Leicester City v Middlesbrough match threrad

Started by erimus74, February 16, 2024, 05:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Following our latest setback, a 2-1 defeat at Preston we now face champions in waiting Leicester City, who are that far in front they hold a massive 12 points lead over second place Leeds United & with Jamie Vardy in fine form with 6 goals in his last 7 appearances we couldn't have picked a worse time to face Leicester City in our present run of results since the turn of the year

Boro are sitting in 13th place, still 8 points behind the final playoff spot & will need all that lady luck can throw at us if we are to have any chance of challenging for that final playofff spot, IMO, injuries have played a major part in our stop/start season, not the whole story, but with Carrick not been able to choose the same 11 most weeks, with key players missing the managers picking a consistent starting eleven has been limited, even mild mannered Carrick must be pushed to keep calm with the continous run of long term injuries we've suffered this season & if one thing comes out of all this mess its to see if so many of them could have been avoided, is it something we have done toewards these injuries, you never knew, or just plain bad luck

Our last win at Leicester City was way back in September 2001 a 2-1 win with 2 late goals from Paul Ince in the 85th & Jonathan Greening in the 88th
A couple of years later 16th March 1991, both Owen McGee & Trevor Putney scored their only Boro career goals when putting us into a 3-1 lead only for us to lose 4-3

14th October 1899 Leicester City 4 Boro 1 Thomas Lamb scoring our first league goal away to Leicester City in our first away game between both team with the following record

Won - 9
Drew - 15
Lost - 19
Goals for - 52
Goals against - 63

Represented both teams, can't remember many

Andy Aitken - Our 3rd league manager & 1st ever player manager when he joined the Boro in October 1906, he was manager for 30 months but due to a clash of personalities at Ayresome Park, he refused to name names he sadly left the Boro in 1909 to join Leicester Fosee, he later admitted his time at Boro was his most enjoyable (That goes without saying)
George Carr - Played 70 games for Boro between 1919/24 scoring 24 goals - signed for Leicester in1924
Roger Burbeck -Played 152 games between 1956/63, scoring 29 goals - signed from Leicester in 1956
Donald Walker - Signed from Leicester in 1959 - Played 25 goals between 1959/62 scoring one goal
Tom Patterson - signed from Leicester City September 1974 - Played the one game for the Boro, becoming the 41st different Boro to do so
Tommy Wright - signed from Leicester in 1992 - Played 66 games for Boro between 1992/95. scoring 6 goals
Kevin Poole - Played 40 games between 1988/91 - signed for Leicester 1991
Nigel Pearson - Played 139 games between 1994/98 scoring 5 goals, - Managed Leicester between 2011/15
Mark Schwarzer - Played 466 games between 1996/2008 - Signed for Leicester 2016
David Nugent - Played for Leicester between 2011-15 - Played 44 games for Boro, between 2015/17, scoring 9 goals
Richie de Laet - 77th loaned player - Loaned from Leicester City - 55th at the Riverside - Played 10 games for the Boro in 2015. In his season with us collected a championship league runners up medal & a PL winners medal
Robert Huth - played 63 games for the Boro between 2006/09, zero goals I Signed for Leicester 2015
Luke Thomas - 115th loaned signing- Loaned from Leicester City, 93rd at the Riverside

Away penalties v Leicester Fossee / City

According to my stats our next penalty away to Leicester will be the first in our entire history, hard to believe I know, chances are, we get awarded a penalty Saturday & it's the winning goal

No away hat tricks v Leicester City

Away debut/last game v Leicester City

14/10/1899 - Robert Gray made his debut after moving from Bedminster this month & Frank Piercy made his debut after joining in June – lost 4-1
1/2/1930 - Ernest Hillier, John Jennings and Frederick Warren all made their debuts after moving from Cardiff City in January – lost 4-1
31/8/1931 - William Brown made his debut after moving from West Stanley in December 1928 – drew 2-2
2/4/1938 - Norman Fowler made his debut after moving from South Bank in September 1936 – won 1-0
11/4/1939 - Samuel Armes made his final appearance – lost 5-3
8/10/1969 - Maurice Short made his final appearance before moving to Oldham Athletic in June 1970 – lost 2-1
5/4/1983 - Ray Hankin made his final appearance replacing Heine Otto before moving to Peterborough United in September – lost 1-0

RiversideRifle

UTB

teamboro

Great write up again Erimus as usual can see us pulling this one out of the bag like the last time we played them at the riverside

0-2 to the mighty Reds
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

AtomicDog

You know My predictions aren't far off Erimus Lad.

