Carrick is fireproof - any other manager at Boro would be under real pressure

Started by Nosmo-King, February 11, 2024, 12:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosmo-King

I have and liked Carrick but there's certainly questions about a number of aspects. Team selection, positioning of players, set up of the team, the acceptance of below par performances and the inability to put a team on the park capable of showing any consistency needed.

Some will say we've only x points off a playoff spot. In reality this is true - but it only masks the real situation we are a country mile away from achieving such a position.And our home form is abysmal.

Carrick has to - and should - be culpable for performances and results. He is not though! Midway down a very mediocre league, defensive howlers, a strike force that can be non existent in games yet Carrick appears to have most blame deflected.

I wonder if his name wasn't Carrick how much pressure his position would be under?

Every season we can't get promotion makes it increasingly difficult for us to assemble a team capable of staying up. We have I believe at the very best a handful of players who could hack it in the Premier.

So the task becomes so hard would we want a thrashing on a regular basis? To be honest, if we got in the play-offs I have serious doubts about us beating any of the opponents over two legs.

In With the Lurpak

First of all Johnny Howson for me was a miss he's been one of the best midfielders for Boro for a long time  but anyway.

Been reading of late on these forums (not just here) stuff about Carrick and his tactics 

Then thread after thread of late anyway picking out more or less every individual player asking questions about  them basically are they good enough etc

Read yesterday someone saying is Carrick the man to take the club forward . Same old stuff year after year after year always seems to boil down to the managers at fault ( some of Boro's past managers were at fault they were shite ) This lad Carrick ain't taking no on forward because the bloke at the top ain't giving him the tools to take em forward . Bring in Klopp they still wouldn't make the play off's !!

They can't Blame Gibson OTR west doesn't like one bit of any of  that. Deep down every one knows the Boro are where they are as usual because of Gibson and where they are is a average Champo side at best. More chance of getting relegated than promoted "going forward as they are asking "   :rav:

Is it 38 year's and counting now for him below ?

:supremeleader:

In With the Lurpak

My Mistake there is one thread OTR By Whitred criticising Gibson , He's been savaged by the pack . The same pack who have a full front page of picking out who's at fault for Boro being shite ..

Must be my mistake, None of Boro's fortunes are anything what so ever to do with Gibbo

None of it , nowt ..  :westy:  :wry:

Now back to picking on the manager and the players cos some fucker needs to answer for this  :rav:  :unbelievable:

In With the Lurpak

Green= Nothing's wrong stop picking on Gibbo  !!

Red= something's wrong again who's fault is it this time  :rav:

GIBSON'S GOT WHAT HE WANTED. . .     :diego: ( SAVAGED BY THE PACK FOR JUST DARING TO
WhitRed Yesterday at 6:06 PM 2

Right then, Rodrigo Munez!, not good enough for Boro queue?
Borehamwood_Boro Today at 12:00 AM

Does Engel actually offer anything?
Aztec chimera Yesterday at 6:05 PM

The most woeful, inept, "performance" since Michael Carrick took charge.
r00fie1 Yesterday at 9:28 PM 2

Woodgate is the defensive coach
allied_assault Today at 1:48 AM

Disappointed in Azaz
Boro4life Yesterday at 7:43 PM 2

Summer outgoings?
Scrug Yesterday at 6:28 PM

Season over?
LeeMiller Yesterday at 5:29 PM 2 3 4
Replies60

Home atmosphere / Fan enthusiasm
Tarmodrink Yesterday at 7:13 PM

A couple of lessons learnt today...
AytonMews Yesterday at 5:31 PM 2

Jedi boro
We look a shadow of the side this time last year
Jedi boro Yesterday at 7:50 PM 2

Playing out from the back
Bruciebonus Yesterday at 6:53 PM 2

Ayresome_park
The crowd/team today
Ayresome_park Yesterday at 6:17 PM 2

THE BIG KNEE JERK
newyddion Yesterday at 9:16 PM

The ref today ...

erimus74

Quote from: Nosmo-King on February 11, 2024, 12:13:34 AMI have and liked Carrick but there's certainly questions about a number of aspects. Team selection, positioning of players, set up of the team, the acceptance of below par performances and the inability to put a team on the park capable of showing any consistency needed.

Some will say we've only x points off a playoff spot. In reality this is true - but it only masks the real situation we are a country mile away from achieving such a position.And our home form is abysmal.

Carrick has to - and should - be culpable for performances and results. He is not though! Midway down a very mediocre league, defensive howlers, a strike force that can be non existent in games yet Carrick appears to have most blame deflected.

I wonder if his name wasn't Carrick how much pressure his position would be under?

Every season we can't get promotion makes it increasingly difficult for us to assemble a team capable of staying up. We have I believe at the very best a handful of players who could hack it in the Premier.

