Main Menu

Krakow

Started by Poolielad, January 09, 2024, 04:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poolielad

Any reccommendations of what to do for me and the mrs?? Obviously auschwitz and salt mines!! Places to eat and drink etc..

Ravishing Rick Rude

Quote from: Poolielad on January 09, 2024, 04:06:48 PMAny reccommendations of what to do for me and the mrs?? Obviously auschwitz and salt mines!! Places to eat and drink etc..

When are you going?

We are going on the 26th Feb.

We are doing the Salt Mines and Auschwitz.

We might do Zakapone Spa too

tunstall

Poolie. Get yerself to Auschwitz. It'll remind you of The Vic

:leo:

erimus74

Quote from: Poolielad on January 09, 2024, 04:06:48 PMAny reccommendations of what to do for me and the mrs?? Obviously auschwitz and salt mines!! Places to eat and drink etc..

We had meals in the square, beautiful country, there will be a number of guides walking around, we got one who showed us around the jewish quarters, including a now resteruant that is in a famous scene in Schindlers list, also check out Schindlers factory too

Enjoy, loved Poland

Poolielad

Quote from: Ravishing Rick Rude (Moderator) on January 09, 2024, 04:09:46 PM

When are you going?

We are going on the 26th Feb.

We are doing the Salt Mines and Auschwitz.

We might do Zakapone Spa too
20th jan.... some cracking deals on at the minute

Poolielad

Quote from: erimus74 on January 09, 2024, 04:14:32 PM

We had meals in the square, beautiful country, there will be a number of guides walking around, we got one who showed us around the jewish quarters, including a now resteruant that is in a famous scene in Schindlers list, also check out Schindlers factory too

Enjoy, loved Poland
We are stopping near the Jewish quarters so I am told..

Poolielad

Quote from: tunstall on January 09, 2024, 04:14:23 PMPoolie. Get yerself to Auschwitz. It'll remind you of The Vic

:leo:
DAF CUN

erimus74

Quote from: Poolielad on January 09, 2024, 04:16:07 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on January 09, 2024, 04:14:32 PM

Enjoy, loved Poland
We are stopping near the Jewish quarters so I am told..

Get yourself to factory then, make sure you haveca guide to explain things that happened in WW2

John Trebor

Like erimus said, there are loads of places to eat and drink around the city square.
We hired a tour buggy from there.
Like a golf buggy but with commentary in English through speakers. One hour around the city. Can't remember the price but it wasn't expensive.

Horse drawn carriage was good fun as well.

Aushwitz and Salt Mines have got to be done. We didn't do the factory.

tunstall

Poolielad

Is it cheaper to book auschwitz and salt mines before we get there??

Ravishing Rick Rude

Quote from: Poolielad on January 09, 2024, 06:29:42 PMIs it cheaper to book auschwitz and salt mines before we get there??

There is a tour guide called Michal Krupa, he charges €350 for collection and drop off after the trips to both Auschwitz and Salt Mines.

GetYourGuide is £196.50 for all of the above plus sandwiches.

Hound

€350????
Is that in a fuckin helicopter?
Go to one of the travel agents in the square, about £30 per person in a mini bus, salt mines about the same, slightly less.

Poolielad

Quote from: Ravishing Rick Rude (Moderator) on January 09, 2024, 08:30:42 PM
Quote from: Poolielad on January 09, 2024, 06:29:42 PMIs it cheaper to book auschwitz and salt mines before we get there??

There is a tour guide called Michal Krupa, he charges €350 for collection and drop off after the trips to both Auschwitz and Salt Mines.

Are you on drugs????

Ravishing Rick Rude

Quote from: Poolielad on January 10, 2024, 09:33:16 AM
Quote from: Ravishing Rick Rude (Moderator) on January 09, 2024, 08:30:42 PM

Are you on drugs????

Absolutely.

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Auschwitz was full of fuckwit Gen Z'rs taking selfies in front of the ovens last I heard

Zakopane however - lovely little town

AtomicDog

If you want a real 'Death camp experience'

Why don't you do a shutdown on on Cassell works or Tioxide?

It's a lot closer and the guard's all speak English

🐾
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