Boro v Hull City match thread

Started by erimus74, December 11, 2023, 04:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erimus74

Another disappointing result against Ipswich Town on Saturday, we're going through a bit of sticky patch at the moment, losing 3 of the last 4 games, thats 2 defeats on the bounce, Leeds & Ipswich Town, our injury list is growing by the week.
Michael Carrick says it gives other players opportunities, but with these players with limited championship experience it's difficult for them to come in & perform as if they're at championship level, the best league in the world, can be really cruel & hard to young, experienced players

These championship games come round so quick players have little time to be feeling sorry for themselves so hopefully, the players will be up for this game to show they do have whats required, basically a young bunch of players who will have good & bad days

Like Boro, Hull, who are managed by Liam Rosenior, occupied the last spot in the playoffs until the weekend, have also lost there last two championship fixtures, both teams will want to get back on track on Wednesday evening to keep pace with the top 6

18th October 1924 - Boro 0 Hull City 1 the 1st fixture between both teams on Teesside with the following record
Won - 24
Drew - 6
Lost - 5
Goals scored - 66
Goals against - 29

Only the 4 goal haul v Hull City

22nd March 1969 - John Hickton scored 4 goals in a 5-3 win at Ayresome Park to become the 13th different Boro player to score 4 goals in one game, 27th overall

Home debut v Hull City

29/4/1972 - Malcolm Smith won 3-0
13/10/1973 - Malcolm Poskett won 1-0 - 2nd Boro player to make only one game as sub
16/1/2007 - Seb Hines FAC won 4-2 - 9th FAC debutant - scored on debut - 2nd FAC debut goalscorer
4/1/2014 - Dimi Konstantopoulos lost 2-0 - 69th Boro goalkeeper & 11th FAC debutant

Home penalties v Hull City

18/9/1926 Billy Pease become the 21st different penalty goalscorer when he scored our 45th home penalty in a 2-0 win
21/4/1956 Lindy Delaphena become the 35th different penalty goalscorer when he scored our 109th home penalty in a 5-1 win
9/9/1959 Bill Harris become the 36th different penalty goalscorer when he scored our 123rd home penalty in a 4-0 win
3/2/1968 John Hickton become the 43rd different penalty goalscorer when he scored our 152nd home penalty in a 2-1 win
16/2/2007 Yakubu become the 78th different penalty goalscorer when he scored our 237th home penalty in a 4-3 win

A number of players who represented for both team

John Hickton - Boro legend, on loan to Hull for 6 games in season 1976/77 scoring one goal, which was against Carlisle United
George Boateng - Left Boro for Hull City in 2008
Dean Windass - Started his league career at Hull & ending up returning to them twice more
Nigel Pearson - Managed Hull in 2010/11
Dani Ayala - 1st team he was loaned out to when at Liverpool, back in 2010, played 12 games, scoring one goal
Nick Barmby - Ended his playing career at Hull, between seasons 2004/2012 scoring 12 goals in 126 games, later managed them for one season
Alf Wood - Signed for Boro from Hull in 1976
Ray Parlour - Signed for Hull from Boro in 2007
Andy Payton - Signed from Hull City for big money £750k
Danny Graham - Loan spell at Hull in 2013/14 scoring one goal in 18 games
Aaron Connelly - Presently at Hull with 5 goals to his name
Celab Folan is the only loaned player we signed from Hull, he made one appearance as a 2nd half sub in a 5-0 home defeat to WBA

Raich Carter managed both teams

There has never been one goalless draw between the two teams on Teesside

We have faced Hull City in the PL, the championship, 2nd division, Anglo Scottish cup, Full Members, FAC & League cup

13th October 1973 - Malcolm Poskett, who made his one & only Boro appearance, when he  when replacing David Mills with 13 minutes remaining on a 1-0 home win, playing the least number of minutes on the pitch for a Boro player at Ayresome Park & at the time, only the 2nd Boro player to make only one appearance

16th January 2007 - Seb Hines became the 2nd player to score on his FAC debut when scoring past Hull in the 3rd round replay

Fingers crossed, we can repeat the 3-1 scoreline from last season, which was to be our last home win too

AtomicDog

Think we're due a bounce back here Erimus, don't think it'll be a high scoring game . . .

So I'll go 7-0

🐾🐙
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

teamboro

Jones will be back

1-0 mighty Reds  :leo2:
TEESSIDER and Proud  of the area unlike some and I'm not a Racist

erimus74

Quote from: AtomicDog on December 11, 2023, 05:20:10 PMThink we're due a bounce back here Erimus, don't think it'll be a high scoring game . . .

