Tees Tunnel

Started by Steboro, January 04, 2024, 09:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steboro

What ya reckon to the talk of the Tees tunnel?

The Transporter is an icon obviously but so unreliable to use.  Just hope they don't dismantle it if a tunnel is built. 

TMG501

Yeah but Ben Houchen, Monorail, blah blah
It's What's In The Groove That Counts

RiversideRifle

Quote from: Steboro on January 04, 2024, 09:01:07 AMWhat ya reckon to the talk of the Tees tunnel?

The Transporter is an icon obviously but so unreliable to use.  Just hope they don't dismantle it if a tunnel is built. 

Need to do something better with it so I'd be all for it like
UTB

tunstall

Just build another bridge next to or near where the transporter is. Surely cheaper than a tunnel.

Johnny Thunder

Done plenty of work in no.2 tunnel under the Tees over the years I was at Wilton.

Three phase trace heating on a pipeline, tunnel lighting etc.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WILL NEVER HAPPEN  👎🙄👎
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

TMG501

Ural Quntz (Moderator)

Quote from: Johnny Thunder on January 04, 2024, 11:03:29 AMDone plenty of work in no.2 tunnel under the Tees over the years I was at Wilton.

Three phase trace heating on a pipeline, tunnel lighting etc.

How big are those tunnels?

Ravishing Rick Rude

Never gonna happen, like most things in Teesside.

Johnny Thunder

Quote from: Ural Quntz (Moderator) on January 04, 2024, 11:54:59 AMHow big are those tunnels?

The spiral staircase at either side would be approximately 20-30 metre diameter.
The tunnel itself approximately 3-4 metre diameter.

Thundered like fuck when a ship went over.

:bigjack

TMG501

Quote from: TMG501 on January 04, 2024, 09:03:18 AMYeah but Ben Houchen, Monorail, blah blah

And there it is. You can read 'em like a book

ThePrisoner
ThePrisoner

Friday at 4:03 PM

BiggEggo said:
    Can't wait to see his 'unfeasability study' for a tunnel between Redcar and Hartlepool.

8 miles between them and he thinks the journey could be reduced to a couple of minutes. That's 240mph average speed!! Can't say he lacks ambition, but he is not one of the regions great thinkers.

No wonder the region is skint.

We are only one tweet away from Houtchen announcing the new Tees Monorail.
 :wankers:  :vyvyan:

AtomicDog

Does anyone know if it will be barrier's or will you just use an app like The Dartford tunnel?

We always carry coins cos you need them for the trolleys at the supermarket anyway.

Does anyone know how much it will be to use?

Who's opening it . . .  Burt Reynolds or Doctor Who?
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

Blott

Burt Reynolds great great great great great great grandson

teamboro

There is already plans in place for a extra crossing near the Tees fly over don't know why they don't go ahead with that one would the tunnel be used would you have to pay to use it
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist