LIDDLE_TOWERS999

WAS A UNDERATED FUCKING COMEDY GENUIS 🤣 😂 😆

FB-IMG-1700231097015" border="0

JUST LIKE THAT..... :sid:  :supremeleader:  :ray:
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Johnny Thunder

tunstall

TommyDickfingers

I wouldn't say he was underrated at all.

He was pulling in millions of viewers in his heyday.

Him & Eric Morecambe can make me laugh without even saying a single word.

Nosmo-King

Worthy mention for one comedian I rate as the best. Ken Dodd. I remember my late wife asking what I would like for my birthday- I said tickets to see Ken Dodd! She was horrified! So we went and she laughed as much as I did.

Met him a few times - very humble, genuine and down to earth guy.

LIDDLE_TOWERS999

Quote from: Nosmo-King on November 17, 2023, 02:54:42 PMWorthy mention for one comedian I rate as the best. Ken Dodd. I remember my late wife asking what I would like for my birthday- I said tickets to see Ken Dodd! She was horrified! So we went and she laughed as much as I did.

SHAME HE WAS A FIDDLING TAX CHEATING CUNT THOUGH 🙄 LESTER PIGGOT GOT 3 YEARS....HE DODGED THE BULLITT 👎👎👎

TO BE HONEST...HE NEVER EVER FLOATED MY BOAT LIKE 🙄
GET WELL SOON STEVE G

Nosmo-King

Can't argue re tax he was bloody lucky. Comedians and who everyone rates, is very subjective so I doubt you will get universal agreement on this regarding who is deemed to be good

erimus74

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on November 17, 2023, 02:28:43 PMWAS A UNDERATED FUCKING COMEDY GENUIS 🤣 😂 😆

Tomny Cooper was class, I still remember watching Lobdon at the Palladium when he collapsed & the curtains were drawn around him, watched it with my then girlfriend mothers house

TommyDickfingers

Tommy Cooper told one of my favourite jokes of all time -

I took my dogs to the vet, after a while the vet said I'm going to have to put him down.

Why I said !!

Cos my arms are killing me

:ray:  :ray:

TerryCochranesSocks

Quote from: Nosmo-King on November 17, 2023, 02:54:42 PMWorthy mention for one comedian I rate as the best. Ken Dodd. I remember my late wife asking what I would like for my birthday- I said tickets to see Ken Dodd! She was horrified! So we went and she laughed as much as I did.

Saw Doddy at Darlington Civic. Got out at about 1.15am

Johnny Thunder

AtomicDog

True story.

When I lived in London year's ago use to go in the white hart,  King st in Hammersmith.

One of the old fellas in the boozer was on about him (Cooper) amongst many others that use to drink around there (loads of famous people live in Chiswick)

He said:

"Out of em all I've seen round here he was the best, he was barred out of every pub round here, the landlords hated him.

As soon as he walked in a pub, he had the place in uproar. Trust Me that what you see on the telly is not an act, he's really like that in real life, the geezer is a legend, he's funny as f*ck, he didn't give a f*ck, he'd torture the landlords too"

Imagine that?
Why must I feel like that . . . Why must I chase the 🐈

tonyangelino

Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on November 17, 2023, 03:00:14 PM

SHAME HE WAS A FIDDLING TAX CHEATING CUNT THOUGH 🙄 LESTER PIGGOT GOT 3 YEARS....HE DODGED THE BULLITT 👎👎👎

TO BE HONEST...HE NEVER EVER FLOATED MY BOAT LIKE 🙄

Same here i never thought much of Doddy but then i saw him on that An Audience With and he was brilliant.

John Trebor

"A man walks into a bar and says ouch..........it was an iron bar"

Cooper was an accomplished magician as well. Often overlooked because of his comedy approach to it.

John Trebor

Quote from: erimus74 on November 17, 2023, 03:10:54 PM
Quote from: LIDDLE_TOWERS999 (MODERATOR) on November 17, 2023, 02:28:43 PMWAS A UNDERATED FUCKING COMEDY GENUIS 🤣 😂 😆

Tomny Cooper was class, I still remember watching Lobdon at the Palladium when he collapsed & the curtains were drawn around him, watched it with my then girlfriend mothers house

How long before you realised he was in trouble? Apparently most people thought it was part of his act.

Bud Wiser

Quote from: TerryCochranesSocks on November 17, 2023, 03:55:44 PM

Saw Doddy at Darlington Civic. Got out at about 1.15am

A former workmate was at the same gig. Apparently he was on stage for about five & half hours!

Just a pity the goofy cunt didn't tip up for every fuckers taxi fares home!!

SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

erimus74

Quote from: John Trebor on November 17, 2023, 11:13:21 PM
Quote from: erimus74 on November 17, 2023, 03:10:54 PM

How long before you realised he was in trouble? Apparently most people thought it was part of his act.

I was about 23/24 years old & I just daid to my girlfriend, now wife, he's collapsed, thats true, the way he fell, the curtains drawn around him, then the program just went in the adverts, sunday evening
I just knew it was serious & as we waited for the program to come back on it was revealed he'd had a heart attack

I would think more people who watched the TV that night, than in the audience, thought he collapsed more than it been part of his act

Just checked & i'm now 7 days older than Tommy Cooper was when he passed away, I always thought he was older than 63

Big part of my childhood growing up in our house, mam & dad loved him

RIP Tommy Cooper

erimus74

My mam loved KD too, Morecombe & Wise also

She went to a few of Ken Dodds shows she would say he stayed on longer than he should have, dont know if that was the case with you Nosmo-king

Nosmo-King

Morning Erimus, yes with Ken Dodd you couldn't say you didn't get value for money! His shows were long- very long!! It is alleged theatre staff whilst liking him dreaded him also because he went on for so long!

Saw him at the Forum once 1.30 in the morning! God knows how he went on for so long!

A complete one off- superb entertainment

erimus74

Quote from: Nosmo-King on November 18, 2023, 07:47:13 AMMorning Erimus, yes with Ken Dodd you couldn't say you didn't get value for money! His shows were long- very long!! It is alleged theatre staff whilst liking him dreaded him also because he went on for so long!

Saw him at the Forum once 1.30 in the morning! God knows how he went on for so long!

A complete one off- superb entertainment

Morning Nosmo-king, yea my mam said that too

TerryCochranesSocks

Doddy used to bring a flask and pack up out for the second half and say "What? Haven't you brought yours?"

Also - "Don't worry about missing the last bus, you can get a lift home with the milkman!"