So the task becomes so hard would we want a thrashing on a regular basis? To be honest, if we got in the play-offs I have serious doubts about us beating any of the opponents over two legs.

Nosmo-king, I cant really disagree with you. It just highlights more & more what a massive opportunity we missed last season, after beating Hull City we failed to win another game during our runin, failed to score in the playoffs v Coventry & basically got bullied & just hopped we would get a break through, then this season started awful, improved a little, then since, league cup apart, we blew hot & cold & havent really got going
Lurpak mentioned missing Howson & I can agree with that but as much as I love the bloke, that is the problem & a big worry, he's 35 has mistakes in him each game & by now he should be a squad member not someone Carrick needs on the pitch each & every week, I have said on here numerous times he's the player we need to replace due to how important he is to us & that with his age we shouldn't be

Jones is so vital to us & when he's missing he's a big miss, Carrick doesn't seem to know how to work our team around individuals missing, he continues to change like for like, Sunderland been a classic example, Coburn & Silvera on when we knew our game plan would suffer & to just shut up shop, these are the things when you need to think outside the box is the difference between 6th & 16th

Maybe Carrick gets a pass due to our horrific injuries, which for me need to be looked at too, but he really needs to change tactics when one way of playing just isnt working. I thought the City manager changed it around for the 2nd half knowing if they continued to press us after the break they would tire & we could pick them off, they defended well, got away with it at times, certainly the ruled out goal, but defended well all the same, we huffed & puffed with the same bunch of players until with 20 minutes remaining McGree was brought on, who should have been introduced at HT

TeessideTopgun

We can all pick what we consider to be out best team but we are not privy to the fitness etc of the squad day to day.

Im prepared to stand by MC's decisions even if they appear wrong to us supporters, as he is a professional and in the main is doing a decent job with the squad he has.

Frustrating as it is MFC is on a long road to get to where they want to be there will be ups and downs along the way.

Im sure when MC has the squad he wants we will be contenders

UTB

Nosmo-King

We are 12th in the Championship form table for the last 6 games - nowhere good enough when we are supposedly in the chasing pack.

We are as far as what we've been in recent seasons in terms of promotion opportunity.

Ipswich, Coventry, Hull, Bristol City, Preston - are any of these clubs truly bigger and better than us?

To me, the answer is a resounding no - yet we are below them in the league?

Really don't know what is the answer. But wholesale player changes has not resulted in a big uplift in fortunes.

It could be argued we are going backwards.....

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Nosmo-King on February 11, 2024, 09:27:05 AMWe are 12th in the Championship form table for the last 6 games - nowhere good enough when we are supposedly in the chasing pack.

We are as far as what we've been in recent seasons in terms of promotion opportunity.

Ipswich, Coventry, Hull, Bristol City, Preston - are any of these clubs truly bigger and better than us?

Really don't know what is the answer. But wholesale player changes has not resulted in a big uplift in fortunes.

It's just football Nozzer. Yer win some yer lose some. We will find form again soon
UTB

Nosmo-King

Rifle, just find it sooooooo frustrating. I really hoped this year we could have had a real go. A lack of a fit, proven striker has been our downfall - and will continue to be so. Get Forss in the middle and reinstate McGree would be a start!

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Nosmo-King on February 11, 2024, 09:54:25 AMRifle, just find it sooooooo frustrating. I really hoped this year we could have had a real go. A lack of a fit, proven striker has been our downfall - and will continue to be so. Get Forss in the middle and reinstate McGree would be a start!

Injuries have stopped us doing it. I think we will have a proper go next season
UTB

erimus74

I really want Carrick to stay, we cant keep changing managers each other season
We've tried both experienced managers & rookie managers, we need a model to work to

When he gets it right its a joy to watch, when he's struggling, as has happened to often this sesson, the place is flat & awful

Are we a nearly team, will Carrick be a nearly manager, he's far away from getting snapped up by a PL club
For me, which I know wont be in agreement with a lot is that we have Stece Gibson, with him at the helm I think we will always have a chance of progressing

Another summer of rebuilding is on the cards, last summers recruitments, Dieng, very good, Glover, good No2, VDB, excellent, Rogers eventually showed his worth, mind I still dont see the value in him, Silvera okish, Engel has done well, Bangura, Latte Lath, ok
For me Gilbert, Hoppe the jury's still out

Thats not bad recruitment there

Francks left peg

We've sold the family silver this year and not replaced the players. The club are having a quiet year saving money for ffp and giving it a go next year. Carrick is muddling through with the squad he has.

teamboro

Our defence is a weak point has been for a few years not just under Carrick up front as well has been weak I would give last season as a fluke with Akpom nobody on here can say anything different until last season Akpom was rubbish we missed big time last season for promotion which has had an impact this season because us fans got use to winning most games this season is a reality check
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

BoroRedKen

I have to agree with Nosmo on this.

