Aitor

Started by Keanu_Reeves, November 15, 2023, 07:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keanu_Reeves

Appointed Middlesbrough manager on the day 2013. Boro managerial record reads played 171 won 80 drawn 42 lost 49 win percentage 46.8%. Think we should have definitely have stuck with him in that premier league season, he'd have taken straight back up the following season - little Napoleon ballsed up big time there giving the job to baldy Agnew.

Kippers

No chance.
His stubbornness made us unwatchable in the prem, especially trading promotion winners for foreign journeymen.

Nah, not for me.

Bud Wiser

Nor me. He was an aloof control freak.
SAMMY AMEOBI - CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT PLEASE

tunstall

He was a fucking idiot

Yes he got us promoted...but he had no ambition of staying in the premier league....was happy to set up for a draw every game, once we conceded one goal it was game over, every week

Showed his true colours when he spat his dummy out before the Charlton game. Fucking clown.

We were well shot of him

Wee_Willie

He was intoxicated by his own arrogance, and was hated by the players.

erimus74

He started out by organsising the the team around defensive side of our game, reducing the amount of silly goals we were conceding, once he had done that he started to slowly improve the whole structure of the team, some might say his teams were boring but they certainly got among the goals & played some attractive football, with Tomlin, Adomah, Bamford, Ramiraz, Vossen, Stuani, we were far from been negative, no his problem it seemed he couldn't get his way over certain things, the Charlton game was a big talking point, sort of had fans questioning him then on, but for me, whether the club or manager, dismantling the promotion winning team, instead of building around that team was his downfall

Wee_Willie

I know Agnew. Agnew told me that he would often tell players that if they fuck up on the field they'll be playing in the lower leagues whereas he had a job lined up at Real Madrid.

He was not respected in the dressing room or in the boardroom.

Francks left peg

Quote from: erimus74 on November 16, 2023, 10:02:32 AMHe started out by organsising the the team around defensive side of our game, reducing the amount of silly goals we were conceding, once he had done that he started to slowly improve the whole structure of the team, some might say his teams were boring but they certainly got among the goals & played some attractive football, with Tomlin, Adomah, Bamford, Ramiraz, Vossen, Stuani, we were far from been negative, no his problem it seemed he couldn't get his way over certain things, the Charlton game was a big talking point, sort of had fans questioning him then on, but for me, whether the club or manager, dismantling the promotion winning team, instead of building around that team was his downfall

It's a shame that Charlton tainted things so much. It has cast a shadow over his otherwise decent time at the club. End of the day, it is always going to go sour eventually.