Dinosaur Park

Started by Gingerpig, January 12, 2024, 07:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingerpig

Being,  looked at by Middlesbrough Council as a Traveller site ...........ffs another bit of greeenery to go, no doubt Preston/Houchens fault OTR, Lodger no doubt silent , they will bs maintenance of park, but lad i know paints dino's for free , grass cut once a month is all the place costs

Lets see where west is on this one 

Steboro

Sad that alot of people don't even know it's there.

I posted a picture of me eating my lunch there a few years ago and people from Boro asking where I was.

Ravishing Rick Rude

I've been once, that was enough

Gingerpig

Point is its a green space , fairly well used , cycle path right along river goes through there , but like i said it'll be Prestons fault  for some !

BoroRedKen

There is a petition to sign.

Otr wont sign it because it has Andy Preston promoting it.

Johnny Thunder

A traveller site on an industrial estate.

What can possibly go wrong.

tunstall

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on January 13, 2024, 03:07:06 PMA traveller site on an industrial estate.

What can possibly go wrong.

Cunts better not go robbing in Tasty Tarts

Johnny Thunder

Gingerpig

They put new park lights in a year ago , then the copper cables were pinched  after 2-3 weeks , who would of thought of that i wonder ?

There is already a site there next to Cleveland Cables

New Division

Move gypo's to the captain cook museum, there's going to be plenty of space for them pretty soon

RaZor Ramon

It sure sounds an excellent idea putting a travellers site right in the middle of a trading estate.

Clueless man.

Gingerpig

It's reached otr......but jvm says its racist to object....where does he live again !!!

AtomicDog

It looks like a local demolition firm are already moving in . . .

Can't somebody do something they've been there millions of years?

Another local landmark banished to the annals of history.

I know I'll write to David Attenborough and see what he thinks!
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

BoroRedKen

JVM must have his wires crossed.

Its not a choice of building a park for the Dinos its already there!

Would it be racist to not knock down Capt Cooks Museum for a traveller site?

Would they get behind that?

Selective racism again.

Gingerpig

Lodger going to ask ....is this wise at council

TMG501

Quote from: Gingerpig on January 17, 2024, 12:20:58 PMLodger going to ask ....is this wise at council

Build it in Pally Park. Might bring the crime rates down  :leo:
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

In With the Lurpak

So much going on in this picture  :sid:  :sid:  :sid:  :sid:  :sid:  :rav:  :klippety:

BoroRedKen

Even Purple Aki is getting a run out!
 :alf:  :highfive:

BoroRedKen

Just read this.

This MBC saying "hard luck" and "we must bow to the lowest common denominator.

"Hi all, today I have spoke about these plans for the dinosaur park.

We have to by law cover the possible increase in population of the gypsy and travelling community in the local plan, we also by law have to have a local plan.
If this area is proved to be not acceptable then we would have to look elsewhere, Acklam, Marton, Nunthorpe and Stainton are amongst others, areas that we do own land and we'd have to look at.
This local plan is the master plan for the council for the next 15 years
The only land the council own in that part of town that's suitable is the dinosaur park.
The Dinosaur park wouldn't have to move, the existing footpath along the river is a protected right of way and the proposed new local plan protects that.
The site identified would include the current car park and a small area of the park, the rest of the park could remain in situ and or the whole dinosaur park could also be moved elsewhere.
Even if it's in the local plan doesn't mean that a new gypsy/traveller site would open there, there would have to be a need for the site- the current site has 3 empty units, it would also still require planning permission and go through the full planning process.
The need could never be met so planning permission might never be sought, and if it is, it's unlikely it will happen for a number of years.

This is a draft plan, it's open for consultation from 1st Feb until middle of March, please do get involved in the consultation."

Fucking joke MBC.

Johnny Thunder

Every fuckin dinosaur would be weighed in within a week FFS.

Are they fuckin thick?

AtomicDog

The demonstrators are back . . .

Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

Ollyboro

Can't they put the traveller site in Nunthorpe?

Speaking as a resident of Nunthorpe, it would be fucking hilarious. Although I'd move to Union Street, obviously.

borope

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on January 18, 2024, 10:12:55 AMEvery fuckin dinosaur would be weighed in within a week FFS.

Are they fuckin thick?

Cant imagine Cleveland Cables being to happy either. They will need machine guns to protect the place.

BoroRedKen

Quote from: Ollyboro on January 18, 2024, 11:06:00 AMCan't they put the traveller site in Nunthorpe?

Speaking as a resident of Nunthorpe, it would be fucking hilarious. Although I'd move to Union Street, obviously.

Like that!
 :alf:  :alf:

borope

Bladesy getting tore a new one on there.