Might scrape a 2-16

🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

Quote from: AtomicDog on February 16, 2024, 05:37:16 PMYou know My predictions aren't far off Erimus Lad.

Might scrape a 2-16

🐾

🤣👍

In With the Lurpak

Lad at work was on bout the Boro today , saying something bout the 12th man and red faction are planning something . no idea what or where, might be against Leicester might be next home game . The Geordies would have had the bed sheets out round the stadium moons ago if they had to put up with Gibbo's antics.

Great read Erimus all the same .. As for a score 4 - 0 to them   :unbelievable:  :taxi:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

FOXES 🦊 5 BORO SLUGS 🐌 0 🙄🙄🙄

VARDY WILL KNOCK A BRACE IN AFTER THE BORO FANS START SINGING COLLEEN ROONEY IS BETTER THAN BECKY   :rav:

I CAN SEE IT NOW 🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Will we have an untypical, typical Boro game tomorrow, against all odds v the best team in the league, whereas, we're a struggling, injury ravaged midtable team, who can't keep a cleansheet

Bud Wiser

One things for certain, Carrick will make two changes at least. Out will go Thomas (obviously) and he'll put Dieng back in goal.
But against the Champions elect, will he have the balls to maybe revert to a back three with wing-backs, a holding pair in midfield with an interchangeable front three of of McGree, Greenwood & Forss?

Probably not.  :unbelievable:
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

3 THOUSAND BORO FANS....ALL THE USUAL SUSPECTS GOING...WAS INVITED ALONG BUT THAT'S ALL FINISHED FOR ME NOW....I'M A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER NOW.... :rudi:  :rudi2:  :wry:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Johnny Thunder

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

FB-IMG-1708159009834" border="0

WOULD LOVE TO SEE US BEAT EM BUT I CAN'T SEE IT  🤔🤔🤔
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Gingerpig

If the injury rumours are true , this could be a pumelling......  4-0 sadly

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Gingerpig on February 17, 2024, 09:43:07 AMIf the injury rumours are true , this could be a pumelling......  4-0 sadly

HEARD HACKNEY INJURED...BUT HE'S BEEN POOR LATELY ANYWAY....IF HE DOESN'T PUT DIENG BACK IN GOAL AND FORSS UP FRONT I CAN SEE A GUBBING 🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

tunstall

Saw a thing on Reddit that lesster have like the 15th highest wage bill in all of Europe....mad that

I'd be happy with a point like.....

Francks left peg

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

HEARING JUST NOW FORSS AND HOWSON COULD BE INJURED TOO 🙄🙄🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TheWalker

Don't usually back against the Boro but have picked Leicester in my Last Man Standing competition (as have several others)
Prediction is a 3-0 win for the foxes

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Today's team...

Glover
Engel
Clarke
McNair
VDB
Ayling
Barlaser
OBrien
McGree
Azaz
Silvera

It's going to be a looooooong afternoon... 👀

FUCK ME JUST BEEN SENT THE TEAM BY SOMEONE CONNECTED AT THE CLUB...FFS

:rav:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Smoggers51

Great write up once again Erimus.Wednesday was very disappointing in that we were the better team for long stretches of the game.However we dust ourselves down travel again and hopefully perform today.Ever the optimist I'm going for a draw.I'll always be Loud and Proud for my club even after all the uproar this week.UTMB!!!

borope

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on February 17, 2024, 11:08:35 AMToday's team...

Glover
Engel
Clarke
McNair
VDB
Ayling
Barlaser
OBrien
McGree
Azaz
Silvera

You mean you read it on Flyme.  :alf:

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: borope on February 17, 2024, 11:16:11 AM

Glover
Engel
Clarke
McNair
VDB
Ayling
Barlaser
OBrien
McGree
Azaz
Silvera

You mean you read it on Flyme.  :alf:

I CERTAINLY NEVER SEEN THAT ON FLY ME KIDDA...SOMEONE TEXT ME IT.... VERY RARELY LOOK ON THERE 👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Francks left peg

Glover
Engel
Clarke
McNair
VDB
Ayling
Barlaser
OBrien
McGree
Azaz
Silvera