years ago and you did get chance to look the cars over and listen to the engine of any cars you might be interested in before the auction started. We were there for a couple of hours beforehand. I didn't know what I was doing but got a great sausage and tomato scottie from the cafe.

This might be useful:
https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/buying-a-car-at-auction-what-you-need-to-know/

teamboro

You don't have to go to the Auction now lots do it online yes ex motab would be great cars because they are fully main dealer serviced but whether the body work damage or interior damaged IE carpets are done is another thing some would have been modified for certain things so expect damage to the inside as many TV shows on Auctions say do your research and visit a few to get the feeling and stick to your limit don't get carried away on your first auction
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

In With the Lurpak

All it is is No 1 passed her test recently she has saved just under 4k up this past few year all with this getting on the road in mind. now she's after me making sure she picks a decent car for her. I don't want to pick a car that's going to break down any time soon I like to look a car over have a drive have a look at the oil and all the rest of it. Ill have a look at that link from John Trebor , She's looking on ebay but you don't get much for the money these days so I just said to her i might try an auction first  :cheers:  :cheers: 

teamboro

All car prices have sky rocketed including auctions

AtomicDog

I can give you some advice Mr Crocadillo!

But then again what I know about cars,  you could write on the back of a fag packet . . . With a 6" brush!
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

teamboro

Quote from: AtomicDog on March 16, 2024, 06:05:17 PMI can give you some advice Mr Crocadillo!

But then again what I know about cars,  you could write on the back of a fag packet . . . With a 6" brush!
Love it dog :supremeleader: