All sbout opinions but U2 for me

Started by erimus74, January 30, 2024, 10:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

are the biggest pile of #@#%

Break at work & these came on the tele,😝😔

If they played in my back garden i'd close the curtains & as for the singer, well 😝

Redcar Belgrade

They're a bunch of tossers who have had about 3 decent songs in their career. Blind squirrels and all that.

TerryCochranesSocks

Johnny Thunder

Fuckin shite.

Could have had tickets to see them at that new sphere in Vegas last October.

Went to see Tesla at the House of Blues instead.

AtomicDog

They've only ever been a p*ss poor Echo & the Bunnymen imitation

Oh, and listen to them sing "satellite of love" . . . More like satellite of sh*t

🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

Blott

Sorry lads have to disagree, Joshua Tree is as good an album as you will ever hear.

U2 are a band who it's cool to dislike, put with Dire Straights, the Bee Gees, Simply Red, the Coors.

TheWalker

Musically were very good for first few albums then Bono became a total twat and music became awful
BUT still a whole lot better than the worst group ever formed dire straits

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on January 30, 2024, 01:51:23 PMSorry lads have to disagree, Joshua Tree is as good an album as you will ever hear.

U2 are a band who it's cool to dislike, put with Dire Straights, the Bee Gees, Simply Red, the Coors.

In your opinion Blotty lad, all about opinions

Blott

Quote from: erimus74 on January 30, 2024, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: Blott on January 30, 2024, 01:51:23 PMSorry lads have to disagree, Joshua Tree is as good an album as you will ever hear.

I know we disagree on ABBA, opinions indeed.

TerryCochranesSocks

Blott

Blott

Quote from: TheWalker on January 30, 2024, 02:49:28 PMMusically were very good for first few albums then Bono became a total twat and music became awful
BUT still a whole lot better than the worst group ever formed dire straits
I think Bono has always been a tosser. Another tax dodger telling us how to live.

BoroRedKen

Its not cool to dislike shite bands.

Not for me. Like Coldplay overrated.

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on January 30, 2024, 03:02:34 PM

No we dont 😉

Blott

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on January 30, 2024, 03:23:58 PMIts not cool to dislike shite bands.

Not for me. Like Coldplay overrated.
they were part of an era bands made up from Public Schools, add modern actors to that. I enjoyed some of their stuff, would I put them in the same league as Fleetwood Mac, no.

TMG501

This, IMHO, is the only thing decent U2 released, and then they had to get a legend in to show them how to do it

It's What's In The Groove That Counts

AtomicDog

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Blott on January 30, 2024, 03:20:51 PM
Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on January 30, 2024, 03:14:11 PMWho are the Coors?
Corrs,  well spotted, must have had beer on my mind.

I genuinely thought they might be a band.
If so I'd hope they'd be better than the lager.

AtomicDog

Even spelt wrong they're a dog's arse too . . . Up there with Coldplay, and that little fat whining scotch Lad, Ed Sheeran the list is endless!

Music to jump off tower blocks to

🐾

Blott

Quote from: AtomicDog on January 30, 2024, 04:04:06 PMEven spelt wrong they're a dog's arse too . . . Up there with Coldplay, and that little fat whining scotch Lad, Ed Sheeran the list is endless!

Music to jump off tower blocks to

🐾
I don't think I have ever intentionally listened to Sheeran or Adele apart from over the system at work.

BoroRedKen

LG1660

Like their older stuff, mid 90s onwards are crap

Francks left peg

Quote from: Blott on January 30, 2024, 03:02:34 PM

Disagree on ABBA! How on earth can you disagree on ABBA. Pure legendary cheese.

Ollyboro

People slag Bono off over his poverty campaigning because it's seen through the prism of a pop star's ego. Now he undoubtedly has a big ego - that's part of the job - but don't forget his Christianity. I would argue doing good works is at least part of his beliefs. As for U2's tax arrangements, I don't believe the band asked their accountants to find ways for them to pay less individual tax. I suspect their accountants moved the U2 organisation (offices, management, touring staff etc) itself to Holland, following Ireland's decision to change the tax status of artists in Ireland. Admittedly not a great look and a move the band gained from, but not quite as simple as Bono avoiding tax. Musically speaking U2 stopped exploring in 1997. I stopped listening in 2004. I understand why people find him annoying. To be fair, both he and the band have said they understand too. He's not without self-awareness.