The sale of Rodgers proved we wont keep a player if the money is right.
How do we build a squad if bigger teams know every player at Boro has a price?.
But football is a business now not a game.

Crowds affect results. I genuinley believe that. Our crowd are being silenced. The passion has gone from our club. No chanting, no tribalism, no escape from the 9 to 5 of weekly work. To many rules for fans let alone the players.

These are the things that are killing football. The "Dudley Do Rights" are determind to make footy matches all cucumber sarnies and Pimms.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

SUNLUN WHO ARE NOT GREAT ARE 6TH 🙄🙄🙄

DID THEY SELL CLARKE AND BELLINGHAM....NO BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GET TO THE PLAY OFFS....DID WE SELL ....YES....THATS WHY WE WON'T BE IN THE PLAY OFFS....👎🙄🙄🙄👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

AtomicDog

Overhead a conversation in the Madhouse bogs last night, about this new signing . . .

Someone was saying he's gunna get Dug straight in . . .
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

AtomicDog

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on February 11, 2024, 10:06:59 AMSUNLUN WHO ARE NOT GREAT ARE 6TH 🙄🙄🙄

DID THEY SELL CLARKE AND BELLINGHAM....NO BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GET TO THE PLAY OFFS....DID WE SELL ....YES....THATS WHY WE WON'T BE IN THE PLAY OFFS....👎🙄🙄🙄👎

Oh no!

Mista Widdle way haf yu bean Sir?

🙏🙏🙏
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: AtomicDog on February 11, 2024, 10:19:18 AM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 on February 11, 2024, 10:06:59 AMSUNLUN WHO ARE NOT GREAT ARE 6TH 🙄🙄🙄

Oh no!

Mista Widdle way haf yu bean Sir?

🙏🙏🙏

LAND OF SMILES 🇹🇭😁😁😁🇹🇭
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

erimus74

Knew Gibbo/tory comment would be raised OTR & yes, they never fail to disapoint you

Strange the petulant comment wont have been written, mentioned when we beat Leicester, certainly wont have after we beat Chelsea at home, but when the toys come out of the pram & to try & prove their point more then yes Gibbo/tory comes out, 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: RiversideRifle on February 11, 2024, 09:50:00 AM
Quote from: Nosmo-King on February 11, 2024, 09:27:05 AMWe are 12th in the Championship form table for the last 6 games - nowhere good enough when we are supposedly in the chasing pack.

It's just football Nozzer. Yer win some yer lose some. We will find form again soon

Spot on Rifes - with the top three looking likely to be the three temporarily down PL clubs we were never going to get out of this league during a rebuild season.

Next year will be easier

Panicky fuckers like crocky know nowt

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on February 11, 2024, 11:37:02 AM

Spot on Rifes - with the top three looking likely to be the three temporarily down PL clubs we were never going to get out of this league during a rebuild season.

Next year will be easier

£1000.00 say's you know fuck all Kuntzy Kunt  :diego:

Thought the plan for the last 14 or 15  seasons was to go up what makes next season so special then Kuntz ?

Next season it is then Mr Know it all eh .. Put £1000.00 bet on with me Ill take em to still be lingering about in the championship at the end of next season .

I know fuck all it's easy money for you Kuntzy  :mick:  :leo:

Blott

For what it's worth I think this is a 6/10 season so far. No one rated Rogers before we sold him, everyone thought it was a great deal for the Boro. I would say since 1967 when I first started watching them most seasons have been a bog standard average of 4 or 5. Big Jack, Robson and McLaren boosted the average.

Carrick has proved nothing yet, we are where he started within a few points.

I enjoy games now as much as I ever gave, away games more.

I don't like playing from the back, but every club does it so I must be wrong. Woodgate explained it well on the radio about opening spaces in midfield, way past my footballing knowledge.

This season to me is no different to the others, Boro is my Saturday sorted, I doubt it will ever change.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: In With the Lurpak on February 11, 2024, 12:51:14 PM

Next year will be easier

Thought the plan for the last 14 or 15  seasons was to go up what makes next season so special then Kuntz ?

Next season it is then Mr Know it all eh .. Put £1000.00 bet on with me Ill take em to still be lingering about in the championship at the end of next season .

Don't be fucking daft - you cant afford to lose a months wages

:youfuckinserious:

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on February 11, 2024, 07:43:42 PM
Quote from: In With the Lurpak on February 11, 2024, 12:51:14 PM

Next year will be easier

Don't be fucking daft - you cant afford to lose a months wages

:youfuckinserious:

You couldn't afford a cholesterol test not long ago or something similar , £40 they cost  :charles: You came on here crying about the price remember ..

It's ok no point reversing it all on me ( who knows nowt ) everyone see's right through ye Kuntzy

I won't take what little you have  :leo:

Nosmo-King

Allegedly Carrick is " unconcerned " regarding our home form. Michael, I have some news for you - you bloody well should be concerned!