So I'll go 7-0

🐾🐙
😁

erimus74

In With the Lurpak

Boro 2 - 2 Hull

Every time we play Hull at the Riverside the first thing that comes to mind was one season they filled out the North stand when the away fans were seated there they ripped out a shit load of seats could have been a night match not sure always sticks in my mind . good 4 or 5 thousand of em easy.

In With the Lurpak

Quote from: AtomicDog on December 11, 2023, 05:20:10 PMThink we're due a bounce back here Erimus, don't think it'll be a high scoring game . . .

So I'll go 7-0

🐾🐙

:rudi:  :sid:

Blott

The first time I saw football violence in the ground was against Hull. We were stood in the Boys End, I doubt I was 10, when all hell broke loose the other side of the wall.

They had Wagstaff and Chiltern up front. The days of 3 forwards and 2 wingers.

TeessideTopgun

Defo due a bounce back 2-0 UTB👍

Johnny Thunder

Quality as always Erimus lad.

3-1.

:carrick4:

erimus74

erimus74

Positive or negative, glass half full, or half empty, after the Ipswich game we were all a bit down with visions of us finishing up midtable but the positive side is we've had a bad run of injuries now for 6,7, 8 weeks now & only two games in that period we've looked below the standards we set , Stoke without Hackney & Ipswich without Jones, says a lot, we'll be fine, UTMB

BoroRedKen

Sheer quality Erimus.

Thank you for the effort E-Man!

:bigjack

erimus74

Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on December 12, 2023, 06:18:07 PMSheer quality Erimus.

My pleasure Ken, hope you're feeling a bit better after yesterday 👍

BoroRedKen

Quote from: erimus74 on December 12, 2023, 06:20:01 PM
Quote from: Nekder (Kenny) on December 12, 2023, 06:18:07 PMSheer quality Erimus.

My pleasure Ken, hope you're feeling a bit better after yesterday 👍

All good in the hood Erimus.

erimus74

Not the best quality, took me ages to find this goal too

One of the best goals at the Riverside I have seen by a player I loved watching, Barry Robson who will run through a brick wall for his teammates the badge & the fans

Gboro64

Great write up Erimus. One who you missed who played for both clubs Billy Askew.
Tomorrow I would play Dijksteel at full back and move VDB to CH and put Clarke on the bench. Good to have Jones back as we really missed him on Saturday

erimus74

Quote from: Gboro64 on December 12, 2023, 07:19:50 PMGreat write up Erimus. One who you missed who played for both clubs Billy Askew.
Tomorrow I would play Dijksteel at full back and move VDB to CH and put Clarke on the bench. Good to have Jones back as we really missed him on Saturday

Cheers Gboro64, what a cracking shout for Billy Askew, great memory there 👍

Going back to Billy Askew I remember when he came on for his debut & a bloke standing behind us in the chicken run shouted, look its a little Billy Ashcroft 😅

Blott

Well done Erimus, great stuff to be sat reading on the bog at work.

In With the Lurpak

I'm after Bristol City now to get a result against Blackburn for a good little bet up :rav:

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on December 12, 2023, 07:46:18 PMWell done Erimus, great stuff to be sat reading on the bog at work.

😳

I dont know how to take that Blotty, only kidding, I know your intentions were a good read while you skip work, well you lazy so & so, the company pay you well not to sit on your backside reading some clowns stats but do some graft, when you have breaks you xan read the clowns stats for tomorrow's game 🤔😉

Blott

Quote from: erimus74 on December 12, 2023, 08:45:15 PM
Quote from: Blott on December 12, 2023, 07:46:18 PMWell done Erimus, great stuff to be sat reading on the bog at work.

😳

I dont know how to take that Blotty, only kidding, I know your intentions were a good read while you skip work, well you lazy so & so, the company pay you well not to sit on your backside reading some clowns stats but do some graft, when you have breaks you xan read the clowns stats for tomorrow's game 🤔😉
I was tongue in cheek, it was break time. Great stuff. Hull is very much like the Boro you only go there if you have to.

AtomicDog

Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

erimus74

Quote from: Blott on December 12, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on December 12, 2023, 08:45:15 PM

😳

I know you were Blotty, UTMB

I was tongue in cheek, it was break time. Great stuff. Hull is very much like the Boro you only go there if you have to.